That final treasure map deciding battle...

On 5/12/2020 at 7:25 PM, instastoump said:

I've been playing the F@CKING level for almost an hour and when I was a little befire a pass it the gold godzilla cornered me and killed. One hour. Wasted. 

Like I said, you really need that skill that heals you whenever you use a special ability (at Level 3). Map the two 4th Gears abilities and then map the Thor Drop Hand and Fist abilities (where he balloons his hand and the other his foot) to clear out mobs.

You also need to have the maps fully completed. So Luffy is 100% upgraded.

Also, don't be afraid to RUN! If you feel a fight is going bad, unlock from the target and hightail it out of there. Kill mobs, use abilities to regain health.

Another tip is to use the skills that let you do max damage to break gauge and to giants.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I was stuck longer on the level before in the grass, although both levels are unnecessarily annoying and long winded.

Aside from the tips here, I thought it was a better idea to equip 4th Gear Skills but also the other skill you start with at the beginning, the one that every character seems to start with, I think for Luffy it is his second gear, can't remember the name.

I actually found 2nd Gear to be more useful than the 4th gears since you have way more control over your character and the attacks are longer range. It's also handy to be able to just mash Triangle button from a slight distance at the bosses and chip away at their health with beams like attacks without risking to be too close

At any rate, 3 gears where you can get health back is better than 2.

Edited by enaysoft

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

The episode for this is "True Pirate Warriors", right? I just beat it on my millionth attempt and no trophy. AHHHHHH!

Edit: Never mind - I just exited the game and got a "While you were gaming" popup with the trophy. What's that all about?! At least I got it after all!

Edited by ukiukimidnite

• 2 months later...