Glitched Murphy Challenge at 4095m (2020-10-29 Weekly Extreme)

Arkiokin

1 hour ago, Arkiokin said:

First moment (and this is always this moment I search to use) is NOT as soon as possible, but nearly just at the moment the pillar appears completely on the screen

I mostly start swiping down as soon as i see the spikes, nonetheless i dont know if you slide it down faster than me, because i do it actually pretty slow (i really take my time, i never rush it anymore) eventually we could 'end' the slide at the exact moment when it needs to be down, therefore both surpassing it

Its also possible I actually slide it down just as you say (pillar is almost entirely on the screen) but since my thumb is always over the screen, i dont 'see' the pillar, whilst it actually is the same

As y'all can see, even with us both being quite familiar with the same sections, we have our differences, we look at different things, at different moments (Arkiokin slides it down when he sees the pillar almost entirely, i 'see' the spikes in the front & start sliding it down, but its possible i unknowingly 'pause a very short time' before i slide it, which ends up the same as Arkiokin) this is why sections like this are so hard to learn, it really is about 'precision that you feel in your gut, NOW, not 10milliseconds earlier, not 10 later'

@Arkiokin great explanation by the way, once again you seem to amaze me on how deep your knowledge goes, kudos to you ?

17 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

I mostly start swiping down as soon as i see the spikes, nonetheless i dont know if you slide it down faster than me, because i do it actually pretty slow (i really take my time, i never rush it anymore) eventually we could 'end' the slide at the exact moment when it needs to be down, therefore both surpassing it

Its also possible I actually slide it down just as you say (pillar is almost entirely on the screen) but since my thumb is always over the screen, i dont 'see' the pillar, whilst it actually is the same

As y'all can see, even with us both being quite familiar with the same sections, we have our differences, we look at different things, at different moments (Arkiokin slides it down when he sees the pillar almost entirely, i 'see' the spikes in the front & start sliding it down, but its possible i unknowingly 'pause a very short time' before i slide it, which ends up the same as Arkiokin) this is why sections like this are so hard to learn, it really is about 'precision that you feel in your gut, NOW, not 10milliseconds earlier, not 10 later'

@Arkiokin great explanation by the way, once again you seem to amaze me on how deep your knowledge goes, kudos to you 1f44c.png

Thanks ;) But it's a pretty mysterious challenge in fact. 2 examples :

Long time ago, when I was a beginner on this game, the best player on this challlenge (binouze91, also one of the best all-round challenges player of all times) succeeded all his wind pillar phases (except alpha ones, which was also for him his death spot) by doing something strange : after having jump over the first pillar, he always pushed up this first pillar in order to give "more speed" to the character (reality or superstition I don't know in fact). So he didn't push up the pillar when the character was above it but after he had leaved it : he didn't knew, it was more easy to simple low down the first pillar as soon as possible, but it seems (even if I never tested his technic), and as strange as it could it be (no real logic), doing his technic was always efficient to pass normal "pillars in the wind" phases. 

A bit later, zender777 (who was the first player who reached the 20km spot in this type of challenge, a few weeks before me), made several runs, and even in the same challenge, where he was able to succeed several times at least 6 alphas. At this time, it was a real exploit for me, since I needed to be more than fortunate to do the same thing. I don't know which technic he found to be able to do that, but when I have seen that, I improved my "alpha technic" approach and I analysed a bit further this path : thanks to him, I elaborated the move of the horizontal platform and also the ability to succeed an alpha even if I stumbled on it (before that it meant death for me, but I thought it was not necessarily the case if someone was able to pass as many alphas several times : the probability to never stumble was too low to explain that)

Anyway, this weekly challenge seems to be very fortunate for new players ! An absolute record, incredible !! I will edit the OP with the list of all players who reached the 4095 glitched point one day!! (just to copy an up to date list I made in the other topic) And for the moment everyone play the game with rayman : Thanks everyone :)

Edited by Arkiokin

Man, I keep stumbling at 1800 and half of the times at the normal pillars at 1500. I don't even know why.

Maybe someone can help me out? What does "an uncontrolled swipe" mean? I guess that's what happens, because I don't think I'm swiping "too" late. 

After many hours, I'm stuck at practically the same the score I got at my first try. Maybe I'm simply not good enough to ever do this.

Edit: ok so. I wrote this. Then I tried again. And I passed the beta section! Reached 1970+ m! Still, don't know why it worked now

Edited by shiru__desu

27 minutes ago, shiru__desu said:

Man, I keep stumbling at 1800 and half of the times at the normal pillars at 1500. I don't even know why.

Maybe someone can help me out? What does "an uncontrolled swipe" mean? I guess that's what happens, because I don't think I'm swiping "too" late. 

After many hours, I'm stuck at practically the same the score I got at my first try. Maybe I'm simply not good enough to ever do this.

Edit: ok so. I wrote this. Then I tried again. And I passed the beta section! Reached 1970+ m! Still, don't know why it worked now

If you low down the first pillar enough soon (and you have "a lot of time" to do that for a normal pillar phase when you anticipate correctly, and less time in a beta section but when you know you have to do that as soon as possible you can, also there, make a good anticipation) well, everything works like a charm. However, don't be too stressed : low down the pillar in a straight way but calmly, don't low down in a "hateful" / too fast movement, otherwise your pillar shoul do a sort of rebound on the top. Looking carefully the full videos on OP should help you to see how to low down a first pillar with no stress ^^ (in this case also, playing with rayman gives a sensation of lightness that could help a lot to succeed this path)

Edited by Arkiokin

16 minutes ago, Arkiokin said:

If you low down the first pillar enough soon (and you have "a lot of time" to do that for a normal pillar phase when you anticipate correctly, and less time in a beta section but when you know you have to do that as soon as possible you can, also there, make a good anticipation) well, everything works like a charm. However, don't be too stressed : low down the pillar in a straight way but calmly, don't low down in a "hateful" / too fast movement, otherwise your pillar shoul do a sort of rebound on the top. Looking carefully the full videos on OP should help you to see how to low down a first pillar with no stress ^^ (in this case also, playing with rayman gives a sensation of lightness that could help a lot to succeed this path)

Yeah, *calmly*, that was it, I did it again. It had worked the first time because I was discouraged and my finger moved slowlier. I tried that again and it worked. Thank you!!

@shiru__desu yeah, move it slowly

Thats what I'm trying to explain on my tutorial video, to show it 'on screen' its impossible to notice because such 'hop' is too subtle to see it, if you really struggle you can turn up the volume of your vita because u can 'hear' that hop (sounds like a tchik-tchik at the end) but if you focus too much on that... Well by the time u realise 'oh damn it hopped, gotta pull up 1 & 2 for 40%' then most of the time u'r already pretty much too late & dead, i honestly don't even remember when i succeeded my last hopped/stumbled pillar wind just because i put my entire focus on 'doing the swipe correct'

Do anything in your power to do that swipe good, don't think or worry about anything else, always think ahead 'i must be prepared to do that swipe immediately' to the point that it feels like the most important thing in your entire life

Do it calm, touch the screen firmly, dont try to push your finger through it... But also not like ur finger is a feather, touch it, swipe it vertically down, let loose, dont rush it, dont do 734 small & fast up & down strokes, just 1 single, vertical, distinct slide down

If you start having sweaty fingers, or get shaky, or stress out, it will go wrong, then its better to take a break

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the great tips, I'm slowly mastering the sections.

Just got a 3598m, so I guess it's just a matter of time reaching the Alpha.

Now I'm doing Betas and killing fireballs much more consistently.

Adrua tip for Rayman cutting the rope was amazing, I always tried to cut the rope at the exact distance for it to fall haha (sometimes it was before the castle window, resulting in a death).

I hope I'll finally be able to pull an Alpha, as in other tries months ago I couldn't hit the timing correctly.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Thanks guys for the great tips, I'm slowly mastering the sections.

Just got a 3598m, so I guess it's just a matter of time reaching the Alpha.

Now I'm doing Betas and killing fireballs much more consistently.

Adrua tip for Rayman cutting the rope was amazing, I always tried to cut the rope at the exact distance for it to fall haha (sometimes it was before the castle window, resulting in a death).

I hope I'll finally be able to pull an Alpha, as in other tries months ago I couldn't hit the timing correctly.

Well done !! you can also notice that the tip for cutting the rope at the right timing (with the background window) is also highly recommended when using another character ^^ (strangely this timing is different on the touchscreen version of this challenge on wiiU).

Be also careful : the fireball section after the alpha is also another trap at the very end : it's a pity to die after have finally succeeded an alpha. However, and in a very surprising way, a lot of players now have finished this challenge : it's more than a record to have more than 10 tie scores (and even when there was 2500 players on a challenge, I'm pretty sure there never were 10 players who suceeded at least one alpha in a run). So, it seems this challenge has a lucky charm or it's a prove that working a bit harder specificallly on a challenge is not a loss of time.

Edited by Arkiokin

3 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

Well done !! you can also notice that the tip for cutting the rope at the right timing (with the background window) is also highly recommended when using another character ^^ (strangely this timing is different on the touchscreen version of this challenge on wiiU).

Be also careful : the fireball section after the alpha is also another trap at the very end : it's a pity to die after have finally succeeded an alpha. However, and in a very surprising way, a lot of players now have finished this challenge : it's more than a record to have more than 10 tie scores (and even when there was 2500 players on a challenge, I'm pretty sure there never were 10 players who suceeded at least one alpha in a run). So, it seems this challenge has a lucky charm or it's a prove that working a bit harder specificallly on a challenge is not a loss of time.

I did it, reached the end with Rayman.

I hope a lot nobody reaches with the Princess because there are like 15 players currently dividing the Diamond.

There's a bizarre thing that happened at the Alpha:

I was sweating a lot due to being nervous and I completely forgot it was the Alpha, so I forgot to raise the pillar when Rayman landed. Immediately, I've though: "Oh my god, I screwed up another run. I'm dead". But I didn't die, Rayman simply jumped like it wasn't an Alpha.

WTF happened?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

I hope a lot nobody reaches with the Princess because there are like 15 players currently dividing the Diamond.

I was sweating a lot due to being nervous and I completely forgot it was the Alpha, so I forgot to raise the pillar when Rayman landed. Immediately, I've though: "Oh my god, I screwed up another run. I'm dead". But I didn't die, Rayman simply jumped like it wasn't an Alpha.

WTF happened?

Well, this is finally a possible mid-desactivated alpha (I've tested it with no success 2 times, but it doesn't mean it is 100% with no need of push up first pillar to make gain speed to the character) : this could be a good explanation why so many players reached the goal : the luck was here without doubt! Anyway, congrats for this accomplishment. And the OP is modified with your name ;)

12 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

WTF happened?

I wrote about that in one of my previous posts (yeah i get it, with about 20 different posts with 20 different tips & strats about different sections its hard to read back)

Simply said you were lucky on it not desactivating (Arkiokin says its around 1 chance in 4 with rayman) well, can't entirely blame it on 'luck' as you need a good chunk of skills & knowhow just to even get there, so congrats to you ??

I hope nobody like Remco (V or Rascal, he's both) goes to 4095,43m, i havent seen him in the leaderboards yet so i guess he didn't play yet (although with now 10+ 1sts the leaderboard always shows different names) but even if he plays he'll probably do ,36m as well (he did the same before)

Still, if someone ends up with ,43m, then you'll still get a diamond as long as 'spot #x = x00 players' has 4095,36m (with the x's being the same number) then everyone still gets a diamond with 4095,36m

• Like 1

@shiru__desu now?

sigh, apparently Remco did do 4095,43m with both his account, I wonder why

He's gonna end up with alot of hatemail i suppose (thats entirely justified if you ask me)

We gotta hope it gets up to 300 players, and that nobody else gets it into his head to do 4095,43m as well, i can see the challenge getting 300, but it wont get 400 players

Otherwise, if someone else also does 4095,43m, then im afraid everybody will have to do it with princesses instead of rayman

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AdruA_ said:

@shiru__desu now?

sigh, apparently Remco did do 4095,43m with both his account, I wonder why

He's gonna end up with alot of hatemail i suppose (thats entirely justified if you ask me)

We gotta hope it gets up to 300 players, and that nobody else gets it into his head to do 4095,43m as well, i can see the challenge getting 300, but it wont get 400 players

Otherwise, if someone else also does 4095,43m, then im afraid everybody will have to do it with princesses instead of rayman

His behaviour is totally unbelievable !! It's pretty unlikely there were more than 300 players now...But why he waited so long to do this score after more than 12 new players play the game fairly with rayman ? why he used ALSO his second account to do this stupid thing ? I'm VERY disappointed of his behaviour...Clearly he broke voluntarily the rules and obviously some afraid players will not wait the last minutes to try to reach the 4095.43 point, and so many others will not reach this point again, I'm afraid so...

Anyway, it will be the last time he will gain a diamond on a non glitch murfy's challenge : I will always beat hime for all the next challenges (even if i have to use my second account too)

But, for players who will not gain a diamond despite their great efforts, I have the solution to help them anyway at the last day if they are no hope to gain one without a princess : if you are enough confident to me, give me your account for a few minutes, and I will do this 4095.43m for you : just after that change your password .

Edited by Arkiokin
  • Like 2

A third player has now done it too. So discouraging. I've already resigned myself to waiting for the next <1000m glitch, although I realize the servers may close before it comes up again.

Guess that's what I get for not playing when there were several hundred participants for every challenge.

Yup, a dude named Vergil or something, also went to 4095,43m, so i see no possibility in getting a diamond cup without using a princess

This is what makes it so stupidly annoying, pretty all of the ways we try to make gaining a diamond cup a tad easier, stuff like this happens

Well, seems like i'll have to re-do my 'end 2019'  'you messed up so i'll mess you up instead' in the oncoming... Lets say 5 months of murfy distances

Usually i stop at 9999m just because going higher doesn't grant a diamond anymore (besides somehow i always end up unlucky & golds after 10km, dunno why, but if i look at 5 other players going over in different challenges then 4 get still a diamond with +10km, if i end up there,... Well, i've gone over 7 or 8x this year, and didnt get 3 ?) but now my tactics are different: i dont care what i get, but you will definitely get a gold, so Remco better watches out ?

• Like 1

Well, I did mention this in the beginning.

On 29/10/2020 at 2:47 PM, Jekainden said:

To be honest, given the history, I would just advise to play as a Princess from the beginning while it's still early. Worst thing that can happen is that on the final day after everyone gets their score as Rayman, someone, somewhere decides to use a Princess and everyone has to redo the challenge as a Princess.

Thank you for this update @Arkiokin, much appreciated.

At least it isn't the final day.

I opened a gaming session days ago to see if more players can join but I think it's pointless now.

In my experience, not all players collaborate when it comes to gaming situations like this in general despite everyone being able to get the trophy (somewhat) easily if we all work together.

user38345 is my alt account. Since I saw everyone using Rayman, I thought "I'll use Rayman too, of course because I don't want to ruin it for anyone going through the same situation I was in.", instead of using a Princess which I was planning to do. And I had some hope since @Arkiokin did explain last time players actually listened and used Rayman.

I truly wish good luck to everyone.

Oh man, that's sad. Well I'll try with the Princess, who knows if I get lucky and good.

Really thought I'd have the plat this time, it's a shame Remco cock-blocked 15 players.

Regarding the differences to the princess gameplay, what are the main characteristics?

The death jump glitch?

And about the Alphas, I guess she doesn't have the 1/4 chance of not deactivating, right?

45 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Regarding the differences to the princess gameplay, what are the main characteristics?

I think there are two major differences.

1. Pricess moves slower horizontally. So for Beta, you don't really have to pull to your right as hard as you play as Rayman. Just pull it at a regular speed and it will be fine.

Also, for the mechanics like the one at 26xxm, you have to pull the ring to your right really slow so that Rayman does not overspeed. However, as a princess, you have to pull at a regular speed, or your princess will be too slow to pass the next mechanic.

2. The rope-sliding areas. As Rayman, you have to cut the point at the right side of the gate in background. Either too left or too right you will die.

However, as a princess, you can either cut where you cut as Rayman, or slightly to the left. As a princess, you have two valid cut points, compared to Rayman, where you have only one. 

45 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

And about the Alphas, I guess she doesn't have the 1/4 chance of not deactivating, right?

According to my own experience, I think using a princess will give you more “normal” Alpha than “desactivated” Alpha. I tried about thirty times, as both Rayman and princess. As Rayman, I got more “desactivated” than “normal” Alpha.

In sum, I think it is much easier to get to 4095 this time, by using a princess than using Rayman.

7 minutes ago, ChenZheCHN said:

I think there are two major differences.

1. Pricess moves slower horizontally. So for Beta, you don't really have to pull to your right as hard as you play as Rayman. Just pull it at a regular speed and it will be fine.

Also, for the mechanics like the one at 26xxm, you have to pull the ring to your right really slow so that Rayman does not overspeed. However, as a princess, you have to pull at a regular speed, or your princess will be too slow to pass the next mechanic.

2. The rope-sliding areas. As Rayman, you have to cut the point at the right side of the gate in background. Either too left or too right you will die.

However, as a princess, you can either cut where you cut as Rayman, or slightly to the left. As a princess, you have two valid cut points, compared to Rayman, where you have only one. 

According to my own experience, I think using a princess will give you more “normal” Alpha than “desactivated” Alpha. I tried about thirty times, as both Rayman and princess. As Rayman, I got more “desactivated” than “normal” Alpha.

In sum, I think it is much easier to get to 4095 this time, by using a princess than using Rayman.

Thanks for the tips.

I'm dying a lot at 2583m.

There's a ring section before a Beta. I'm always dying at the 3rd vertical pillar.

So I guess I should carry more speed from the ring section right?

Ok, so for the princess I'll guess I'll have to learn the Alpha properly haha, getting lucky as I got as Rayman won't suffice.

I'm so pissed because I thought I had guaranteed the plat this time, but I'll keep trying. I'm currently being moved by the power of hatred lol, that Remco guy was total an a-hole.

Edited by EdinhoN

8 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

I'm dying a lot at 2583m.

If you are using a princess and dies a lot after the ring section around 2600m (I can't remember the exact distance but that's probably it), it's probably the one I said above.

There's a ring section before a Beta. I'm always dying at the 3rd vertical pillar.

I don't remember a ring section there. But if you die a lot as princess after ring sections, it worths trying.

I forgot to say that, since princess moves slower horizontally, I recommend you click on both fireballs when she pass through two rows of fireballs. It is easier for her to bump into one of fireballs than Rayman. But overall I would still say that Princess is much easier than Rayman in this week's challenge.

Sorry I made a mistake.

I used wrong terms. What I meant was:

According to my own experience, I think using a princess will give you more “normal” Alpha than “stumbled” Alpha. I tried about thirty times, as both Rayman and princess. As Rayman, I got more “stumbled” than “normal” Alpha.

I don't know what a “desactivated” Alpha is, since there are only two kinds of Alpha (normal and stumbled) in Adrua’s guide video.

Edited by ChenZheCHN

9 minutes ago, ChenZheCHN said:

If you are using a princess and dies a lot after the ring section around 2600m (I can't remember the exact distance but that's probably it), it's probably the one I said above.

I always die there, too. But I don't think I understand... Do you mean you have to pull the third pillar faster?

19 minutes ago, shiru__desu said:

I always die there, too. But I don't think I understand... Do you mean you have to pull the third pillar faster?

I died there 5 times in a row trying slightly different timings, no luck. Always dying at the 4th pillar. Dunno what I'm doing wrong, it was easy to pass as Rayman through there.

My bad guys, I confused what I told ChenZen.

There's only a cut the rope section followed by those 4 pillars, so there's no room to carry more speed from a ring or whatever.

Should we use the alpha technique there?

23 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

I died there 5 times in a row trying slightly different timings, no luck. Always dying at the 4th pillar. Dunno what I'm doing wrong, it was easy to pass as Rayman through there.

My bad guys, I confused what I told ChenZen.

There's only a cut the rope section followed by those 4 pillars, so there's no room to carry more speed from a ring or whatever.

Should we use the alpha technique there?

I made a really bad video of The Death so maybe someone can point what to do here

https://youtu.be/6HNVlJM5dhY

Maybe we really have to use the alpha technique?

Ok, yeah, the alpha technique works perfectly!! Just use it and it will work

Edited by shiru__desu