DLC trophies

yowzagabowza

These came at a great time for me as I just finished one big game and needed a small game to play before starting another big game.

A few seem tough, however. 

My best score from before is around 1.3 million, but we need to score 2 million for a couple trophies. There are a few new relics which may make that easier, but I haven't unlocked them yet. Which brings me to the other challenging aspect, the Weekly Run.

So far I haven't been able to beat one of these because the modifiers have been no good for me. Im assuming you must make it to the end in order to unlock a new relic, but I just hope it's not a full playthrough with all three chapters, that will be very tough. 

Aside from those, it appears the Defeat 10 Mimics trophy may be bugged. Nobody has it yet and im positive I've killed ten of those things.

3 hours ago, sword_of_omens said:

Oh...this is a pleasant surprise...when did the DLC come out? i would love to revisit this game...

I dunno when, like Friday or something? 

Anyway, you DO have to complete an entire run for the weekly challenge. I just wasted so much time on the cycloptopus boss, cheesing the save and quit option when I was about to fail. Until the he crashed and sent me back three stages. Fought my way back to Octo only to have it crash again and me rage quit.

I didn't have too much trouble with Rogue invulnerable only two turns one. Except for a lot of crashes. I almost got 2 million in that, but relics don't unlock for score in Weekly runs.

I get the feeling that the Mimic trophy is glitched, no-one seems to have it. I've killed more than 10 now I think, but still no pop. Maybe it needs to be in a single run.

As for how to get trinkets in the DLC. 4 are score based, a number require you to collect 5 puzzle pieces each. Since there's only like 10 puzzle pieces out each week it'll take 3 weeks or so to unlock them all.

17 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Until the he crashed and sent me back three stages. Fought my way back to Octo only to have it crash again and me rage quit.

7 hours ago, KindredSprites said:

Except for a lot of crashes

crashes are not fun...i had an issue with one of the updates where the game would crash after every 3 or so screens and almost always on a boss fight (i complained about it in another thread i think...it was very frustrating, but i had thought they patched the issue because after the latest update (before the DLC) they had disappeared on me...now it seems they might be back....hopefully they will patch the issue like they did before...

10 hours ago, KindredSprites said:

I didn't have too much trouble with Rogue invulnerable only two turns one. Except for a lot of crashes. I almost got 2 million in that, but relics don't unlock for score in Weekly runs.

The invincible Rogue is the one that crashed twice on me. I had a crap first turn on one stage which made beating it a bitch, and that's where the crash kept sending me back to. I was a couple stages before the second boss.

The DLC trophies are way harder and way more time consuming than all base game trophies. 

I can't clear the weekly for the life of me.

Also it's gonna take months to get all the relics because 5 puzzle pieces doesn't guarantee a relic... I got my first one yesterday and it gave me an equipment modifier. Basically just adding something to all future runs.

Also pretty sure I killed over 10 mimics but no trophy.

Edited by aZombieDictator

The second was a relic. I got it today. Not sure whether the next one will be. It'll probably be knowable. But even with perfect puzzle piece acquisition I can't imagine being done this month. Hopefully the mimic trophy is patched before then.

Edited by KindredSprites

Hmmm, so this seems to be pretty time consuming, huh? Maybe I'll just do a little at a time instead of going straight through. I could always just do a daily challenge and be done, sorta like those damn Rayman online challenges.

I don't know why, but I STILL havent managed to beat a run with ten relics equipped. It's really pissing me off, too?

Anyone here actually earn the Mimic trophy without it being a glitch or anything? I've done all trophies aside from unlocking and mastering all the relics and yet the Mimic trophy still hasn't unlocked for me. 

It's at .04% on my system, and that's more than the usual .01% from a developer unlocking it or whatever, so im wondering what the heck is going on?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/08/2020 at 10:23 AM, KindredSprites said:

The second was a relic. I got it today. Not sure whether the next one will be. It'll probably be knowable. But even with perfect puzzle piece acquisition I can't imagine being done this month. Hopefully the mimic trophy is patched before then.

If the middle piece (first piece of each) is pink/purple you're getting a powerup. Relics (from what I've seen, 15/19) are all yellow.

I've also had the issue with the mimic trophy. Beat 12 in a run and it didn't unlock. Used the relics that give more treasure chests, more special rooms and more enemies per room to get that many. Unless you've to do it without relics but that seems strange when all other trophies allow relics.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so the Mimic trophy is definitely bugged. It's at .08% right now, and a couple people here have it, so it's not impossible to earn, but I've killed DOZENS of Mimics and no trophy. I even made sure to kill ten in a single run, even got 14 in one run, still, no trophy. 

I tried deleting and redownloading, still a no. 

It really sucks because I have all the other trophies and just want to be done with this game. 

On 13/09/2020 at 11:45 PM, yowzagabowza said:

Ok, so the Mimic trophy is definitely bugged. It's at .08% right now, and a couple people here have it, so it's not impossible to earn, but I've killed DOZENS of Mimics and no trophy. I even made sure to kill ten in a single run, even got 14 in one run, still, no trophy. 

I tried deleting and redownloading, still a no. 

It really sucks because I have all the other trophies and just want to be done with this game. 

Any word from the developer about fixing it? During my relic mastering cleanup run I beat another 10+ mimic chests. Frustrating really.

20 hours ago, Nauticus87 said:

Any word from the developer about fixing it? During my relic mastering cleanup run I beat another 10+ mimic chests. Frustrating really.

Ive never contacted a dev in my life and I don't have Twitter (seems to be the only way to contact people anymore) so im just as in the dark as you. I sure hope they fix it, though, preferably retroactively so I don't have to find any more Mimics.

29 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Ive never contacted a dev in my life and I don't have Twitter (seems to be the only way to contact people anymore) so im just as in the dark as you. I sure hope they fix it, though, preferably retroactively so I don't have to find any more Mimics.

Well, thanks to a conversion I made at their indie booth at PAX a couple years back, I was actually able to reach out to them personally.  Here's the response I received:

"We've heard of some people having issues with that one, but never been able to reproduce any problems ourselves unfortunately, which makes it really hard to fix. There shouldn't be any "trick" to it. Sounds like a lot of folks on that thread really should have unlocked it. Sorry. 

I'll keep thinking about ways I could apply pressure to that code to track down what might be going wrong. If I figure it out and/or can think of a workaround until a patch comes, I'll definitely let you know!"

I'll report back if I hear anything further.  But I've gotta give the Wonderbelly kudos for responding to me so promptly and personally!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turbotron_ said:

Well, thanks to a conversion I made at their indie booth at PAX a couple years back, I was actually able to reach out to them personally.  Here's the response I received:

"We've heard of some people having issues with that one, but never been able to reproduce any problems ourselves unfortunately, which makes it really hard to fix. There shouldn't be any "trick" to it. Sounds like a lot of folks on that thread really should have unlocked it. Sorry. 

I'll keep thinking about ways I could apply pressure to that code to track down what might be going wrong. If I figure it out and/or can think of a workaround until a patch comes, I'll definitely let you know!"

I'll report back if I hear anything further.  But I've gotta give the Wonderbelly kudos for responding to me so promptly and personally!

Cheers for that. Not sure I want to keep playing if it's randomly unlocking without explanation, I'll wait in hope for a solution/patch.

2 hours ago, turbotron_ said:

Thanks for contacting them. 

That's not really the answer I wanted, though, haha. 

Every time I kill a Mimic I pray that it pops?

• 3 months later...

Hey, a new dlc pack is out! Yay!

Three new trophies, but mainly, I hope this includes an update that fixes the mimic trophy which has been glitched for me since the start.

Edit: so, they changed the requirement for the Mimic trophy to be "defeat a mimic on the first turn of a room" and it STILL won't work for me>: (

Two of the new trophies are just for beating new bosses which I got on my first run, so not very rare. Not sure what the third one is for rewarding the gift givers generosity.

Edit again: I contacted the developer who answered me right back, because he's awesome. I just had to play from a new save and kill a Mimic on my first turn and it worked. Thank goodness. 

The Gift Giver trophy is just for doing all his quests and then meeting him once more in the dungeons.

Edited by yowzagabowza
  • Like 2

On 17/12/2020 at 2:34 PM, yowzagabowza said:

Edit again: I contacted the developer who answered me right back, because he's awesome. I just had to play from a new save and kill a Mimic on my first turn and it worked. Thank goodness. 

The Gift Giver trophy is just for doing all his quests and then meeting him once more in the dungeons.

Thank you! Got the mimic trophy on a new run, cleaned up the new DLC trophies in a couple of runs, 100%. Been a long time coming.