Psnprofiles Ranking vs. Overall Actual Ranking

BriSnyScienceGuy

Given that there are roughly 4.5 million accounts on PSNProfiles and there are probably over 100 million accounts in the world, how do think your ranking would compare if you could see it against all 100 million accounts?

I feel like there would have to be some sort of sliding scale given most of the highest ranked accounts are on here and most of the lowest ranked accounts have very few trophies. 

If I'm 22,000 in the world on here, am I close to that number or 220,000 or 1,000,000?

I agree with Pot1414 - the people who care about trophies will have either updated themselves or had someone update them here at this point. At a certain PSN level, you would have to be going for trophies to obtain it so the higher level you go the more accurate it probably is. 

I knew a few accounts that were level 12-15 that were never on here, which I took the liberty of updating. So that’s not the highest rank but definitely does have some trophies. I think if you’re level 20+ you’re likely gonna be on this site, you get to level 30-40 your rank is probably quite accurate. It would just boggle me that accounts exist out there that are high ranked and not on the leaderboards, unless they were banned for cheating. So to sum up, I’d say low rank you probably have a skewed number, higher ranked, it’s probably accurate.

Just because PSN has over 100 million accounts doesn't mean all those accounts are actually active and being used, I'd honestly be shocked if 50% of those accounts are actually active.  How many people on here have created alternate profiles?  Quite a few also have alternate profiles in other regions just for buying games and don't use that profile for trophy hunting.  Then there are the cheaters who created new accounts after their account was banned, people who lost access to their account and had to create a new one and people who created an account in error because they thought their account was on a different email.  On top of that you'll have people who stopped playing on PSN for various reasons.

To be honest, PSN profiles likely has a majority of the accounts that are actually active or have been active at one point.