Vita Trick: Risky or safe?

VoidVictorious

1 minute ago, ChenZheCHN said:

I’ve answered in a previous post.

Another thing you want to take into consideration is whether your sub-account has got some trophies. In PS Vita, trophies might have been synchronized to your console, but are invisible until you start the game for the first time. So, if you have played a game and got some trophies on your sub-account before, they might have been on your newly-formatted Vita but just invisible. A safe way to confirm this is to always check the Trophies app after booting a game for the first time. If an empty trophy set is added to your Vita, you are fine. If not, use CMA to backup once and restore once your Vita. Downloaded games, settings and emails will be backed up, so you don’t have to worry about setting your email again, while trophies will be cleared during the process.

I’m sorry, I don’t remember that post. Did it refer to the online or offline method. Are you saying that this will get around the trophies being unlocked on the alt or is that a problem that will persist?

5 minutes ago, ChenZheCHN said:

I’ve answered in a previous post.

So, even if your alt-account has got all trophies, as long as you can still get them again, you’re safe. Note that this way of check applies only to offline games. Online games might synchronize at any time so the only way to confirm is to make sure you see the “trophy unlocked” notification.

This has no online trophies. So this refers to playing the offline game logged online to psn, correct?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I’m sorry, I don’t remember that post. Did it refer to the online or offline method. Are you saying that this will get around the trophies being unlocked on the alt or is that a problem that will persist?

I don’t understand what is online or offline method. There is one and only one Vita Trick.

For offline games, check the Trophy app and make sure a new empty trophy set is added. This will be enough.

For online games, checking the Trophy app is just the first step. Online games might synchronize trophies at any time, so trophies you have already unlocked in your alt-account might get synchronized to you Vita. If that’s what happened, you won’t be able to unlock them again.

In one word, if you could see the “trophy unlocked” notification in top-right corner of the screen, then it means that the trophy is newly unlocked on this device and is ready for synchronization. For online games, you don’t know if this newly-unlocked trophy is immediately synchronized to your alt-account or not, so you have to check before doing the trick.

Please keep in mind that if an online game synchronize trophies immediately, it means that the game cannot be done using the trick. That’s why I (and some others) highly recommend you try this trick first on two alt-accounts if you’re doing an online game.

13 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

This has no online trophies. So this refers to playing the offline game logged online to psn, correct?

Go offline using Flight Mode before starting the game, and don’t go online until you close the game.

Edited by ChenZheCHN
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChenZheCHN said:

I don’t understand what is online or offline method. There is one and only one Vita Trick.

For offline games, check the Trophy app and make sure a new empty trophy set is added. This will be enough.

For online games, checking the Trophy app is just the first step. Online games might synchronize trophies at any time, so trophies you have already unlocked in your alt-account might get synchronized to you Vita. If that’s what happened, you won’t be able to unlock them again.

In one word, if you could see the “trophy unlocked” notification in top-right corner of the screen, then it means that the trophy is newly unlocked on this device and is ready for synchronization. For online games, you don’t know if this newly-unlocked trophy is immediately synchronized to your alt-account or not, so you have to check before doing the trick.

Please keep in mind that if an online game synchronize trophies immediately, it means that the game cannot be done using the trick. That’s why I (and some others) highly recommend you try this trick first on two alt-accounts if you’re doing an online game.

Go offline using Flight Mode before starting the game, and don’t go online until you close the game.

See your last sentence is the issue, I was referring to. Evidently, the online method involves playing the game from the alt on your account and staying online while the offline method involves playing the game on the alt and then transferring it to the main using the trick. So online: sync trophies whenever you want. Offline: Sync all at once. There isn’t just one method. That’s why I am still asking questions.

Void is privately messaging me about this - I'm getting a little bit more information than the general thread. 

What he wants to know is how risky the trick is to BOTH accounts. The game in question is DELISTED and on somebody else's MAIN account, since if he messes up, there's not an option to try again since the trophies are synced somewhere (verification?) with no way to get the game again, and somebody is getting flagged.

It's way too risky.

Void, you can probably help yourself a little bit more here, but to everyone else : This situation is a little more unique than your general "lets stack 500 EZPZ Rata games", so lets not ridicule Void for trying to maintain a 100% account who actually takes some risks now and then.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

1. Format vita

2. Sign in as alt account but do not sync trophies. 

3. Set up email 

3. Download delisted game.  

4. Turn off wifi

5. Complete game

6. Close all apps. 

7. Turn wifi on. 

8. Do the switch account trick through the email, so switch to your main but don't close the email app.

9. Go to settings- account management and if you're signed in,  sign out and back in.  If you're signed out, sign in and out and back in again.  

10. Click on the trophy app, do not sync,  the tab should be on the left.  Should say ps vita system.  Not on the right,  where it says playstation network.  It may give you a restoring message or an error message.  This is fine.  Close trophy app. 

11. Switch to email app and switch back to your alt account.  

12. Open the trophies app and the trophies will sync. 

Since the vita doesn't sync trophies at the start it doesn't know if you've earned the trophies in that game and therefore they will pop again.  

You will not stuff up your alt account as the earlier timestamps will stay but potentially you could stuff up yours.  But if you're careful with these steps I don't see a problem.  Only potential problem is if the alt has ps plus so if the trophies auto sync when you turn the wifi back on once you've completed the game.  Is there a way to turn off auto sync. 

23 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Void is privately messaging me about this - I'm getting a little bit more information than the general thread. 

What he wants to know is how risky the trick is to BOTH accounts. The game in question is DELISTED and on somebody else's MAIN account, since if he messes up, there's not an option to try again since the trophies are synced somewhere (verification?) with no way to get the game again, and somebody is getting flagged.

It's way too risky.

Void, you can probably help yourself a little bit more here, but to everyone else : This situation is a little more unique than your general "lets stack 500 EZPZ Rata games", so lets not ridicule Void for trying to maintain a 100% account who actually takes some risks now and then.

Thanks for the nice words!