Demo Motion Sickness

So I downloaded the Iron Man VR Demo and I was very excited to play it in the hopes of not only getting a sense of how the game would play but also to unlock one of the skins for the main game. Unfortunately I was only able to play for about 10 minutes before getting really bad motion sickness that lasted for several hours. This was surprising to me because I normally don't get sick with VR games. I have played Beat Saber and the Playroom and also tried some smaller VR games when the Samsung VR first came out. I want to get the main game but not if it will be like this. Did anyone else experience the same motion sickness that I did and if so did anyone find ways to mitigate that?

I get motion sickness really easily, even when playing the sit down VR where you only move your head as part of the gameplay.  Nothing worked for me and I was going to give up when I tried ginger.  Try having ginger with hot water, it works really well in staving off motion sickness and I was able to play through the VR Worlds' mode where you're rushing through on a skateboard and the moving van sections with no issues (where otherwise in two minutes I would feel like I wanted to die).

I got motion sickness in Resident Evil VII and the Scavenger mission in VR Worlds. basically in those game where the character is moving but your are standing.

The brain sees an action around it where you are moving but in the same moment it knows you are on your couch and that's what disorients me the most.

Games like Beat Saber, SuperHot VR and Until Dawn: Rush Blood never got me sick as what the character is doing in the game is the same as you.

In FFXV: Monster of the Deep I get a little sick when roaming around searching for the fishing spot but not when fishing.

Played The Iron Man Demo and didn't get sick at all, maybe cause I did it sitting and not standing?

I'll try the ginger tea with REVII, I'm curious.

• Like 1

I normally get motion sickness on games that have "walking" mechanics; that's why I tried the Demo before deciding; the moment you start flying I was afraid it wouldn't work for me but at the end it did; I played the whole thing no issue.

If you only have tried on PSVR Beat Saber and The Playrrom you probably have not fully tested if you feel motion sickness; try a demo for here they lie; robinson, resident evil 7 (if they actually exist) or any other game that may have walking, just be careful while doing it and stop right away if it feels bad:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think Scavenger mission makes absolutely everyone sick. Even my Dad got sick with that within about 30 seconds and he is immune to everything. Not Scavenger mission though.

I am sad because I suffer from motion sickness in a lot of VR games, not all, but finding out this game gives a lot of people motion sickness, probably isn't a game I can play...

• Like 2