why is this game sitting in the UR status?

RJP_X

i know this game wasn't the most well received, and honestly i don't know how much effort the platinum takes to get. however, without there being any trophy guides out in the wild i wanted to hear some opinions on this game and getting the platinum for it.

currently in the spring sale its on sale for $20.99, i was very into j stars vs. some years back which i believe had a pretty rare platinum rate, but from what i remember of that game it wasn't really difficult, but grindy to platinum. which i was wondering if the same can be said of this game. j stars was also a game that had negative words said for whenever i read of people's opinions of it but i had a ton of fun with, which i was wondering if maybe that would be the case with jump force, unless it really is really bad and not worth bothering with. 

another question i had is, in terms of getting the platinum does having the deluxe version which i believe grants all the DLC characters help with anything? i would be fine just getting the base version of the game, which unfortunately unlike j. stars you have to pay extra to have access to all the characters. or at least, i have no recollection of j.stars having DLC characters. 

• 2 weeks later...

The game is basically J-Stars mixed with DB Xenoverse when it comes to platinum stoppers. The tedium that comes from doing the free missions grind, the online trophies, and just the over all mehness of the game keep most from even bothering to platinum the game. Also "big" anime games always have a bloated number of players due to the fans of the related to anime buying the game.

Also the DLC characters don't really help with anything. Only get them if you want them or their related cac moves/costumes.

On 4/13/2020 at 3:46 PM, Wavergray said:

The game is basically J-Stars mixed with DB Xenoverse when it comes to platinum stoppers. The tedium that comes from doing the free missions grind, the online trophies, and just the over all mehness of the game keep most from even bothering to platinum the game. Also "big" anime games always have a bloated number of players due to the fans of the related to anime buying the game.

Also the DLC characters don't really help with anything. Only get them if you want them or their related cac moves/costumes.

thanks.

its pretty meh however? what would you say the difficulty/and time would be for platinum? loved the grind of j stars and xenoverse games. 

The game is a 5-6/10 difficulty with a 50-60 Hour platinum.  As other people have stated, its a mix of the tedium of the trophies (i.e. play a bunch of online matches, collect a million different items, do a bunch of missions, etc.) and some actual difficult ones (i.e. get S rank 10 times on some of the difficult missions), and the game is on the whole not very exciting to boot. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 8:47 PM, RJP_X said:

its pretty meh however? what would you say the difficulty/and time would be for platinum? loved the grind of j stars and xenoverse games. 

If you can get a boosting partner or self boost with 2 ps4s, it's a 3/10 and takes about 40-60 hours if you just skip all of the story cutscenes. Without a way to boost it's a 5/10 due to how frustrating it can be play against real people. There is a lot of cheesy stuff that can be done in this game and that is all you will fight online.  

The free missions are more or less the same as xenoverse (Beat X team with X handicap, in X amount of time or with X amount of HP left.) 

As I said in another thread you can easily deal with the A.I with the following:

With a CAC: :square:,:square:,:square:,:square:,:triangle:,:triangle:,:triangle:, then a ranged move or dash melee move can deal with most A.I. fights.
For the ranged move I like Death Beam, it's fast (even at full charge) and has good range. 

For dash melee I like Shining Sword Attack or Meteor Combination
For  j skills use whatever you got that boost Attack or Ability power.
Also level up, the higher your level the easier things get. 

Edit: Another thing that is important for S rank is max combo. An easy way to get a high combo is to use Hundred Rending Fists for a free 100+ combo. 
You can easily combo into Hundred Rending Fists with a :square::square::square: starter and then use a uncharged Hundred Rending Fists.

Edited by Wavergray
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the online trophies are the toughest ones for me. Everything seemed to start out ok, but now I’m getting connection errors left and right. I don’t know how I’m going to make it to 30 matches let alone 100 lol (or those 10 challenges even...)