5 DLC's On release?

Prairie_Falcon_

On 8/19/2020 at 6:12 PM, Prairie_Falcon_ said:

Wow, I know train sim world has a ton of DLC's but wasn't expecting so many to release on day one with the 2nd iteration of the game, something about this rubs me the wrong way. what do you all think?

It's fine - nobody is 'forced' to buy the DLC. Sims like this always have DLC so people can expand on the experience with trains and routes they personally like.

Plus, I don't believe there are five DLCs as a bunch of them are the same as from TSW - it's just a new set of trophies for DLCs which already exist (as they all work in this game too). It's like Hitman 2 with the Hitman 1 trophies.

*[Preserved Collection] basically means it's DLC which was released for TSW and TSW2020 which you can download for free (if you already own them) and play them in TSW2. New trophies but the routes and scenarios are the same as last time.

------------------------------------------------------------

DLCs which work with the game on day one (all were available for TSW so will be free if you already own them): 
[Preserved Collection] NDD-L7 01 - Caltrain MP36PH-3C 'Baby Bullet
[Preserved Collection] NDD-L6 01 - Caltrain MP15DC Diesel Switcher
[Preserved Collection] GCC-R7 01 - East Coastway: Brighton - Eastbourne & Seaford
[Preserved Collection] DBB-R6 02 - Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr: Duisburg – Bochum
[Preserved Collection] NDD-R7 01 - Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco - San Jose

Upcoming content and BC with the previous DLC:
[Preserved Collection] DBB-L7 02 - DB BR 155
[Preserved Collection] GDD-L5 05 - BR Class 20 'Chopper'
[Preserved Collection] GDD-L5 04 - BR Class 31
[Preserved Collection] NCC-R7 01 - Long Island Rail Road: New York – Hicksville
[Preserved Collection] NCC-L6 01 - LIRR M3 EMU
[Preserved Collection] DBB-R6 01 - Ruhr-Sieg Nord: Hagen – Finnentrop
[Preserved Collection] GDF-R5 02 - Tees Valley Line: Darlington - Saltburn-by-the-Sea
[Route Add-On] GCC-R7 03 - Isle of Wight (Developed by Rivet Games)
[Upgrade] Livery Designer additional functionality

Arriving later but currently being worked on:
[Preserved Collection] GDD-L5 01 - BR Class 33
[Preserved Collection] GDD-L5 02 - BR Class 52 'Western'
[Preserved Collection] GDD-L5 03 - BR Heavy Freight Pack
[Preserved Collection] NDD-R6 01 - Canadian National Oakville Subdivision: Hamilton – Oakville
[Preserved Collection] DBB-L7 01 - DB BR 182
[Preserved Collection] GDG-R7 01 - Great Western Express
[Preserved Collection] DBB-R7 02 - Main Spessart Bahn: Aschaffenburg - Gemunden
[Preserved Collection] GDF-R5 01 - Northern Trans-Pennine: Manchester – Leeds
[Preserved Collection] DBB-R7 01 - Rapid Transit
[Preserved Collection] DBB-R7 03 - Rhein-Ruhr Osten: Wuppertal – Hagen
[Preserved Collection] GDD-R7 01 - West Somerset Railway
[Route Add-On] DBB-R7 04 - Munich – Augsburg. With BR 403 & BR 423.
[Route Add-On] GBC-R7 01 - Southeastern High Speed: London St Pancras via Ebbsfleet to Faversham. With Class 395, Class 375.
[Loco Add-On] DGG-L7 01 - DB BR 363 (Ruhr-Sieg Nord)
[Loco Add-On] NDD-L7 02 - C40-8W (Sand Patch Grade)
[Upgrade] Raildriver and external hardware support
[Feature] Train Sim World 2 Mastery
[Feature] Driver Logbook

Not being worked on but are planned:
[Preserved Collection] DGG-L6 01 - DB BR 204 (Developed by Rivet Games)
[Route Add-On] CBB-R7 01 - Arosa Line. With Ge 4/4 II. (Developed by Rivet Games)
[Route Add-On] NDD-R7 02 - Cane Creek. With AC4400CW & SD40-2. (Developed by Skyhook Games)
[Route Add-On] NDD-R5 01 - Clinchfield Railroad: Elkhorn - Dante. With SD40-2, F7 A/B.
[Route Add-On] DBB-R7 05 - Hamburg – Lubeck. With BR 112 + Doppelstockwagen & MRCE BR 182.
[Route Add-On] FBB-R7 01 - LGV Méditerranée: Marseille - Avignon. With TGV Duplex.
[Loco Add-On] GCC-L7 01 - Class 313 (East Coastway)
[Loco Add-On] GCC-L7 02 - Class 465 (Southeastern High Speed)
[Loco Add-On] DKK-L7 01 - DB BR 101 (Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen)
[Loco Add-On] DKK-L7 02 - DB BR 187 (Developed by Skyhook Games)
[Route Upgrade] Bakerloo Line expanded service
[Fix] Miles Platting
[Fix] Cement Circle

Edited by turniplord
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, turniplord said:

It's fine - nobody is 'forced' to buy the DLC. Sims like this always have DLC so people can expand on the experience with trains and routes they personally like.

Plus, I don't believe there are five DLCs as a bunch of them are the same as from TSW - it's just a new set of trophies for DLCs which already exist (as they all work in this game too). It's like Hitman 2 with the Hitman 1 trophies.

That makes more sense, I was wondering what the "set 1" was for. I bought all the DLC's for their other game "Fishing sim world" and generally enjoyed them, a bit on the expensive side tho (personally)

6 hours ago, GTAJJ said:

The fact that there's 5 NEW DLCs on launch is very annoying, they've cut it up and sold it piece by piece. On the flip side, less trophies so...

Isn't it great when people fail to read the explanation of what these are on the same page they post their own ignorant reply to the title and not the actual truth... 

The devs have not 'cut it up and sold it piece by piece' - so don't be silly. I explained all the details above in a very long post. The base game itself contains three brand new routes, each with its own missions, scenarios and trains. the Five 'DLC' packs are the first wave of legacy routes. So, you can either buy them now for TSW2 or, if you owned them for TSW or TSW 2020, you get to download them for free. They have a new set of trophies, but they are basically BC versions of the routes people may already own.

This is wave one, in September there's around six or seven more routes and train packs being added which are the same - free if you owned them previously, or you can buy them if you want them - each with their own new trophies. It's a very similar process to Rock Band 4 and how it let you import the 'new' versions of the songs if you had bought them previously, once they had updated the tracks.

They have planned a bunch of new DLCs to come later this year and beyond, but their main focus at the moment is the legacy support as that was a key feature of TSW2

So yeah, there isn't five 'New' DLCs (literally none of them are 'new'), and nothing has been 'cut up'. You should read the comments on the page before sparking outrage and false information based upon a title and not the info given?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Isn't it great when people fail to read the explanation of what these are on the same page they post their own ignorant reply to the title and not the actual truth... 

The devs have not 'cut it up and sold it piece by piece' - so don't be silly. I explained all the details above in a very long post. The base game itself contains three brand new routes, each with its own missions, scenarios and trains. the Five 'DLC' packs are the first wave of legacy routes. So, you can either buy them now for TSW2 or, if you owned them for TSW or TSW 2020, you get to download them for free. They have a new set of trophies, but they are basically BC versions of the routes people may already own.

This is wave one, in September there's around six or seven more routes and train packs being added which are the same - free if you owned them previously, or you can buy them if you want them - each with their own new trophies. It's a very similar process to Rock Band 4 and how it let you import the 'new' versions of the songs if you had bought them previously, once they had updated the tracks.

They have planned a bunch of new DLCs to come later this year and beyond, but their main focus at the moment is the legacy support as that was a key feature of TSW2

So yeah, there isn't five 'New' DLCs (literally none of them are 'new'), and nothing has been 'cut up'. You should read the comments on the page before sparking outrage and false information based upon a title and not the info given?

Game launched without access to this part of the content. Fact.

To gain access to the content, you have to pay more than the entry fee. Fact.

These legacy routes is already been made, which although are compatible with the TSW2, aren't available for the player unless they... you guessed it... paid more money. They are DLC however way you want to cut it, and just re-marketing old DLC onto a new game. This is content already made pre-launch to the game yet sold separately. It is different during TSW1 because it was released AFTER the game launched.

So try again before acting sarcastic and desperately defending milking business tactics. As I said, on the plus side, less effort for me.

• Like 3

Just now, GTAJJ said:

Game launched without access to this part of the content. Fact.

To gain access to the content, you have to pay more than the entry fee. Fact.

These legacy routes is already been made, which although are compatible with the TSW2, aren't available for the player unless they... you guessed it... paid more money. They are DLC however way you want to cut it, and just re-marketing old DLC onto a new game. This is content already made pre-launch to the game yet sold separately. It is different during TSW1 because it was released AFTER the game launched.

So try again before acting sarcastic and desperately defending milking business tactics. As I said, on the plus side, less effort for me.

You clearly don't understand how simulation games and Dovetail Games in general work, do you?

You purchase the base game and then, if it's something you're interested in, you buy the routes and trains that you wish to use. Yeah, they're DLC, but they're not 'New' DLCs as you're crying over. These are simply updated versions of the routes which were available previously. When you bought Rock Band 4, did everyone gain access to every single song which was in RB 2, 3, Lego, Beatles, ACDC, etc... for free? No. Those who owned the content previously got it, others had the chance to buy them (in some cases). Very similar concept.

TSW 2 is a completely new game over TSW (in terms of the engine and code), so why you'd expect it to launch at regular price with all previous DLCs is anyone's guess. Nothing has been cut out of the game, as it was never part of the game, the three routes included are what were promised and advertised as being included with the game. You just sound entitled, like you demand the game to have everything because you don't want to buy the DLC you're feeling 'pressured and forced' into buying. Grow up.

Like I said though - main thing here is that IF you bought the DLC for TSW or TSW 2020 (which you say is fine as it was after it was released) - this content is now free to download, install and use. Let's take another example - Hitman. If you buy Hitman 2 and you have the full version of Hitman 1, you can import those levels into Hitman 2 - but only if you own the missions from the first game. Another process that's very similar. If you've ever owned Train Simulator on PC, they upgrade the game each year and update the DLC packs - again, free to grab the enhanced editions or you can buy them if you don't own them. 

I don't think you understand the concept of games which have a base edition and DLC which moves with it from version to version. TSW isn't a GOTY or 'Complete' Edition of TSW or TSW 2020...

3 minutes ago, turniplord said:

You clearly don't understand how simulation games and Dovetail Games in general work, do you?

You purchase the base game and then, if it's something you're interested in, you buy the routes and trains that you wish to use. Yeah, they're DLC, but they're not 'New' DLCs as you're crying over. These are simply updated versions of the routes which were available previously. When you bought Rock Band 4, did everyone gain access to every single song which was in RB 2, 3, Lego, Beatles, ACDC, etc... for free? No. Those who owned the content previously got it, others had the chance to buy them (in some cases). Very similar concept.

TSW 2 is a completely new game over TSW (in terms of the engine and code), so why you'd expect it to launch at regular price with all previous DLCs is anyone's guess. Nothing has been cut out of the game, as it was never part of the game, the three routes included are what were promised and advertised as being included with the game. You just sound entitled, like you demand the game to have everything because you don't want to buy the DLC you're feeling 'pressured and forced' into buying. Grow up.

Like I said though - main thing here is that IF you bought the DLC for TSW or TSW 2020 (which you say is fine as it was after it was released) - this content is now free to download, install and use. Let's take another example - Hitman. If you buy Hitman 2 and you have the full version of Hitman 1, you can import those levels into Hitman 2 - but only if you own the missions from the first game. Another process that's very similar. If you've ever owned Train Simulator on PC, they upgrade the game each year and update the DLC packs - again, free to grab the enhanced editions or you can buy them if you don't own them. 

I don't think you understand the concept of games which have a base edition and DLC which moves with it from version to version. TSW isn't a GOTY or 'Complete' Edition of TSW or TSW 2020...

Glad you finally accept they are DLC, got past that hurdle. Train Sim DLC's have always been headline news for how ridiculous overpriced and how much there is as it's individually sold separately. I didn't play RB so I cannot say. It doesn't make it good, value decreases overtime, this way is a way to re bump up the "value" that's all. It's DLC made before and added to the base game but cut off behind paywalls. That was my point. It's Day 1 DLC. Educate yourself. Thank you.

Just now, GTAJJ said:

Glad you finally accept they are DLC, got past that hurdle. Train Sim DLC's have always been headline news for how ridiculous overpriced and how much there is as it's individually sold separately. I didn't play RB so I cannot say. It doesn't make it good, value decreases overtime, this way is a way to re bump up the "value" that's all. It's DLC made before and added to the base game but cut off behind paywalls. That was my point. It's Day 1 DLC. Educate yourself. Thank you.

No point even bothering to continue this as you're clearly ignorant and lost in your own little world. As I said - this isn't a GOTY or Complete edition so you're not entitled to any of the legacy routes or trains. Also, I never disputed they're DLCs, I disputed your definition of calling them 'New' DLCs as if they've made new content for day one - when in reality it's legacy versions of existing content from the previous game for those who already own them. Which, I'm guessing, doesn't include you - so why are you even crying about it?

In which I am happy to concede that they might now be new. I didn't say I deserve them, I simply stated the fact they have sold them separately day 1 with individual lists. It is old content upon investigating further but as I said only done to artificially inflate their value. You came running to the defence of such business practices. You're assuming again. As I said for the third time, less content to do now. Re-read next time before assuming.

38 minutes ago, Prairie_Falcon_ said:

Man how nice would it be if this was the case for every game! The amount of bugged trophies I have personally run into these last few years has been insane!

for sure! idk how far your watched/listened, but someone in the comments said along the lines, "i dont care about achievements" and the guy said, "well, some people do and should expect to earn them as and when they should"". hearing that stream has given me the confidence to buy tsw2020 and start working on it next sale and then tsw2 when it goes on sale.

• Like 1