Is Stocked Trophy Harder Now?

gokayK-

18 hours ago, MrVasi said:

Whilst this has undoubtedly become the most difficult trophy to get now the game is F2P, it's still possible without spending any money. Just got it now along with the Platinum, after some research on how to count your items. For anyone struggling with this, hopefully I can give you a little help towards getting this to pop.

JWILL225 on Reddit mentioned that a while ago the starting number for items was around 725 (including all those Common items like the flags). When I started playing the game 4 years ago, who knows what number I started with, but it was probably somewhere between that and 764, which is the number of all rarity items you start with as of today when counting all rarities in your inventory. I checked a couple of days ago and saw 874 items in my inventory, so perhaps either 874-725 =149 at best, or 874-764 = 110 items earned at worst - not taking into consideration any Blueprints, which the game doesn't count as items in the Inventory count at all, or any Traded in items (where you've got rid of 5 items from these numbers you can tally yourself, but gained 1 new item).

I got the trophy to pop when trading in 5 items for a new one, so can confirm the game is only looking for items 'acquired', rather than items still owned as many people can confirm when trading the same item between themselves to get this trophy. With Season challenges, Tournaments, and other free items to be gained now and then, it's probably more rewarding than ever to go for this trophy.

Tl;dr:

• A slower F2P now to earn online
  • Count items in Manage Inventory > Triangle over Sort by Rarity and add up all rarities
  • 6 months ago the count was ~725, currently 764 items for new players
  • So overall total needs to be about 875 to 914 items
  • Game only counts items earned, so can trade in 5 items for 1 new item (but will then make it harder for you to count!)
  • Blueprints are not counted in the Inventory number, although other users report these as counting for the trophy count
  • Enter 'popcorn' in the Code Entry in the options for a +1 if you already haven't!
  • Just keep playing!

Good luck to everyone F2P-ing the notorious Stocked Trophy!

I truly did not know about the "popcorn" code that you can redeem, thanks a lot for this one! :)

• 2 months later...

Wow this game has gone from one of the easiest plats 5 years ago to suddenly quite difficult. I've noticed the plat percentage is now at 2.8% and falling compared to the 7% it had back in 2016. Unless you have a friend to trade with its a hell of a grind. Not only that but the only players still playing this are all the veterans and masters at level 70 so just winning games is tough enough. I'm grinding acquiring items by completing the challenges but scoring goals is no easy feat now as your unlikely to come across casual players anymore. I'm getting there but it's hard work! 

• 3 weeks later...

233 hours after this damn trophy is still not popping.

Aaand now I got it. Lol. Nice surprise.

Won tournament, bought tournament items (1000) and it popped.

So Stocked trophy takes around 235 hours, for anyone wondering. If you use all the tricks. Good luck...

Edited by J-Isoniemi

7 hours ago, J-Isoniemi said:

233 hours after this damn trophy is still not popping.

Aaand now I got it. Lol. Nice surprise.

Won tournament, bought tournament items (1000) and it popped.

So Stocked trophy takes around 235 hours, for anyone wondering. If you use all the tricks. Good luck...

Was this as a brand new account? Or after returning when it was F2P? 

• 3 months later...

I tried for some time getting this trophy for the platinum, but so far I still didn't get it as a free player.

I almost got all others trophy while gaining items.

I was wondering if the game now count only items you currently have.

I traded a lot using the trade in 5 items for 1 new item.

I am pretty sure I should have the trophy by now, but it didn't pop.

For now, I stopped the trade in 5 items for 1 new item to test if it work like this.

I do a lot of tournament to gain points and redeem item.

I was also wondering if some item are not counted for this trophy like limited items or maybe some type (song, banner, ...).

I currently have 908 items :

* 821 common

* 9 lest common

* 7 rare

* 27 very rare

* 10 imported

* 1 exotic

* 40 limited

If it still don't work, I might try Hulsinator1's method to backup and delete Rocket League.

EDIT: So in the end, after exchanging 8 items with tournaments points, I tried using the trade in 5 items for 1 new item.

And I finally got this trophy.

The item was a banner, so it doesn't seems Rocket League have criteria for items.

It's just long to get this trophy.

Edited by Ogrinator
Got the trophy

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 0:34 PM, running_Amok_86 said:

I downloaded and started the game after it became free to play.  This trophy did take a while, but what I did was just play the weekly challenges and claim the items from doing them.  Got the trophy after a while, so its still easiily doable just takes a little time.

^ The same. I started the PS4 version when it went free-to-play. 50 items popped very early but 'Stocked' (the 150) took forever to pop. When my 150 trophy popped I had played 800+ online matches and claimed as many items as possible through levels, tournaments and challenges. In total it probably took about 200 hours or more.

rob25P.png

On 24/03/2022 at 2:09 PM, rob25P said:

^ The same. I started the PS4 version when it went free-to-play. 50 items popped very early but 'Stocked' (the 150) took forever to pop. When my 150 trophy popped I had played 800+ online matches and claimed as many items as possible through levels, tournaments and challenges. In total it probably took about 200 hours or more.

rob25P.png

Wow 200 hours is a lot.  On my end of year stats last year, Rocket League was one of my most played at around 80 hours.  But I did continue playing long after I got the plat just for fun, so I reckon it took me 50-60 hours total.

On 3/26/2022 at 7:09 PM, running_Amok_86 said:

Wow 200 hours is a lot.  On my end of year stats last year, Rocket League was one of my most played at around 80 hours.  But I did continue playing long after I got the plat just for fun, so I reckon it took me 50-60 hours total.

My actual match time was about 50 hours or so. The loading, waiting for tournaments, replays etc. add a huge amount to the time so I would say it took me about 200 hours over 4 months.

rob25P.png

• 1 year later...
On 21/08/2021 at 10:15 PM, MrVasi said:

Whilst this has undoubtedly become the most difficult trophy to get now the game is F2P, it's still possible without spending any money. Just got it now along with the Platinum, after some research on how to count your items. For anyone struggling with this, hopefully I can give you a little help towards getting this to pop.

JWILL225 on Reddit mentioned that a while ago the starting number for items was around 725 (including all those Common items like the flags). When I started playing the game 4 years ago, who knows what number I started with, but it was probably somewhere between that and 764, which is the number of all rarity items you start with as of today when counting all rarities in your inventory. I checked a couple of days ago and saw 874 items in my inventory, so perhaps either 874-725 =149 at best, or 874-764 = 110 items earned at worst - not taking into consideration any Blueprints, which the game doesn't count as items in the Inventory count at all, or any Traded in items (where you've got rid of 5 items from these numbers you can tally yourself, but gained 1 new item).

I got the trophy to pop when trading in 5 items for a new one, so can confirm the game is only looking for items 'acquired', rather than items still owned as many people can confirm when trading the same item between themselves to get this trophy. With Season challenges, Tournaments, and other free items to be gained now and then, it's probably more rewarding than ever to go for this trophy.

Tl;dr:

• A slower F2P now to earn online
  • Count items in Manage Inventory > Triangle over Sort by Rarity and add up all rarities
  • 6 months ago the count was ~725, currently 764 items for new players
  • So overall total needs to be about 875 to 914 items
  • Game only counts items earned, so can trade in 5 items for 1 new item (but will then make it harder for you to count!)
  • Blueprints are not counted in the Inventory number, although other users report these as counting for the trophy count
  • Enter 'popcorn' in the Code Entry in the options for a +1 if you already haven't!
  • Just keep playing!

Good luck to everyone F2P-ing the notorious Stocked Trophy!

I just added them up and I only have 587 items in total. I started back when the game used to be F2P. How can I figure out which ones aren't starter items?

Edited by Crusader-doubleZ