This game makes me shiver

Lord_Mgolivets

Don't make fun of me, I like this game so far, but the BT are literally making me shiver and giving me tachycardia lol. 

I've just ended cap 2 and I had to turn off the console because I was shaking a lot.

The worst for me so far is passing throught a bt zone, now I forgot to do a Sam Order and I have to crawl back to almost the home base, and I don't want to.  

Do you have any tips for me?  I'm playing on hard.

59 minutes ago, Lord_Mgolivets said:

Don't make fun of me, I like this game so far, but the BT are literally making me shiver and giving me tachycardia lol. 

I've just ended cap 2 and I had to turn off the console because I was shaking a lot.

The worst for me so far is passing throught a bt zone, now I forgot to do a Sam Order and I have to crawl back to almost the home base, and I don't want to.  

if your having a hard time it might be best to lower it to normal or just try and man up enough will to go through it. I personally hate this game and think it is crap but I your stuck in it then I would say just lower the mode your on or just try and keep trying till you do it.

When you get the Hematic grenades you can clear BT areas. Let them grab you and defeat the area's boss. Not practical if you carry cargo but you can clear the area and pick the cargo afterwards. I only used this method when i did Misc missions that had you pick cargo from BT's areas, but it should work with every area (at least for side-missions). Later you get weapons as well

1 hour ago, Lord_Mgolivets said:

Play on easy for the story for sure. Not much point playing on Hard. You need to play on Very Hard for LoL ranks in the endgame, but this is made trivial when you have a good zipline and road network because nothing can touch you and, realistically, you'll need to do this.

Regarding BT's, just use the scanner consistently and you should be able to track them. The scanner will also give you the direction the BT is in, which will help. When you're able too, pack some hematic (blood) grenade and use hematic rounds in rifles so you can take them out if you really want to as it makes BT encounters virtually a non-factor. Also, BT's don't like elevated rocks as much as flat ground so try and utilise that. If you start getting trapped, you can usually wiggle your way out of there and quickly pick up things you need - generally speaking, if you're in a panic, leave your PCC. 

My biggest piece of advise you probably didn't ask for is that from Ch. 5 (when you unlock ziplines) try and construct ziplines on your route to various facilities. If you enter an area not yet on the Chiral network, bring it up and backtrack to where you had to stop the zipline network. Bandwidth won't be much of a problem if (a) you keep 300M wherever possible between ziplines, and (b) you rely on online structures others and/or construct something you need in emergency (i.e. a generator) and immediately disassemble. I'd also go ahead and construct all roads in the central region. This will save you SO much time for Best Beloved / Growth of a Legend, but will also keep you nice and safe from BT's!  With roads and ziplines everywhere, I got the Plat in 70-75 hours. You're talking 200+ hours without. Enemy encounters are the only thing that changes with difficulty, and they become redundant with ziplines and roads.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

Thanks everyone. 

So, I'll lowered the difficult to Very Easy and encountered no one BT in my 10 minutes play while at lunch. So far good.

For everything else, Ziplines!

Shaka bra ziplining south park - maybe my fave episode out of all south park!  | South park, The incredibles, Park

4 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I got the Plat in 70-75 hours. You're talking 200+ hours without. Enemy encounters are the only thing that changes with difficulty, and they become redundant with ziplines and roads.

You are talking to someone who can do magic: I can double the hours required to get the platinum even of the most easiest game! Medievil: 6-9h? 19 for me! 

• Like 2

I have the same problem like you,i dont like playing horror games,so i also lower the difficulty everytime i do main story orders and change it back to hard if i do standard orders.i was trying to get legend of legends early. Spent almost 100 hours on chapter 3 to mama,building roads and zipline network.got plat in 140 hours.i just left bath in hotspring last for platinum screenshot. Hehehe 

its way easier after you get weapons later in the game.i love this game. So addicting.