Bloodborne Platinum Trophy Review & Guide

MrZhangetsu

Hello, Good Hunters.

After securing my Sekiro plat a few weeks ago, I jumped headfirst into Bloodborne and thoroughly enjoyed my time with it, except for a few hours near the end in the Chalice Dungeons. As is usual with the games I finish, I have written a simple Review and Guide.

If you haven't come across one of our reviews before, basically we—my friend and I—like to write reviews based on our platinum trophy journeys with a strong emphasis on the whole journey rather than just the story, like most reviews.

• Like 2

It's been 5 years since bloodborne come out, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
I too really enjoyed bloodborne, and the later chalice dungeons (specifically the defiled chalice) made me fall in love with the game and the combat it had to offer. The game forced me to actually engage with more of its combat faculties.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great write up!

For me Bloodborne was the first game where I felt like platting the game just wasn't enough, after hearing stories of  the DLC I thought I'd give it a go and I really wasn't prepared! (first soulsborne game, and I started on NG+) Roughest experience ever ? but I've never felt so much emotion beating the final (and penultimate) DLC boss and haven't since. 

Good job platting Bloodborne! 

Hope you will find some time to give the old hunters a go, well worth the time! 

Edited by PunkDuMane
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PunkDuMane said:

Great write up!

For me Bloodborne was the first game where I felt like platting the game just wasn't enough, after hearing stories of  the DLC I thought I'd give it a go and I really wasn't prepared! (first soulsborne game, and I started on NG+) Roughest experience ever 1f602.png but I've never felt so much emotion beating the final (and penultimate) DLC boss and haven't since. 

Good job platting Bloodborne! 

Hope you will find some time to give the old hunters a go, well worth the time! 

The Old Hunters DLC is absolutely on my to-do list!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just going through the game myself and I feel like I can plat the game. My first souls game I fully dove into. Brought Demon Souls day one since a friend recommended it but couldn't get into it. But with Bloodborne after I beat my first boss I was fully invested (after 10 tries). Ill probably pick up the DLC when my backlog dwindles down to a few games.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2020 at 8:35 AM, MrZhangetsu said:

The Old Hunters DLC is absolutely on my to-do list!

Congrats on bagging both Sekiro & Bloodborne! They’re both fantastic games, and certainly a really nice addition to the trophy cabinet with how challenging they are. ?

As for The Old Hunters DLC, I cant recommend it enough! Seriously, it’s one of the finest pieces of add-on content for any game that I’ve ever purchased. 

Idk about you, but personally the majority of the time I find that DLC content just feels like something that was probably part of the base game originally, only to be cut out and repackaged into a DLC to sell later on, in order to squeeze every extra $ out of players. Most of the time it just feels like more of the same, and ends up being rather forgettable. Tbh I probably wouldn’t bother with many DLCs except for the annoyance of leaving games at less than 100% complete.

However... every once in awhile you stumble across a truly fantastic DLC, something of really high quality and rich with content that adds something truly special to the game. Some excellent examples being Blood & Wine/Heart of Stone from The Witcher 3, or The Frozen Wilds for Horizon Zero Dawn. Or of course, The Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne. ?

Out of all the DLCs I’ve purchased across many games, The Old Hunters remains at the very top of the list when it comes to the level of quality. They did a fantastic job, creating jaw dropping new environments, terrifying new creatures, and kicking up the challenge several notches by introducing some of the craziest boss fights in the game.

If you don’t have it already, it’s pretty much guaranteed to be on sale in the upcoming Black Friday/Xmas sales, so don’t miss out!

• Like 2

Best weapon to wield is the Rakuyo if you have DLC, if not Blades of Mercy. (it's dex build). 

There's also The Broccoli Boy build (Milkweed ruin, Kos parasite), it's an arcane build. Just wanted to put this here.

Anyways, congrats with Sekiro and Bloodborne plat. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I actually came back to this masterpiece after 5 years on my ps5, and by the grace of the Yaharnam this game holds up so well. 

what I wouldn’t give to have the honour to replay it again on a actual PS5 version with 4K ray tracing 60-120fps mode. I know asking for a sequel is too much but only that would make this hunter happy. 

I know I’m a bit rusty but I actually tried it again Abhorrent beast layer 5 yesterday after years and was divine. 

Needless to say this is the best from software game, Sekiro managed to come close but no game can top this one. As for the souls named ones I recently replayed on the PS5 dark souls 3 and is magnificent, the best of the trilogy no doubt. 

After being mesmerized once again by the remake of Demon’s Souls please make it happen.

• Like 1