Is this games crushing difficulty easier?

I don't know why but I felt like this games crushing difficulty felt way easier to its predecessor. In uncharted 1, playing crushing difficulty was an absolute nightmare. You died in about 3 or 4 shots with a pistol, and with many enemies ganging upon me, I died over and over and finally got past uncharted 1 with around 300 deaths. Uncharted 2 rolls along and it feels so much easier. Before I would get through maybe 1 chapter per day in uncharted 1 playing around 2 to 3 hours a day. Now I was getting through at least 4 or 5 per day while still playing around 2 to 3 hours per day. Granted, the back half of the game gets way harder ( I'm looking at you chapter 22) but overall, this game felt way easier through crushing difficulty than the last. Just wanted to put up this post to ask if any of you had the same experience. 

I don’t think it’s ‘easier’ as a difficulty setting, I just thing the levels are laid out slightly better and the enemy spawns are more sensible relative to the size of each map, if that makes sense. 

So it may feel easier, even though it’s not. That’s just my opinion though, I could be talking rubbish. 

I found UC 1 completely manageable on crushing once I got used to the difficulty increase from Hard after a few chapters. It was fine after that.

Went into 2 and 3 on Crushing from the get-go and didn’t have any problems.

Brutal is another kettle of fish entirely if you play the three legit without using the tweaks exploit. That’ll test you!

• Like 1

I found Uncharted 2 to be slightly harder than 1, because it's more dependant on skill. Uncharted 1 has plenty of places where you can use corner shooting, especially in the second half. It's a lot harder to stay in one place in Uncharted 2 (and 3), because enemies will swarm you. Especially the shotgun guys.

Not sure if I’m just used to the difficulty (beat U1 on crushing and brutal right before doing U2 on crushing), but it feels easier. The first real point I found to be frustratingly hard was at the end of the train sequence, where you fight the burly guy one on one. I do believe that it feels easier because the level design is much better though, and checkpoints are more convenient. U2 is brilliantly put together compared to U1 and it shows when tackling upper difficulties.

Mechanics of course get better with each installment so that makes progress smoother.

Inherently i don't think the game was made to be easier

But don't underestimate player experience. As you play games in a series, you will automatically adapt more easily and your reflexes and enemy/ai mechanics knowledge will get better.

The combination of the two is what makes us feel like badasses as we progress through more and more games (well... sometimes at least ?)