Is my PS4 Pro failing or what?

Basically my launch PS4 Pro has frozen 3 times with NNK2, and I'm still in the first 2 hours of the game!

First 2 times froze in the very first battles on the world map - the console hard-locked itself and I could only unplug and re-plug the power cord. Then I tried to rebuild my database, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and patches, disabled 4k and Boost Mode, but soft-froze while in the first dungeon and the blue report screen appeared.
Is this a common issue with the game or should I worry about my console being faulty? Btw I then played Sleeping Dogs for 2 hours straight without any issues...

3 hours ago, TARDIS1977 said:

I never experienced such crashes during my entire gameplay, so I'm not sure what to say.
If it continues to freeze than maybe something is wrong with your Ps4, you are the first reporting such issues :/

Do you have a PS4 Pro?

Now I'm playing other games fine, and never experienced similar issues before. And no, it looks like I'm not the first with a PS4 Pro having this problem: https://www.google.com/search?q=ni+no+kuni+2+freeze+ps4+pro+site:www.reddit.com&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjS7qaXz-7oAhXGG5oKHU8lDq4QrQIoBDAAegQIARAP&biw=1366&bih=663

39 minutes ago, RainyDusk said:

Do you have a PS4 Pro?

Now I'm playing other games fine, and never experienced similar issues before. And no, it looks like I'm not the first with a PS4 Pro having this problem: https://www.google.com/search?q=ni+no+kuni+2+freeze+ps4+pro+site:www.reddit.com&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjS7qaXz-7oAhXGG5oKHU8lDq4QrQIoBDAAegQIARAP&biw=1366&bih=663

I played the game for over 189 hours lol and I had no problems at all :) I have a pro .. not sure what gives ??

8 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I played the game for over 189 hours lol and I had no problems at all :) I have a pro .. not sure what gives ??

Maybe it's just on a few PS4 Pro or on a specific PS4 Pro batch. I don't understand why it's happening only with this game. I'll try playing other games, and if the issue won't appear anymore, then it's definitely because of this specific game.

I'll update this thread in a month or so, just to be sure.

Edited by RainyDusk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RainyDusk said:

Maybe it's just on a few PS4 Pro or on a specific PS4 Pro batch. I don't understand why it's happening only with this game. I'll try playing other games, and if the issue won't appear anymore, then it's definitely because of this specific game.

I'll update this thread in a month or so, just to be sure.

;) Its a great game .. Story is not as intriguing as the first but still good :) I hope we see a 3rd part for the PS5

19 hours ago, RainyDusk said:

Do you have a PS4 Pro?

Yes I have a Ps4 Pro

• 4 weeks later...

After playing a bunch of diverse games for a month and never encountered a single freeze, I can pretty much say my launch PS4 Pro is not failing. It doesn't even overheats with the more demanding games - I played GOW again for a couple of hours straight, and I RYNO'ed through Ratchet & Clank in Challenge mode.

It's probably an issue with this game playing on a specific PS4 Pro batch (or my unit has a soul and doesn't want me to lose precious time on this game lol).

Well, I'll try again when I get a PS5 (hoping that this game will be backwards compatible).

On the topic of overheating or loud PS4 Pros, never actually encountered any of that.... that is until I decided to be a genius and opened up my console all the way to the chip, replace the thermal paste and dust it off.

First time booted it up, played Patapon 2 and was under the false illusion it was fine. It wasn't a demanding game anyway. After a couple hours, booted up Apex Legends and as soon as I got to the lobby, the fan kicked into overdrive (like a jet fighter taking off), console beeped once, and it auto shutdown. Tried it one more time and same thing happened. Tried another game, Ace Combat 7, and the fan was spinning noticeably louder but not as bad as when it was running Apex. But halfway through a mission, I.e. probably about 10 minutes, overworking fan kicked in and console auto shutdown. 

Opened it back up, and tightened a few screws holding the X shaped spring down (model CUH-7106B) and the fans run a bit quieter now. Sometimes it gets loud but I don't think I've noticed that before.