Glitched Murphy Challenge at 4095m (2020-10-29 Weekly Extreme)

Arkiokin

21 hours ago, shiru__desu said:

I made a really bad video of The Death so maybe someone can point what to do here

https://youtu.be/6HNVlJM5dhY

Maybe we really have to use the alpha technique?

My suggestion is to lower the 1st pillar sooner, and the 3rd pillar later (after the princess began falling after jumping from the 1st pillar).

I recorded a video at https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1at4y1e7Y9/ (finally! I can record a video with princess and don't mess up other players) and am uploading it. You can use it as a reference later.

Edited by ChenZheCHN

15 minutes ago, ChenZheCHN said:

My suggestion is to lower the 1st pillar sooner, and the 3rd pillar later (after the princess began falling after jumping from the 1st pillar).

I recorded a video (finally! I can record a video with princess and don't mess up other players) and am uploading it. You can use it as a reference later.

Ok, I'll try that. Thank you for the video!

37 minutes ago, shiru__desu said:

I made a really bad video of The Death so maybe someone can point what to do here

https://youtu.be/6HNVlJM5dhY

Maybe we really have to use the alpha technique?

Ok, yeah, the alpha technique works perfectly!! Just use it and it will work

The push-up technique is not mandatory here : just low down the 4th pillar much more later (after have pass the fireballs when the character fall down)

4 hours ago, Jekainden said:

Well, I did mention this in the beginning.

At least it isn't the final day.

I opened a gaming session days ago to see if more players can join but I think it's pointless now.

In my experience, not all players collaborate when it comes to gaming situations like this in general despite everyone being able to get the trophy (somewhat) easily if we all work together.

user38345 is my alt account. Since I saw everyone using Rayman, I thought "I'll use Rayman too, of course because I don't want to ruin it for anyone going through the same situation I was in.", instead of using a Princess which I was planning to do. And I had some hope since @Arkiokin did explain last time players actually listened and used Rayman.

I truly wish good luck to everyone.

Yes, I'm sorry :( this dude's behaviour is totally stupid (not to reach one 4095.43 score but twice this score with a second totally useless account : it's clearly a bad mentality, as he usually play with globox, he had to change his character to this challenge so he knew what he did... and it's all the more strange, since the last time he played the game, playing with rayman)

But it was the very first time so many players reached the glitched point : the most we saw until there was just 4 new players using a princess, and we had this time at least 11 new players using rayman, so I think it was not a so bad idea to use an easier character. Now, players who reached 4095.36 have much more chances to reach also 4095.43, since they practiced much more on difficulties paths : they were less discouraged too soon.

Don't also forget I can help at any moment to reach this distance for you if needed ! (contact me in PM if you previously reached 4095.36 and are not able to reach 4095.43)

1 hour ago, ChenZheCHN said:

According to my own experience, I think using a princess will give you more “normal” Alpha than “stumbled” Alpha. I tried about thirty times, as both Rayman and princess. As Rayman, I got more “stumbled” than “normal” Alpha.

I don't know what a “desactivated” Alpha is, since there are only two kinds of Alpha (normal and stumbled) in Adrua’s guide video.

No sorry, you're wrong, stumble or not stumble on the 1st pillar on an alpha don't depend at all the character you use (and im my case it's thousand of tries to say that : it's statistically the same, only depending the moment where you low down this vertical pillar). But indeed, and even if you don't know exactly what it means an alpha should be desactivated with a character and not with another (even if in general all alpha are desactivated "pillar in the wind phases" )

The main problem of using a princess is the glitch that can occur on the patch with the jump onto the ennemy and the 2 rings : 

Again look carefully the 2 videos on OP/1st page (especially the tutorial video)

Edited by Arkiokin
  • Like 1

Hi everyone. I’ve uploaded a video, playing as princess, at https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1at4y1e7Y9/

As I said above, since princess moves slower horizontally and thus is easier to bump into fireballs, I always click on both fireballs in all fireball sections.

I made a serious mistake at 3280m but luckily got it fixed. Hope you find the video helpful.

Edited by ChenZheCHN

10 minutes ago, Arkiokin said:

No sorry, you're wrong, stumble or not stumble on the 1st pillar on an alpha don't depend at all the character you use (and im my case it's thousand of tries to say that : it's statistically the same, only depending the moment where you low down this vertical pillar).

Hi Arkiokin, thank you for pointing that out. Your experince of thousands of times is definitly better than mine. It’s good to know that it actually depends on something, not completely random.

10 minutes ago, Arkiokin said:

The main problem of using a princess is the glitch that can occur on the patch with the jump onto the ennemy and the 2 rings : 

Again look carefully the 2 videos on OP/1st page (especially the tutorial video)

Never realized that you edited the OP. I’ll check them later. Thanks again!

8 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

Yup, a dude named Vergil or something, also went to 4095,43m, so i see no possibility in getting a diamond cup without using a princess

Just to mention that : this player (VvEeRrGgliLI) deserve to have doing that : he first made 4095.24 and didn't know how changed his character inside a murfy's challenge (so I helped him for that) and played "the game" after with rayman : playing a third 4095 challenge is a nice performance, since, not so long ago, he did a PB over 6000m (7000m ?) and deserved to gain a diamond that time...before Remco "stoled" it few minutes before the end of the challenge : I suppose be stolen another time was not an option : congrats to him, that's it^^

Anyway, that 4095.43 seems not so a big problem after have succeed first another 4095 run. Good point !!

Btw, I understood why so many players succeeded this alpha (thanks to shiru__desu) : this alpha is NOt desactivated, so the pillar in the wind phase doesn't need a push up of the first pillar to be succeeded. The only problem remains the "stumble" event : So "no stumble" = normal pillar in the wind phase, and stumble means death or usual advanced technique. Why, I first thought it was desactivated ? well, it's because I used my (our) usual "hang on the horizontal platform" technique !! Without that, it seems the character has a bit more speed to not be stopped by the 3rd pillar (I tested it with a teensie, which is btw, the real difficult character of this type of challenge : I like use it time to time ^^). Obviously, push up the 1st pillar correctly lead to succeed 100% of the alphas (if no stumble) and don't do that each time, lead to death 90% of time, even without hang on the horizontal platform, but in this case it also works without this famous push up : luckily this time this alpha was accessible without too much skills, good discover for future tests on the next 4095 challenges and to explain for future players !! :) 

@Arkiokin well i was just talking about Vergil also going 4095,43m, i dont blame him for anything though, i was just saying 'with a 3rd ,43m you definitely wont get diamond anymore with ,36m', just saying his name because well... He was the '3rd'

Its a horrible move that Remco did, although I think he must know by now he shouldn't do that again in the future (apparently we both 'made sure' about that ?)

@ChenZheCHN in my video i basically talk about alpha's being 'normal' or 'stumbled' because I honestly didn't know then that alpha's are actually the same as 'desactivated' pillar winds, basically i call it 'the alpha strategy' which you would do on desactivations as well, whilst its actually the other way around (you do the 'desactivated strategy' on alpha's, i only called it 'alpha strategy')

Well, with knowing the alpha isn't really keen on desactivating this makes the challenge waaaay more easier to do, so for the people having reached ,36m i would strongly recommend to replay it, really, u've done 4095m before, u got the skills, dont let that experience that you gained be in vain just because someone *cough* Remco *cough* did a horrible move

1 hour ago, AdruA_ said:

@Arkiokin well i was just talking about Vergil also going 4095,43m, i dont blame him for anything though, i was just saying 'with a 3rd ,43m you definitely wont get diamond anymore with ,36m', just saying his name because well... He was the '3rd'

Its a horrible move that Remco did, although I think he must know by now he shouldn't do that again in the future (apparently we both 'made sure' about that ?)

@ChenZheCHN in my video i basically talk about alpha's being 'normal' or 'stumbled' because I honestly didn't know then that alpha's are actually the same as 'desactivated' pillar winds, basically i call it 'the alpha strategy' which you would do on desactivations as well, whilst its actually the other way around (you do the 'desactivated strategy' on alpha's, i only called it 'alpha strategy')

Well, with knowing the alpha isn't really keen on desactivating this makes the challenge waaaay more easier to do, so for the people having reached ,36m i would strongly recommend to replay it, really, u've done 4095m before, u got the skills, dont let that experience that you gained be in vain just because someone *cough* Remco *cough* did a horrible move

That's great to hear.

So, as this Alpha is not deactivated, it's better not to do the bump upwards?

In case I don't stumble, what's the best timing for the 3rd and 4th pillars?

Pull them down when the princess is falling? Or as soon as they appear on screen?

8 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

That's great to hear.

So, as this Alpha is not deactivated, it's better not to do the bump upwards?

In case I don't stumble, what's the best timing for the 3rd and 4th pillars?

Pull them down when the princess is falling? Or as soon as they appear on screen?

It's supposedly when the princess has started falling, yes. What I did for pillars 3 and 4 was simply "stop" myself for a moment before pulling them. So I didn't focus on "when should I do it" but on "I should wait a little". Since you seem to have the same timing as me, thinking about it this way may work for you.

@EdinhoN usually i pull them down (like in my tutorial) as she is falling, that is kinda at the moment 'she doesnt go up anymore from her jump, but is losing height again'

Idk, back in the day i'd say it has some rhythm to it, like i use exactly the same amount of time between pillars 1-3 as i do between 3-4

Nowadays it became some sort of automatic response (dont get me wrong, im not saying im a godlike pro, i still die at them sometimes, i just dont 'bother' or worry when i die) so i cant really say anymore if it sounds logical or not, but it doesn't harm to try it i suppose

Just for further informations, in my personal case, I am only very careful about the rythm to low down the 4rd pillar : I never die on the spikes of this pillar, BUT I often have another problem (too often in my mind, even if it's not so much in reality, but it's the 2nd reason I could die after the alpha problem) : if the lowering is not correctly executed in the right timing, my character will sometimes stumble on the rim of the beginning of the nex path just after : depending which path it is, it's death 80% of time (the character is projected further in the void or in the spikes of the next path). The right timing to avoid that at 100% is only to low down the 4rd pillar at the very very last moment (just at the moment the character will touch the spikes of the 4rd pillar) : so it's also very risky at the beginning of the employement of this technique to not die against the 4rd pillar. Fortunately I now only die if I low down a bit sooner, so after that because of a "stumble", never again when i low down a bit later.

Anyway, don't take into account my "suicid bomber" method for this challenge, and don't clutter your brain with this potential problem : you will sucess without knowing that ;) : just pull down when the character is falling down (it's more a problem when you have dozen of pillar in the wind phase to succeed in a single run, but not for only some)

Edited by Arkiokin

Got it done again with the Princess guys!

Thanks for the tips!

Spent many hours during the afternoon failing at the Alpha, went to the hospital because I'm a bit sick, and now on my 2nd try I did it haha.

I can't believe that in my first try I failed at 3993m because I missed a rope cut of a spike, controlled my nerves and did it again.

Edited by EdinhoN
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

Hi Arkiokin, I checked your tutorial video. Do you mean the glitch in Sigma phase, which could be solved by missing the first ring on purpose?

9 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

Btw, I understood why so many players succeeded this alpha (thanks to shiru__desu) : this alpha is NOt desactivated, so the pillar in the wind phase doesn't need a push up of the first pillar to be succeeded. The only problem remains the "stumble" event : So "no stumble" = normal pillar in the wind phase, and stumble means death or usual advanced technique. Why, I first thought it was desactivated ? well, it's because I used my (our) usual "hang on the horizontal platform" technique !! Without that, it seems the character has a bit more speed to not be stopped by the 3rd pillar (I tested it with a teensie, which is btw, the real difficult character of this type of challenge : I like use it time to time ^^). Obviously, push up the 1st pillar correctly lead to succeed 100% of the alphas (if no stumble) and don't do that each time, lead to death 90% of time, even without hang on the horizontal platform, but in this case it also works without this famous push up : luckily this time this alpha was accessible without too much skills, good discover for future tests on the next 4095 challenges and to explain for future players !! :) 

I’m confused. Sorry I’m not good at English. Do you mean that we don’t have to hang on the horizontal platform before the pillars in the wind?

Edited by ChenZheCHN

52 minutes ago, Ellieeeeeaeeeeee said:

Hi, I have the game, but havent played yet. (played a little bit of Origin) Can I still able to try to get this trophy? Is there anything to prepare? Please let me know. Thank you!

The challenge resets in less than 48 hours, also of you didnt start yet you'd still need to play a handful of the games' story to reach awesomeness 5 or 7 (i dont remember anymore) + u'd need to learn some really hard stuff, if i were you, i wouldnt try it on this challenge anymore

10 hours ago, Ellieeeeeaeeeeee said:

Hi, I have the game, but havent played yet. (played a little bit of Origin) Can I still able to try to get this trophy? Is there anything to prepare? Please let me know. Thank you!

Probably not. There was an even easier 4095m challenge in March.

I bought the game and when I reached level 7 (took me a few days even though it's only 3 or 4 hours of gameplay, I'd estimate), there was only 3 days left for the challenge.

My skills didn't improve in time to get it done.

This week's challenge is a bit harder than March weekly one, so if you're interested in this game, start playing now and begin collecting cups to reach level 11 of awesomeness (it will take from 3 to 6 months of daily 10~15 minutes of gameplay anyway).

When the next glitched challenge arrives, you'll be prepared.

21 hours ago, ChenZheCHN said:

Hi Arkiokin, I checked your tutorial video. Do you mean the glitch in Sigma phase, which could be solved by missing the first ring on purpose?

Yes, it's exactly that ;) 

btw, with AdruA it seems we have not exactly the same definition on what is a "sigma" : I primarily defined this phase by a combination of the path with the ennemy + the pillars in the wind phase, not only the path with the ennemy, or not only this path with the princess specifically.

With a "pillars in the wind" phase just after, the time to lower correctly the 1st pillar is similar to the time you need on a beta phase : one of the 2 faster timing on the game before your character stumble :) this is why I first gave a name to this path since a majority of players died there, like it is on a beta phase

You should also notice this path with the ennemy and the 2 rings is the one that is an enormous problem if you play with a teensie : it's pretty impossible to succeed it if you catch the 2 rings (since the teensie will not jump onto the ennemy or very randomly if you move very carefully the 2nd ring) so the only method to succeed this path with a teensie is to miss/avoid the first ring (so its behaviour on the 2nd ring will then change like you know) : when I discover this technique, I then applied it for the princess to be sure to avoid her lack of speed if she takes the 2 rings ;) 

To finish talking about princess character on this type of challenge : sometimes (luckily very rarely) she can have an instant death : without any reason, at a particular point, a totally safe point, she will explode !! she is the only character (as far as I know, as I had not played a lot with a teensie of course) where this glitch should occur on this challenge : the instant death glitch occurs time to time for all characters on towers (at high distances), and will always occur on pits if you don't take care after a certain distance, and with some specific paths (not before 67km though) : So for players who really want to go further on this challenge, like be part of the "heroes" who reached 20km+ one day (only 6 players until now), using this character is totally not recommended at all !!

21 hours ago, ChenZheCHN said:

I’m confused. Sorry I’m not good at English. Do you mean that we don’t have to hang on the horizontal platform before the pillars in the wind?

I'm not so good either in english too, don't worry ^^"

And what I mean is simple : on this particular "alpha", yes you don't have to hang on the horizontal platform before the pillars, I should say rather : you must not hang on this platform if you don't want, or are not able to, push up the first pillar if the character don't stumble on it (it's like a simple pillar in the wind phase, again if you don't stumble). EDIT : however, don't push up the 1st pillar is a risky bet, since even with don't hang on the platform you should have not enough speed to not die on the 3rd pillar : push up lead to 100% of success ;) (your video is cool btw)

One more time : hang on the horizontal platform allow to have more time to see the good moment to lower correctly the 1st pillar, but that's provide no more advantage than that. In this case, it even seems that hang on the platform give less speed to your character, so, and even if he don't stumble on it, he will die on the 3rd pillar. However, when you have to make long runs, you can't know/test if an alpha is not desactivated, and in general they are 75% desactivated, so in general you have to push up the 1st pillar, so in general, you have to search to have a bit more time to prepare yourself to do that, so in general you hang on the horizontal platform : that's it ;) 

More than that, when you don't know which type of path is after this horizontal platform, it's very recommended to hang on it, because not only for pillars in the wind, but also for fire-eyes, if you hang on this platform, the configuration of the fireballs will be much more easier to success (I'd rather say you will probably not die even if you are not able to kill all the fireballs, whereas if you hadn't hang on before you have to kill ALL the fireballs)

Edited by Arkiokin

12 hours ago, Ellieeeeeaeeeeee said:

You need to reach level 7, that means gain at least 800 points for that ((among the 4 challenges : 2 daily and 2 weekly, it's the one which need the more points). When you finish at 100% a normal level (not online) you can have, at max, 32 points : so you need to finish at least 26 levels at 100% to gain enough points. If you have missed some teensies (even only one)  inside them of didn't catched the enough quantity of lums, you will rather gain, in average less than 15 points, the first time you will play these levels. So, to gain these 800 points need really a lot of gaming time to be spent. And after that, you will have to learn a challenge you don't know at all. It's not impossible if you have natural affinities with this challenge, or if you are a genius in video games and are VERY motivated, but otherwise, you should forget for this time ^^  

18 minutes ago, Arkiokin said:

You need to reach level 7, that means gain at least 800 points for that ((among the 4 challenges : 2 daily and 2 weekly, it's the one which need the more points). When you finish at 100% a normal level (not online) you can have, at max, 32 points : so you need to finish at least 26 levels at 100% to gain enough points. If you have missed some teensies (even only one)  inside them of didn't catched the enough quantity of lums, you will rather gain, in average less than 15 points, the first time you will play these levels. So, to gain these 800 points need really a lot of gaming time to be spent. And after that, you will have to learn a challenge you don't know at all. It's not impossible if you have natural affinities with this challenge, or if you are a genius in video games and are VERY motivated, but otherwise, you should forget for this time ^^  

Thanks, your comment is helpful.

A small progress point with a bit more than 24h left before the end of this challenge : 

Currently, there are 18 players (in fact 18 "accounts") who will gain a diamond cup : 16 with 4095.43m and 2 with 4095.42 !! (kudos to Ganbaruby_Pigii who is the first player outside me in the history of this challenge who finished with a 4095 teensie's score !!). I will do mine (on my main account) tomorrow, at the very end, to monitor the latecomers.

So, with all the players who first reached 4095.36, before needing to play again for 4095.43, only 2 of them have not switched their initial score to the max distance : keep on playing rakimas and asteroid9 !! (rakimas who was ironically the first player of this challenge who reached the glitched point : he don't need anymore the diamond trophy, and maybe he didn't saw the changes on the challenge, but I hope he will see that, before the end, especially because he deserves it, since he recently improved a lot on this type of challenge with reaching 12km+ ). 

Anyway, this is an unexpected and incredible result : congrats for all the efforts of these players (especially the newcomers who probably never even reached 2000m before that challenge) !! :)

Edited by Arkiokin
  • Like 1

Wow. The one week I don't check it and it's this one (since I knew I was going to hit Awesomeness level 11 today, I knew a weekly cup wouldn't add to my score in time). Just my luck. I will try to justify it since I have been very busy at work and have a bunch of deadlines and wouldn't have had the time to dedicate to it.

I think I am with @RNumbers in that I will probably have to wait for a <1,000 meter one. 4,095 is still a hell of a lot even with all of these excellent tips.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

Let’s freaking goooo!

I finally did it, boys, only 5 hours away from weekly reset.

Honestly, I don’t think it would be possible without your tips, guys.

The most crucial tips of all for me were these:

1. Firmly but calmly swipe down the first pillar in the winds in any phase, there’s a lot more time than you might think, don’t sweat it, just be confident and solid about that swipe, it’s the  key to this challenge

2. Cut the rope at the second border of the window in the background, when the character already ahead of it

3. In the winds you always should lower the last pillar a little bit later than you normally would, and there’s no risk of jamming it if done fast (the best moment is when you’re passing fireballs)

4. In the fireballs phase don’t ignore them, but don’t tap every last one of them, most of the time you should tap the first one after the stone platform, then both after the horizontal moving platform (you can ignore every fireball at the fireballs before beta pillars this week, it helps with the composure when you’re tackling it)

5. You can totally do this! It’s not a matter of an unprecedented skill, any ordinary but motivated player can do this with a fair bit of practice, so don’t discourage yourself, and think of any mistake as a way to get consistent with this particular phase you’re dying on. 

Thanks again to everyone and especially to @Arkiokin and @AdruA_
P.S. Also there was not a single problem with rings on a princess for me, maybe it’s just this unique sequence this week but anyway

Edited by kirillburton
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kirillburton said:

Let’s freaking goooo!

I finally did it, boys, only 5 hours away from weekly reset.

Honestly, I don’t think it would be possible without your tips, guys.

5. You can totally do this! It’s not a matter of an unprecedented skill, any ordinary but motivated player can do this with a fair bit of practice, so don’t discourage yourself, and think of any mistake as a way to get consistent with this particular phase you’re dying on. 

Thanks again to everyone and especially to @Arkiokin and @AdruA_

Congratulations !!, maybe another players could reach the goal before the end (I saw one who just die at 4000m, probably at the last fireballs phase)

And you're totally right : every mistake and every death should learn yourself to improve for future tries : this is the key to real motivated players, and the only way to improve yourself. And finally it would have be much more satisfactory to gain a diamond on this challenge, that need really a pretty hard work, than have one with a challenge glitched at 100m : yes you will also gain a diamond but you will quit the game with the same bitter taste you had during months. Not here I suppose ;)

For me it will be time to also play my 4095.43 run. At this moment : 20 accounts have now reached the max distance for a diamond (so, soon 21 with mine), and only one player has kept his 4095.36m score...

It would have been a very stimulated challenge, since until there, we have had at max 9 accounts at max distance, and in general 5 or 6 max

17 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Wow. The one week I don't check it and it's this one (since I knew I was going to hit Awesomeness level 11 today, I knew a weekly cup wouldn't add to my score in time). Just my luck. I will try to justify it since I have been very busy at work and have a bunch of deadlines and wouldn't have had the time to dedicate to it.

I think I am with @RNumbers in that I will probably have to wait for a <1,000 meter one. 4,095 is still a hell of a lot even with all of these excellent tips.

All new players who reached this goal (or those who were able to reach distances between 2500 and 3500m) proved that this feeling of a 4095m distance too far/impossible is more of an illusion than the reality in fact ;) : put barriers to yourself and you will never improve yourself. Maybe, with some luck the next challenge will be a 300m glitched one (it occured one time in the history after a 4095 one or few time after), but the barriers will be always there

• Like 1