Trophy Guides for Games on PS3+PS4

While playing through Assassin's Creed II on PS4 (as part of the Ezio Collection) I discovered that while the site does mark the trophies I earn on the game's main PS4 page, they aren't marked in the trophy guide. I believe this is because it's the same guide used for the PS3 version and only tracks PS3 trophies (which I guess are different?). I'm wondering if this is a bug and if it's not if it would be ok to simply clone the PS3 guide so I can more easily track my trophies

A guide can only track trophies from 1 trophy list so in case of AC 2 it's either ps3 or ps4 version. The other version or versions can be linked that you see a guide exists and read that guide.

And as i personally wrote a guide for Doom 3 PS4 by copying the PS3 version guide i got a comment that a multiplatform guide tracking trophies is in the making though has no ETA yet

Edited by Evil_Joker88

3 hours ago, stonehengee192 said:

Thanks for the guidance! I just submitted a copy for AC II for PS4 and will likely do the same for other multi-platform AC games when I get to them.

I would recommend also changing the playtime and difficulty ratings as well when doing it since there is no multiplayer trophies

Uhm, what? I would recommend to not copy someone's guide at all. Firstly, it's plagiarism and secondly it's just a whole lot more (unnecessary) work for the guide team, because it will get rejected most likely - if it wouldn't the guide section would become a mess. Should there be a system to track multiple platforms/regions for one guide? Yes. Should there be a duplicate of every guide for every platform/region? Oh god, no! If everyone just copies everyone's guide, have fun making sure they're all consistent if someone updates his guide.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Uhm, what? I would recommend to not copy someone's guide at all. Firstly, it's plagiarism and secondly it's just a whole lot more (unnecessary) work for the guide team, because it will get rejected most likely - if it wouldn't the guide section would become a mess. Should there be a system to track multiple platforms/regions for one guide? Yes. Should there be a duplicate of every guide for every platform/region? Oh god, no! If everyone just copies everyone's guide, have fun making sure they're all consistent if someone updates his guide.

It shouldn't be labelled as plagiarism if the guide is already there but it includes roadmaps for online trophies and incorrect difficulty and such. A lot of people who have written these guides don't seem to use the site anymore. I guess as long as credit it given to the original guide writer then all should be good. Should the site be able to track version differences? absolutely but it doesn't so the best way to get around the issue is just mend the tools we have already. There could be glitches that some of these guides reference that have probably been fixed in the re-releases. 

It's not an easy task to build up such system, for sure. And maybe a possible solution could be what you're proposing. However, right now it's just copying someone's work and putting your name on it. Maybe some guides are abandoned but most aren't. I've seen quite a few guides created years ago but got updated recently - especially when it comes to server shutdowns or the like. How would you differentiate between them? Contact every guide writer and mark it as abandoned if they don't answer in a while? What if they want to come back just to see someone has copied the guide and maybe altered it? There should be an official announcement on how to handle this topic before people just start to copy guides. And right now this announcement is "There will be a solution, but no ETA on it" as @Evil_Joker88 pointed out.

Edited by woggly4

25 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

It's not an easy task to build up such system, for sure. And maybe a possible solution could be what you're proposing. However, right now it's just copying someone's work and putting your name on it. Maybe some guides are abandoned but most aren't. I've seen quite a few guides created years ago but got updated recently - especially when it comes to server shutdowns or the like. How would you differentiate between them? Contact every guide writer and mark it as abandoned if they don't answer in a while? What if they want to come back just to see someone has copied the guide and maybe altered it? There should be an official announcement on how to handle this topic before people just start to copy guides. And right now this announcement is "There will be a solution, but no ETA on it" as @Evil_Joker88 pointed out.

Yeah I know its not an easy task but a way we can get around everyone copying guides is I don't know have the Guide Team designate some people or create a post asking people who are interested to go through and fix guides for re-releases. I think it's something that needs to be done and I completely agree with your points as well don't get me wrong. Also looking at past posts it seems like there are a lot of things that have been in the works for years "with no ETA" that still haven't been implemented. I just think there needs to be a placeholder fix for the time being

Well i am in favor of publishing guides for different trophy lists if there is a difference between versions like Doom 3 PS3 vs PS4. Various guides for all versions of identical games like Steins;Gate? No. I hope the multi stack tracking trophies with 1 guide comes soon...

My guide was not published because i copied the text from the ps3 version and changed not a word. To avoid plagiarism i made @griffin123456789 co-author and mentioned him also in the introduction. But i have to alter every trophy description so that it differenciates from the other guide otherwise it won't be published despite both games having different content and therefor different difficulty, amount of playthroughs and time needed to complete.