BEWARE! Old version bugs

Pinselneo

Hey,
The problem on this game is that it has on xbox/switch and ps4 the version 1.202 (you can see it on the main menu)
So there are a few bugs which are critical.
For example my game freezes when I go to the lighthouse. (a video sequence starts and nothing happens). So I cant play the questline anymore.

After some research I found out that this bug is caused from the dlc "stranger sins" so play the normal game first and then the dlc to achieve the platinum!
I have to wait for a patch or I have to start the game from scratch :(

It would be cool when everyone is writing an email to the developers to get the newest version from the game on the consoles.

The email to report things: [email protected]

Edited by Pinselneo
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

:( April 2021, this bug is still present. I reported it and did get a response that they got my bug report, but who knows when the fix will be in their schedule. Hopefully soon. I did another file now though to try for the main game platinum. Thanks for this post.

• 2 months later...
On 5.4.2020 at 0:55 PM, Pinselneo said:

Hey,
The problem on this game is that it has on xbox/switch and ps4 the version 1.202 (you can see it on the main menu)
So there are a few bugs which are critical.
For example my game freezes when I go to the lighthouse. (a video sequence starts and nothing happens). So I cant play the questline anymore.

After some research I found out that this bug is caused from the dlc "stranger sins" so play the normal game first and then the dlc to achieve the platinum!
I have to wait for a patch or I have to start the game from scratch :(

It would be cool when everyone is writing an email to the developers to get the newest version from the game on the consoles.

The email to report things: [email protected]

It is fixed with version 1.05

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to revive an old post, but from the various threads I’ve read on this I thought this would be the best place to ask. 

Is it safe to say that the only real way to play this for 100% is to only focus on the main game before even starting the DLCs? From what it sounds like is that each DLC added causes glitches that have to be very carefully avoided. 

8 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

Sorry to revive an old post, but from the various threads I’ve read on this I thought this would be the best place to ask. 

Is it safe to say that the only real way to play this for 100% is to only focus on the main game before even starting the DLCs? From what it sounds like is that each DLC added causes glitches that have to be very carefully avoided. 

You don’t have to do it this way, but due to the potential for some glitches and missables, it’s probably a good idea to wait until you’ve cleared most of the trophies from the main list. I finished the main game before diving into most of the DLC content, with the exception of the zombies DLC that I would recommend setting up asap! (because it automates so many tedious processes and speeds up the game considerably).

The tavern is a very good source of money, which is probably the biggest incentive to get started on that DLC earlier on. But it’s not necessary if you’d rather not risk it. You can make a lot of money in the base game through the church, the farm, selling stuff to the merchant etc. You can even make heaps of coins just having zombies delivering wood and stone to your house 24/7. 

• Like 1

Just now, dieselmanchild said:

You don’t have to do it this way, but due to the potential for some glitches and missables, it’s probably a good idea to wait until you’ve cleared most of the trophies from the main list. I finished the main game before diving into most of the DLC content, with the exception of the zombies DLC that I would recommend setting up asap! (because it automates so many tedious processes and speeds up the game considerably).

The tavern is a very good source of money, which is probably the biggest incentive to get started on that DLC earlier on. But it’s not necessary if you’d rather not risk it. You can make a lot of money in the base game through the church, the farm, selling stuff to the merchant etc. You can even make heaps of coins just having zombies delivering wood and stone to your house 24/7. 

Thanks for the quick reply. I’m coming off playing Moonlighter and that game was amazing. The internet seems to indicate that this is very similar. 

Based on your reply, I’m going to dive in. Sounds like any glitch can be avoided or at the very least there doesn’t seem to be anything that will permanently block me from 100% which was my biggest concern. 

Thanks again!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I’m coming off playing Moonlighter and that game was amazing. The internet seems to indicate that this is very similar. 

Based on your reply, I’m going to dive in. Sounds like any glitch can be avoided or at the very least there doesn’t seem to be anything that will permanently block me from 100% which was my biggest concern. 

Thanks again!

I’ve played Moonlighter and it’s comparable in some ways to Graveyard Keeper. I’d say this game is probably a lot closer to something like Stardew Valley though. It’s a really brilliant little game though in my opinion, has a very unique flavour to it and a grisly sense of humour too. The gameplay is pretty simple, yet there’s a ton of depth to the game and a lot of strategy and time management that keeps you up to your eyeballs in tasks at all times. I found it to be an intensely relaxing game to play and so hopefully you do too!

Make sure to check the DLC guides before you start for some info on missables or conflicting trophies. The Master Alchemist trophy was one in particular that I remember was missable if you were to use the alchemy recipes from the DLC. Overall though the trophies are pretty simple and shouldn’t give you too much trouble.

Have fun! ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’ve played Moonlighter and it’s comparable in some ways to Graveyard Keeper. I’d say this game is probably a lot closer to something like Stardew Valley though. It’s a really brilliant little game though in my opinion, has a very unique flavour to it and a grisly sense of humour too. The gameplay is pretty simple, yet there’s a ton of depth to the game and a lot of strategy and time management that keeps you up to your eyeballs in tasks at all times. I found it to be an intensely relaxing game to play and so hopefully you do too!

Make sure to check the DLC guides before you start for some info on missables or conflicting trophies. The Master Alchemist trophy was one in particular that I remember was missable if you were to use the alchemy recipes from the DLC. Overall though the trophies are pretty simple and shouldn’t give you too much trouble.

Have fun! 1f642.png

That sounds great! Stardew Valley is one of my favorite games. I called into work for two days after that game came out. I was so hooked lol!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I just got the platinum a few days ago. Anyone on the fence about this should definitely get the game. It has many gameplay/loop/systems it throws you into and can feel a bit daunting at the beginning, but it is a great game. I had a few cut scene bugs where I had to restart the game, but that was the worst of it. If you like item management and/or sim-lite games, don't sleep on this game.