Stardew Frustration

Elshiznitski001

Hey guys. I just figured I would complain here to some people who might be able to understand where I am coming from. I originally played Stardew Valley, and it was pretty cool, I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I didn't think I was going to commit the time to getting a Platinum on it. A few months later, I decided to give it another play, but never really got anywhere on it. Then they put out the multiplayer content patch, and I got my wife to play it with me, and that was when we really got hooked!! I finally got to do everything and experience the game the way it was meant to be played. It was so fantastic.....until I had to try and beat journey of the Prairie King without dying. What a joke. Totally ruins the mood of the game and the whole experience. I spent around 100 hours on the game so far, and got every trophy, but it is seeming like this is going to be the one of two games that I am one trophy away from completing. It makes me so angry. I have been trying constantly to beat it, but I just don't think it is meant to be. It also makes me super mad that people are able to cheat this achievement/trophy on PC but on ps4 and xbox we are supposed to complete it legitimately, and that can prevent us from getting the platinum. UGH! This and freaking injustice 2 (Cat Call) are going to haunt me forever.

• Like 2

it's kinda sad to see a minigame so hard it's keeping you (and many others including me) from getting the plat. I can't really speak from experience since I never really gave it a try (maybe some other time), but this is not the game (like you said). an amazing experience, tarnished (for many trophy hunters) by a stupid minigame.

I love hard plats even though I am most of the time not good enough for them, like smb. but the hardest trophies in this game are just playing more of it and not somethin complety diffenrent than guiding the little sack of meat through hell

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 11:20 AM, Reinachii- said:

Best mini game ever. Its really fun and rewarding. 

There are lots of tips and strats around. Im its possible for anyone.

But, does that make it reasonable? Do you want to play mario kart, and be on the final level, about to beat the game entirely, and find out the final level is actually a first person shooter that has nothing to do with the rest of the game? How about about to platinum the newest call of duty, only to find out the last trophy you need is a Dance Dance Revolution simulator? It doesn't make sense to have this mini game tied to Stardew Valley trophy completion

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elshiznitski001 said:

But, does that make it reasonable? Do you want to play mario kart, and be on the final level, about to beat the game entirely, and find out the final level is actually a first person shooter that has nothing to do with the rest of the game? How about about to platinum the newest call of duty, only to find out the last trophy you need is a Dance Dance Revolution simulator? It doesn't make sense to have this mini game tied to Stardew Valley trophy completion

I haven’t played Stardew, but I think this is a good point about games in general - and actually can be applied to boss battles too.

Always seemed weird to me that devs put so much effort into their game mechanics, only to force the player to complete a boss at the end that doesn’t use any of the main game’s mechanics.

Deus Ex 3 was a bit like that - and recently the Resident Evil 3 remake had that problem. 

I can definitely think of a few games with this minigame issue keeping the platinum out of reach or just plain irritating  too - Red Dead with it’s card games, Judgement with it’s Mah Jong, 3D Game Heroes with the absurdly difficult  race mazes. I remember the Quest of Dungeons plat required you to do pretty well at snake in addition to actually playing the real game. Even one of the Call of Duties required playing Zork to get the plat.

seems there is a long history of this!