Trigger Happy trophy solved

Trophy is a bit finicky:

I tried the Kill only AI method.

Total at end of match was 115 AI kills and 55k star fighter damage and no trophy pop.

Used Republic Y-Wing, Yavin, Normal difficulty, Solo vs AI, Multi-Targeting Missles, Rotary Cannon, and the Mega Warhead (name isn't 100% correct but its something like that. It causes a MASSIVE explosion and will take out 3 - 4 tie's in one formation with one missile shot...also took out 3 turrets at once on the empire attack ship).

Will try the method exactly as explained above on Essels with A-wing and see if I can get it to pop tonight.

Edited by LC-50
For clarity, my original post was pretty poorly written.

5 hours ago, ROBOGEAR said:

Make sure you are only using your primary lasers (rotary cannon in your case) to kill players and AI. The damage from secondary weapons doesn't count, so don't waste effort/time using those 

Yeah, I realized that after I re-read the actual trophy description. Ended up doing one match last night with 121 AI kills and over 66k in star fighter damage only to realize that the trophy is for laser damage only...I'm an idiot.

Can confirm I got this with the above method. Ended with 54,000 Starfighter Damage.

Nadiri Dockyards, Solo VS AI, Easy.

A-Wing, Rapid Fire Cannon, everything else stock. Keep energy loaded into lasers.

Stay in the middle undercover bit and go for enemy players and smaller AI fighters. Only shot at the Star Destroyer right at the end but I’d already unlocked Trigger Happy by that point.

Slow your speed down to about 1/4 - 1/3 and just lay into enemies as they get stuck and caught on the environment.

On 10/25/2020 at 4:24 AM, mikeseddon said:

Can confirm nadiri dockyards is the easiest way to get this trophy,all enemy star fighters can freeze and not move,just fly round slowly picking them off,I used just the rotary cannon on the bomber

How many kills did you have to have to get this to pop? Did you do it on Easy or Normal?  I feel like I’ve tried every which way (A-Wing with rapids, Y-Wing with rotary, Esselles, Nadiri) and I can’t seem to get up to 50k.  This is the last trophy I need for the plat, so it’s super frustrating.

1 hour ago, mikeseddon said:

Think it was about 60 AI with no names,and 30 with names on normal,the AI with names take a lot more damage to kill,so boosts your damage up a bit more 

You’re saying either of those, or both in one match to get the 50k damage?

I’ve managed to get the I Know A Few Maneuvers trophy, beaten the campaign on Ace, and gotten my 1000 dogfight kills. This is the only trophy that still eludes me.

I have seen a lot of recommendations to go to Nadiri Dockyards in Fleet Battle vs. AI, and use either A-Wing with stock lasers or Y-Wing with rotary, and light up pilots in the middle area (where they tend to stutter/lag).

However, when I do this, the match never seems to last long enough for me to get the trophy. If its set to Easy, I think I need way more kills (maybe 40ish named AI) due to lower AI health, but my AI teammates take out the Star Destroyer before I can get there. On normal, I think I need fewer kills, but if I’m focusing on that and ignoring the objective, sometimes the enemy takes the MC75 down.

I haven’t really seen AI on either side get permanently stuck in the middle and bring the match to a standstill like some are suggesting.

Is there a foolproof way to keep the match going and get this in a Fleet Battle vs. AI?

You'll have to do both 30kills, and 60 AI kills roughly to get 50k damage.

I didn't find this very easy, even in a slower AI Fleet Battle, and I just got this a minute or two before my team won the match.

I did this on Nadiri Dockyards, mostly with Y-Wing rotary. BUT whilst the AI did get a bit stuck, the match still progressed faster than I would have liked.

I had to purposefully die to shift morale to the enemy in order to make the match last longer so I could get more kills. 

This took several tries, of really going for it, and constantly getting kills throughout a match, but it's doable. 

I didn't find a foolproof way, it's just easier against AI rather than real people. 

23 minutes ago, ROBOGEAR said:

You'll have to do both 30kills, and 60 AI kills roughly to get 50k damage.

I didn't find this very easy, even in a slower AI Fleet Battle, and I just got this a minute or two before my team won the match.

I did this on Nadiri Dockyards, mostly with Y-Wing rotary. BUT whilst the AI did get a bit stuck, the match still progressed faster than I would have liked.

I had to purposefully die to shift morale to the enemy in order to make the match last longer so I could get more kills. 

This took several tries, of really going for it, and constantly getting kills throughout a match, but it's doable. 

I didn't find a foolproof way, it's just easier against AI rather than real people. 

And you did this on Easy?

I managed to get this trophy yesterday.

I did it on Nadiri Dockyards; Easy, AI Fleet Battle with the A-Wing Rotary and everything else as standard.

What worked for me was when the imperials went on the attack first - this effectively gave me additional time instead of us attacking first and taking them out. If we attacked first, I would exit and start again.

Focus on the enemy squadron when they are attacking, switch to enemy AI when we are attacking.

My final kill count was: Enemy Squadron:33 Enemy AI:48.

Good luck, it took me about ~10 games to get it. Also, the trophy pops during the event, and not at the end when giving the match summary. This got me as I assumed it would be awarded once the match had been completed.

I managed to get it after a few more tries today. I did stock A-Wing, Nadiri Shipyards, Easy. I was much more aggressive about managing morale than before, and also had the Empire attack first.

I actually got it with time to spare, and ended up finishing with 47 kills, 1 assist, and 9 AI kills for a total of 65,895. So, somehow I went from not being able to crack 45k to blowing right past 50k and over 65k.

Anyone struggling, I would urge to keep trying on Nadiri. Work on managing morale to give you maximum time, and get comfortable hunting in the center section where ships get stuck and stutter.

Happy to have this platinum!

Edited by Tangy_Sauce
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After the most recent patch, nobody is going to be getting this on Easy mode. They made it (the battle, not the trophy) much less challenging, so your team will win it far too fast to be able to kill enough of the enemy squadron.

I’ve been trying on normal mode - I’m most at home in a Y-wing but just can’t get to the targets fast enough, (flying around slowly to pick off targets gets you killed rapidly on normal mode, then you have to fly all the way back to the targets) so I tried with the A-wing. Best attempt got me to only 44,000 (and I’m sure some of that damage would not have been valid). If the phase had shifted back to defense I would have got there, but my side took out the Star Destroyer unexpectedly. All other rounds, we lost before I could do it.

I’m wondering if it might be necessary to use friendly fire against the Corvette when winning to prolong the life of the game?

At the very least I have to forget about purely chasing the trophy damage and engage in some kind of actual tactical play to prevent losing.

I hate this trophy, can’t believe all the first posters described it as ‘easy’. Bah!

P.S. something I noticed was that all the enemy squadron seemed to have been shielded by their support ship, and if you believe the theory that damage on shields doesn’t count, I must have wasted a ton of time and shots hitting shields. I think I will try going for the dumb AI next time.

Also, if like me you don’t want your online level to be massively inflated by repeated attempts at this trophy, do it offline. You won’t earn any experience.

Edited by Darwock-UK

Oh, they also fixed the AI getting stuck with the same patch, so that’s why - everybody who got it before November 4th 2020 had an easier job.

I wonder if Nadiri is still the best place then, weaving around all those structures to get to the targets eats a lot of time. Anyone got any up-to-date advice for this? Last attempt I got to 46,660 on normal before my team wiped out the Star Destroyer. I haven’t tried killing my own Corvette yet.

I got it - switched to Esseles and initially felt that it was going better... I got 46,000 on my first try but after each subsequent attempt It seemed to be going worse and worse, so I went back to Nadiri. The winning round didn’t feel much different to any others, except for luck with not having any huge blank spots looking for the next target - there always seemed to be something close enough.

I only just scraped it with 50,845 and it pinged about 10 seconds before my flagship got destroyed. Took me by surprise as I was nowhere near the kill count that others have suggested you need (someone said around 45 named pilots? Someone else said 30 named and 60 dumb??). My final count was 28 kills, 9 assists and something like 7 AI kills. Possibly a more useful number is the amount of primary weapon hits needed - 1570 (although a small percentage of that was on a Raider, and probably hitting the Star Destroyer by mistake while aiming for TIEs in front of it, so the actual number should be smaller)

QPbKpKJ.jpg

(Badass looking picture)

Finally got it! 

I played Yavin on normal. Yavin was a lot easier than any of the other maps in my opinion since it's all open and super easy to find your next target.

Also, I would highly recommend playing on normal and not easy because the match will end way to soon on easy.

I got the trophy on my first try on normal, and it almost lasted the whole 30 minutes, so that should give you plenty of time. Of course, the outcome may be different for everyone, so even if you don't get it your first try don't get discouraged!

At the end I had 50,900 damage done, so I just barely scraped by.

My loadout was as follows:

(A-Wing)

Standard Laser Cannon

Repair Kit

Seeker Mine (Didn't use and don't recommend using)

Particle Burst

Standard Hull

Nimble Deflector

and Microthrust Engine

It's also important that you play as the New Republic because the Empire doesn't have shields (except their Support ship.)

This way half of your precious laser damage isn't wasted to shields.

I alternated between targeting the AI and Squads, or what was closest for me to shoot. Play aggressively for kills.

I hope all these tips help all of you!

Happy hunting!

@Rekinek

Edited by RedSkyKing
  • Like 3

I played on normal, easy just isn’t going to work for this trophy since they nerfed the difficulty in the patch.

I mostly used the A-wing (standard laser for range, with repair and stealth equipped) but switched to Y-wing (with rotary cannon and assault shield) when defending the MC-75 as there was no need to hunt them down, they flew directly into my fire.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does damaging the raiders count? I’d like to concentrate on starfighters, but my AI teammates are as much use as a chocolate teapot and we always end up losing the MC-75 if I ignore the objectives. It doesn’t help that my aim isn’t perfect either; sometimes it’ll take me a while to get the kill when the enemy suddenly swerves away (I don’t know whether you get more points for the kill or whether it’s better to just target someone else). At the moment I’m only averaging 38k damage with 20ish named kills and 10ish AI kills.

Another thing I’m struggling with is how to keep the kill momentum going when it’s our turn to attack the capital ship. I’ve tried targeting AI ships only which seemed to make the attack last slightly longer than when I was going near the ship to take on named players, but my teammates still end up dying quickly and losing our morale.

Even though the damage doesn’t seem to be much different by the end, I prefer Esseles and Nadiri to Yavin. On Yavin I feel like I’m just spending most of my time dodging missiles whereas I rarely get killed on the other two.

Damage on Raiders won’t count to the trophy, but you probably will need to take them out or lose the round as you say.

It’s probably a case of just waiting for that one lucky round where everything comes together - mine was a total nail biter and I very nearly lost it (twice). I did put a few hits in on the Raider myself, but as long as you’re killing AI at a fast enough rate to shift out of defense then your flagship would do that for you anyway. In practice the Raiders will kick the bejeezus out of your flagship, so land as many spare shots on them as you can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darwock-UK said:

Damage on Raiders won’t count to the trophy, but you probably will need to take them out or lose the round as you say.

It’s probably a case of just waiting for that one lucky round where everything comes together - mine was a total nail biter and I very nearly lost it (twice). I did put a few hits in on the Raider myself, but as long as you’re killing AI at a fast enough rate to shift out of defense then your flagship would do that for you anyway. In practice the Raiders will kick the bejeezus out of your flagship, so land as many spare shots on them as you can.

Yeah I just got 49k while only taking occasional shots at the raiders like usual and won the game, so I’m not sure why things went so well that time. Normally my teammates quickly lose our morale so it made a big difference when they were somehow managing to survive longer.

Just got 50,413 and no trophy pop, and I’m pretty sure I didn’t hit the raiders at all this time so there shouldn’t be any extra damage it’s counting. The tips have been helpful for increasing my average score to around 45k though, especially the one about targeting mainly the bombers. I’m a bit more optimistic now, it’s just annoying that you have to spend nearly half an hour on each attempt.

Edit:

Finally got it with 29 player and 26 AI kills on Nadiri. I still think it’s partly down to luck in terms of how well your team performs, and while you don’t want your team destroying the capital ship, it’s easier to control the game if the enemy side is performing worse. There were so many games I could’ve got 50k in had my team just managed to hold out a little longer. I didn’t even command my team to target the raiders this time and they still managed to get rid of them quickly when they rarely did on my other attempts, so I can’t really explain why that is.

The easiest stages to farm kills are the initial dogfight round (if the enemy team instantly won, which sometimes happened, I’d restart) and attacking or defending the frigates. I only targeted the squadron during these rounds, then switched to AI for attacking the capital ship where I mainly stayed in the cave/tunnel section. Nadiri does have debris which might annoy people but I found it often slows down starfighters and also gives you ways to avoid missiles if you run out of countermeasures.

I didn’t actually get many bomber kills that time, but getting as many shots in them as you can is what matters, and I also found targeting the Reapers helpful because they’re quite tanky too. These ships don’t show up on your targeting system too often though, probably because they take so long to travel from their capital ship after respawning, so keep going after the fighters and interceptors while you’re waiting.

Another suggestion is to have the targeting jammer as one of your auxiliarys so that you at least have another thing to use, since everything else apart from the repair kit isn’t helpful for this trophy. I also used the reflec hull for its passive stealth. It has less hull integrity but I don’t think it really matters since a-wings are weak anyway.

Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 1