These Monsterfights are impossible to win

Sikutai

because I swim there with my raft, but I can't use my anchor there. So the Raft drift away during the fights and after a distance the Monster swim back to his start point. When I reach it again he has 100% health again. I'm frustrated. When I go into the water i am dead very fast. I tried Megalodon over and over again today.

How did you manage to win these Bossfights?

Edited by Sikutai

The not being able to anchor your raft sucks, and after each boss I had to swim far and wide to retrieve it. 

As for the bosses, the shark, I was inspired by my Dark Souls/Bloodborne method of defeating bosses and just straddled that booty and chipped away with a refined axe until it died. If you ‘sprint-swim’ it is very easy to keep up with and makes for an easy fight.  

For the other two, if you hug the buoy while in the water, they cannot touch you.  Take as many spears as you can and throw away to your hearts content. 

Here’s an example of the method used for the last two bosses:

https://youtu.be/UOCBWRQW1M0

Edited by OTPYG
  • Like 1

I can try to help. What I did to prepare was build a 4x3 raft with sail and rudder, craft the spear gun, stock up on spear gun spears and refined spears, craft some bandages and craft the sleeping bag. 

I would make a save with the sleeping bag on the sea right at the boss areas just before initiating the fight.

It is possible to jam or wedge your raft onto the whale and sunken boat, top of the battleship and onto the buoy so your raft doesn't float away. Doing this also helped me defeat the bosses.

For the megalodon I steered the raft between the whale and sunken boat and left the sail down so it would get stuck and stay between them. I stayed on the raft for the full fight and never went in the water. I would shoot it as it poked it's head out from the sides of the raft. Took some time but got it done without getting hit. Also the shark never leaped out of the water to attack if I stayed on the raft. It would do it's jump attack if I went onto the whale or boat.

For the eel, I would raise the sail and manually wedge the raft onto the top of the battleship so it would get stuck and not float away. I would then swim down and start the fight and swim back to the surface. Staying under the water I would just circle around the top part of the ship shooting the eel and going up for air when needed. I found this fight to be the easiest, I didn't get hit once in this fight.

For the squid I did the same method for the eel. Left the sail up and manually wedged the raft onto the buoy so it got stuck before starting the fight. I then swam down and threw a refined spear into it to start the fight and swam back up and onto the raft. I stayed on the raft for this fight as well. When you shoot the squid it throws out a tentacle to pull you in the water. What I did was every time I shot it, I would then jump to dodge the tentacle. It works well if you get the timing right. I only got pulled into the water a few times. 

The boss fights are very manageable with the proper preparation. 

The most difficult part of the game for me was trying to save without the game crashing. It seemed the game would crash about 1 out of every 3 save attempts. Really annoying. I was playing the NA version, not sure if the EU version has this same problem. 

Anyways, hope this helps and Happy hunting !!!

Edited by MadSlasher13
  • Like 1

Thank you two. I saw the Videos and now I did learn how to positiong the Crates better on my Raft. And for the Bosses I'll build a second smaller Raft which can drift away or that can get stuck better. But it's nice there, Caribean-Flair, Ocean and Sunshine, I don't want to escape, hehe.

I had never Problems with Crashes when I save, but between the Saves. So I save a lot now, every 10 Minutes or so, EU-Version.

Edited by Sikutai

16 minutes ago, MadSlasher13 said:

I don't have a PS4 Pro but the game still crashes all the time on PS4 regular even after the patch.

21 minutes ago, LukeSpidey said:

Did the latest patch fix the crashing problems on PS4 Pro?

No, but if you save a lot it is just a minor Problem. Craft the Sleeping Bag as soon as possible. I have got a PS 4 Pro.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

How I did it. Megalodon, park raft on dead whale. Stand on raft and mega circles and doesn't jump out of the water, Spear gun it.   Squid. Swim in the water right next to bouy, duck under water, squid just circles. Spear gun it.  Before you agro squid it is possible to drag raft slightly onto the bouy, this will stop or at least delay it drifting. Eel, park gyro copter on top of boat. Agro eel and swim underwater to a balcony with covering above it, (close to the copter) eel never attacks just circles, Spear gun it, breathe as nessesary. 

Edited by Ara_Dax
  • Like 1