Time Attack on Hard or Normal first?

Following the guide you should do the TA on Hard first and then Normal. But isn't it better to start with normal TA and get the rewards first that give you more damage, among other things? I am following the TA guide from PS4Trophies and I barely beat the first colossus (hard TA) with 6 seconds left whereas he had ~50 seconds left due to all the upgrades from the TA Normal run. 

So before I continue with the TA on Hard and possibly reach a dead end I wanted to ask how doable it is to beat TA on hard first without the items from the normal run.

There's an easier way to do it that only requires you to do the TAs on Normal. You have to do them twice but it works, it's how I got the trophy. There are better explanations online but I'll try here. Basically you do one run on Normal getting all the items but do not pick them up from the pool. After you've beaten all the TAs and all the items appeared in the pool then you make a new save on that save file on ng+ hard and then the unlockables from the Hard TA should be replaced in the pool. Again, that's not a great explanation but it does work and I highly recommend it if you're having a difficult time doing the TA on Hard.

• Like 2

In TA it doesnt matter what 'items you have' because you start out with ONLY your basic gear & health/stamina as you would encounter them for the first time (so no swords/spears/cloaks & all that you get as items in the pools) 

If you want to do it 'legit' then start on Hard, as soon as you have done Gaius (3rd) the rest is absolutely a cakewalk compared to it

If you want to do it with the 'glitch' then read the post above xD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AdruA_ said:

In TA it doesnt matter what 'items you have' because you start out with ONLY your basic gear & health/stamina as you would encounter them for the first time (so no swords/spears/cloaks & all that you get as items in the pools) 

If you want to do it 'legit' then start on Hard, as soon as you have done Gaius (3rd) the rest is absolutely a cakewalk compared to it

If you want to do it with the 'glitch' then read the post above xD

Damn so the items are also not usable in TA? (knew about health/stamina being reset). That's a bummer. Guess I will try my best with hard TA first.

I did HTA first because I'd just finished the game and was trying to figure out if I was going to go for the plat, and figured that if I could knock off some of the harder colossi in HTA then it'd be a cruise to go through NTA.

I did them all first try except for #15 and #16 which were a pain in the ass (I'm not the greatest at vidya games and a bit of a rookie trophy hunter). Slept on it, came back and managed to do them with a bit of luck especially on #16 where I got a lucky plant on the vital point and knocked it off in 6mins.

Anyway I'm rambling but NTA was trivially easy after doing HTA, did them all first try, most in just a few minutes. So depends on whether you want a gradual challenge I guess. Another reason why I did HTA first is because I wanted the Queen Sword to knock out some quick playthroughs when I was bored of time attacks and pump up my stats so that might be something you want to consider. Either way I don't think you should have much trouble, it's a battle of attrition sometimes more than anything once you're familiar with each colossus.

@Alex_R-13 nope, only 'basic' stuff

To give an idea how I did it, it took me about 5 hours for the 3rd colossus alone, then another 5 hours for all the 15 others, thats why I would recommend to not skip the 3rd one if its too hard, because that one definitely will make or break your platinum

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AdruA_ said:

@Alex_R-13 nope, only 'basic' stuff

To give an idea how I did it, it took me about 5 hours for the 3rd colossus alone, then another 5 hours for all the 15 others, thats why I would recommend to not skip the 3rd one if its too hard, because that one definitely will make or break your platinum

@AdruA_ did you break his wristguard or try resisting the wrist for #3? I defeated him on both time attacks by breaking his guard normally and didn't have much of a problem at all

@jjemmb i did it with breaking his wrist, it could be faster without breaking it though, still, took me awfully much time to do it, took me long to notice how to take advantage of his shaking rhythm (like, 3 stabs on head, go to shoulder, so he shakes his body instead of his head)

There's also some 'tricks' for other colossi like Phalanx (13th) where u could leave his vulnerable spots after 2,5 stabs so he doesnt throw u off, he can actually be killed in a single 'run' onto him if done correctly 

• 1 year later...
On 01-05-2020 at 11:09 AM, MoonSecrets said:

There's an easier way to do it that only requires you to do the TAs on Normal. You have to do them twice but it works, it's how I got the trophy. There are better explanations online but I'll try here. Basically you do one run on Normal getting all the items but do not pick them up from the pool. After you've beaten all the TAs and all the items appeared in the pool then you make a new save on that save file on ng+ hard and then the unlockables from the Hard TA should be replaced in the pool. Again, that's not a great explanation but it does work and I highly recommend it if you're having a difficult time doing the TA on Hard.

does the exploit still works?