Does anyone use help items, challenge items, or both?

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the green heart that appears next to your score if you had used a help item! I use the second and third red items when I'm playing a song I'm confident with (like when I was cleaning up all S songs on normal) they give free points and don't affect difficulty

I use the "Perfectionist" challenge item a lot to help get more diva points. I find it's easier than the other challenges because you can gain back life (and you get x4 the points).
I haven't really used the help items. I kinda like the challenge of beating a song because I can do it. That's just how I am though.

The song I use to get more points is World's End Dance Hall with the Perfectionist item on hard. I usually get about 70 000 DP each time (and I really like the song).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I almost always use perfectionist, there's no reason not to use it. If I fail with it, I'd fail without it too

Free DP :D

Not necessarily... Since Perfectionist also decreases Life Gauge through COOL and SAFE notes, you may not fail the song as you wouldn't suffer loss of energy without Perfectionist =D

I used pretty much both =D Help Items (namely Combo Safe) when I wanted to quickly finish 2 Hard songs that I failed before =D Or when I wanted to have Perfect on some songs (I did Perfect on Hard Stay With Me, I'm proud of that =D) and Perfectionist and Mega Survivor for Diva Point grinding.

Since it doesn't affect trophies, I don't see anything wrong with occasional use of Help Items =)

• 3 months later...

for me i just use challenge items mostly i recommend the perfection item which is the one that u have to get all cools or else u lose energy gauges. mostly u don't really have to worry about the item because if u just play like the item isn't really there then u will go by smoothly.

On Vita, I use Perfectionist on every song, even on Hard difficulties.  Once you've played the song a few times and know the little tricks (tempo changes or rapid-fire sequences), it's pretty easy to go with Perfectionist.

On PS3 I generally only use Perfectionist on Normal difficulty.  On Hard, I just can't seem to get the PS3 to work with Perfectionist when songs move fast.  The controller buttons are just too "mushy" causing me to frequently change between Cool and Good whenever it's going fast.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I need combo safeguard or other help items on almost every song and that's even though i'm only playing on normal.

Though i think that's because i seem to suck at Miku Hatsune. Still doesn't keep me from playing it though since i want to get better.

Only song i can manage to  beat with 3x diva points challenge item is Ashes to Ashes.