Need Help With a Code that Isn't Working

So my friend bought a physical copy of the Deluxe edition and was surprised to see that the Carbuncle DLC was not included with the physical copy but only with the digital copy. He is currently raging over this and wants Square-Enix's head on a pike. He's asked me for help because I'm more tech-savvy than he is, so I'm here to ask for help.
He said he has three codes either in the jewel case and on the receipt and two of which could be redeemed but the third one is causing him some trouble. This is what I know:

1. His code is not valid on PSN, it's a twelve-digit code just like how PSN does, but it's all numbers and does not come up as a valid code or is no longer available to be used.

2. When I logged into Square-Enix's site to redeem the code, they want letters and numbers and is sixteen digits; his code is twelve digits and only numbers.

Any help would be appreciated and if more is needed, I can try to supply as much as I know.

13 minutes ago, ISeeWutUDidThere said:

So my friend bought a physical copy of the Deluxe edition and was surprised to see that the Carbuncle DLC was not included with the physical copy but only with the digital copy. He is currently raging over this and wants Square-Enix's head on a pike. He's asked me for help because I'm more tech-savvy than he is, so I'm here to ask for help.
He said he has three codes either in the jewel case and on the receipt and two of which could be redeemed but the third one is causing him some trouble. This is what I know:

1. His code is not valid on PSN, it's a twelve-digit code just like how PSN does, but it's all numbers and does not come up as a valid code or is no longer available to be used.

2. When I logged into Square-Enix's site to redeem the code, they want letters and numbers and is sixteen digits; his code is twelve digits and only numbers.

Any help would be appreciated and if more is needed, I can try to supply as much as I know.

Based on the official product description of the physical deluxe edition it states:

Deluxe Edition Includes:

• FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE game
  • Art Book
  • Mini-Soundtrack
  • Steelbook Case
  • Cactuar Summon Materia DLC

So pretty much - no Carbuncle - just the Cactuar Summon. It looks like Carbuncle was a digital exclusive from the PS Store.

As far as the codes go, i'd say it's a region thing, but 2/3 codes work. The third code could be faulty or one of the letters/numbers is just badly printed. Other than that - do you know where the faulty code came from? Probably a good idea to get in touch with their customer support depending on where it came from.

3 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Based on the official product description of the physical deluxe edition it states:

Deluxe Edition Includes:

• FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE game
  • Art Book
  • Mini-Soundtrack
  • Steelbook Case
  • Cactuar Summon Materia DLC

So pretty much - no Carbuncle - just the Cactuar Summon. It looks like Carbuncle was a digital exclusive from the PS Store.

As far as the codes go, i'd say it's a region thing, but 2/3 codes work. The third code could be faulty or one of the letters/numbers is just badly printed. Other than that - do you know where the faulty code came from? Probably a good idea to get in touch with their customer support depending on where it came from.

Carbuncle is also part of the first class edition AFAIK

I have the first class edition and I noticed the Download codes for Carbuncle and Chocobo where added to my order just recently on the SE shop website. Had to manually click on both and then for each summon a 3x4 number/letter digit code appeared. I where able to redeem both codes in PSN and where able to download both summons.

I do not know how to describe it better. SE shop website where I could see my order of the game and all contents of the order are shown.

Those codes are NOT in the case! Only the Cactuar summon code is in the case!

Edited by Geridian