Anyone collect blu rays

JoeTootell

I've got a good collection of blu-rays, mainly in steelbooks, im a sucker for so called "special edition" packaging both movie and game related.

I tend to buy films and series's on blu-ray now but i wont go back and rebuy my entire dvd collection, I've re-bought my favourite films like The Thing, Anchorman, The Godfather and so on but otherwise ill only upgrade if there's a reason.

For example i would re-buy my Jackie Chan collection if they were significantly improved in picture quality or extra features. I buy The Simpsons seasons on blu-ray to avoid the terrible dvd packaging. I bought the German version of The Walking Dead season 1 as its uncut and region b (I never buy cut movies).

That's my rationale anyway

I've been collecting Blu Rays since I purchased my PS3.  But I already had a collection of DVDs, so I tend not to re-purchase the same movies unless there's a signiificant improvement in quality and extras.  Now every new movie/TV show I purchase is on Blu Ray unless it's only available on DVD.

Small advice: check reviews before purchasing.  Just because it's Blu Ray it doesn't mean the quality of the picture is good, specially in older Blu Rays.  Sometimes the people in charge of the release are just lazy and will release a Blu Ray with the same quality as a DVD.  Be wary of those who have lots of different releases too.  Newest one doesn't mean better one.

I've got around 10-15 or so and like 3 are really mine which are : Brave, RDJ's Sherlock Holmes movies :P

The steelbooks are nice, I've never been a big fan of collecting movies since I'm not the re-watching type.

i use to think that about myself untill I was ill for a week and found myself raiding my parents DVD collection and I actually realised rewatching a film you spot things second time around you don't first time around.

I have about 30.. I wouldn't say I collect them but its just any movie that I do purchase now days is blu-ray, give up with buying DVDs sometime ago.  Haven't purchased any lately at all because the HMV in my town closed so haven't been able to get any good deals.  I never buy movies at full price.

• 3 weeks later...