PS4 Digital may come with free upgrade for PS5

Lord_Bane999

I was just checking the recent listing for Far Cry 6 and all versions of the game on NA PSN it says at the bottom this.

"Upgrade to PlayStation 5 Version: This Digital Far Cry 6 PlayStation 4 game gives access to corresponding Far Cry 6 PlayStation 5 digital version at no additional cost, when available.

Requires a PlayStation 5 or a PlayStation 5 Digital Edition, a PlayStation Network registration, additional storage and Broadband Internet connection."

This is pretty great to see no confirmation on if physical editions will as well.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/product/UP0001-CUSA15717_00-FC6EDSTANDARD000

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 2

You can just put the PS4 FC6 disc in the PS5 and play, no?....

There will probably be a patch with maybe better texture and run better etc. Same thing.

I was wondering why the physical preorder lists don't include a ps5 version printed on the box(there's a xb1/xbox series version) 

I guess it's the 1st example of what was announced some weeks ago, ps4 titles released after August will be compatible with ps5 day one. 

Imo, it seems that the game does not include any ps next generation features (at least at girst glance), thus the decision to omit a ps5 box.

1 hour ago, NERVergoproxy said:

There will probably be a patch with maybe better texture and run better etc. Same thing.

From I gather you can, buy haven't seen any hard confirmation on it.  I don't know if it will be like the PS3 to PS4 upgrades, disc for confirmation of ownership then download to play on the system.

5 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Yes, all games submitted for certification after July 13 must be playable on PS5.

Edited by BloodyRutz