Rumor: Blood Omen: The Legacy of Kain remake by Bluepoint

https://gamerant.com/legacy-of-kain-remake-rumor/

https://gamerant.com/bluepoint-remakes-jak-daxter-blood-omen-legacy-kain/

I am not sure about the website but I found this interesting. If it is true sounds like they are trying to make it like a Director's Cut by adding in unfinished story elements. Just hope it would not be a re-imagining though but Bluepoint does have a good track record. We will just have to wait and see if this is real or rumor.

My biggest concern is that it is mentioned they want to give it Dark Souls combat which for me is a pass.

Edited by Void
  • Like 1

I used to know someone who worked for Crystal Dynamics back in the Legacy of Kain days. She was like a mom to me haha.

I would absolutely check out a remake. I think the entire series is pretty under rated and over due for a new coat of paint / next gen treatment.

24 minutes ago, Void said:

If it is true sounds like they are trying to make it like a Director's Cut by adding in unfinished story elements.

Like the chess mini-game that they had to cut to technical issues?  I would have liked to seen that.

Please let there be some truth to this. I've wanted the series as a whole to make a comeback for so long. This alongside Soul Reaver series please!

20 minutes ago, Jables_The_Hutt said:

I think the entire series is pretty under rated and over due for a new coat of paint / next gen treatment.

This is too true. I can't believe the series as a whole hasn't made an re-appearance. 2003 Defiance came out. 17 years is way too long.

5 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

The article seems sketchy. I would love to see Jak happen because of nostalgia, and I would love to experience anything related to Legacy of Kane for the first time, but I'm not convinced. If the source were more credible, sure, but with how this is presented, I won't get my hopes up.

Yeah I have not read anything on GameRant before i just did a Legacy of Kain search and that came up.