Madden NFL 21 is here

skewbald_DIPS

14 hours ago, mcgrotty__ said:

As like last year I think they have blocked trophies. The game isn’t even showing up on my trophy list as a new game would. Strange as the UFC 4 trail let me unlock trophies

I have experienced the same thing last night & this evening. Not on dashboard trophy list & check back soon under game. A psnprofiles user on Twitter told me his popped up automatically.  I am in the process of downloading again to see if that helps. Also reached out to EA on Twitter,  but it wasn't a question regarding assistance buying mut points, not expecting an answer.  If you figure anything out, please update.  I'll post after reinstall is complete, maybe it will work.

So, please do correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm NOT 100% certain on this—but I'm fairly confident that the Platinum could not be unlocked with EA Access last year regardless of whether or not trophies were active.

Reason?

Again, unless I'm mistaken, the EA Access trial restricted how far you could progress in the story mode, "Face Of The Franchise". At a certain point in progression on that mode, the trial restricts your progress and says you have to wait for the full release to continue. This cut-off IIRC is PRIOR to story-related trophies. For example, the gold trophy "QB1" is earned when you get drafted to the NFL in Face of the Franchise. Again, unless I'm mistaken, the EA Access trial did NOT let you progress that far, regardless of the 10 hour time limit. Therefore, how could anyone have earned the QB1 or Platinum trophies that way?

So unless I'm totally off-base, I'd dispute anyone who is claiming they earned the Platinum last year solely through the EA Access trial. For those pointing out that the Platinum for Madden 20 was earned prior to its commercial release..... of course it was, plenty of people are playing early with review copies. Review copies were out in the wild before even EA Access went live on Madden 20, and trophies were fair game.

That may have been the case, but I don't think they restricted it.  I exhausted the 10 hours before starting that mode.  Decided to end with those trophies assuming they were going to consume the most time, which I stupidly based on that longshot bs from previous years. Really hope this doesn't happen with fifa.

20 minutes ago, IUHoosiersownUK said:

That may have been the case, but I don't think they restricted it.  I exhausted the 10 hours before starting that mode.  Decided to end with those trophies assuming they were going to consume the most time, which I stupidly based on that longshot bs from previous years. Really hope this doesn't happen with fifa.

Right, and I don't believe they restricted it either. I'm pretty sure you could get trophies (at least at the beginning, but maybe also all along) through the EA Access Trial. But I do assert that you could not get the Platinum Trophy through the 10 hour trial, because some FOTF trophies (and thus the Platinum) were locked out of the EA Access trial due to progression restrictions. A few people are claiming that they did—or they believe people were—getting the Madden 20 Platinum solely through the trial. That's all I'm contending is untrue.

Edited by BlackFrancis17
Clarity

1 hour ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Same trophies as years past pretty much. Just going to Platinum one Madden game and thats it. Madden 18 is pretty much good for another few years if I want to play against friends lol

Madden 11 is the easiest Madden game to platinum and good thing it didn't have online trophies to deal with.

Has anyone using the EA Access trial gotten trophy list to appear or earned any? I reinstalled again this morning hoping standard release date would make a difference.   Can't say I'm surprised,  but disappointed.  I think allowing trophies to be earned during 10 hour trial would sell more copies.   If someone hit 38%, they would have more incentive to complete.