Is The Platinum Still Obtainable?

se_guevara99

The servers are closing on Jan 25th, 2021 so the Platinum is still obtainable but the 100% isn't, because the Season Pass has been delisted and there's nowhere near enough time to grind out the Platinum currency needed to buy the in-game Season Pass bundle. If you haven't already started this game, then don't bother.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, se_guevara99 said:

Okay, thanks bro. So say I tried going just for the platinum, do you reckon I could do it before the servers shut or is it a grind? I haven't even touched the game yet

I would say leave it. It isn't that good a game and the trophies are so grindy. Virtually every trophy is a grind. I'm slogging through it because I had already started it and didn't want to be permanently locked out of a plat but i don't particularly enjoy it!!!

However, if you really want to play it I've personally had no trouble with the servers and as far as i know, all non-dlc trophies are obtainable. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, se_guevara99 said:

Okay, thanks bro. So say I tried going just for the platinum, do you reckon I could do it before the servers shut or is it a grind? I haven't even touched the game yet

You can easily Platinum this game in a month or less if you spend about 4hrs a day playing it and have 2 controllers handy but do note you need a full group of 5 people for 1 of the trophies. Battleborn is a lot of fun when you get into it but the trophies are very grindy. If the 100% was still possible, you would be able to get all of the DLC trophies in a week.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I would say leave it. It isn't that good a game and the trophies are so grindy. Virtually every trophy is a grind. I'm slogging through it because I had already started it and didn't want to be permanently locked out of a plat but i don't particularly enjoy it!!!

However, if you really want to play it I've personally had no trouble with the servers and as far as i know, all non-dlc trophies are obtainable. 

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You can easily Platinum this game in a month or less if you spend about 4hrs a day playing it and have 2 controllers handy but do note you need a full group of 5 people for 1 of the trophies. Battleborn is a lot of fun when you get into it but the trophies are very grindy. If the 100% was still possible, you would be able to get all of the DLC trophies in a week.

Thank you guys, to be honest I am more focused on other games and given the server shutdown deadline in January, it may be tough since I can't play it 4 hours everyday...

The 5 people for 1 trophy would probably be hard to do aswell

it's a pity but I may just have to let it slide

Looking at the trophy guide, is the Civil Ice trophy also multiplayer or can it just be done with 2 controllers?

Edited by se_guevara99

3 hours ago, se_guevara99 said:

Looking at the trophy guide, is the Civil Ice trophy also multiplayer or can it just be done with 2 controllers?

Civil Ice can be done with one controller. 2 make ' Miko are All My Friends' easier. Micro Macro Mist Me will be a pain in the arse without boosting though!!!  

Hmm, the more I look at it, the more I think I will go for the online trophies and then come back to the game at a later stage to do the rest

18 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Civil Ice can be done with one controller. 2 make ' Miko are All My Friends' easier. Micro Macro Mist Me will be a pain in the arse without boosting though!!!  

1 hour ago, se_guevara99 said:

Hmm, the more I look at it, the more I think I will go for the online trophies and then come back to the game at a later stage to do the rest

Battleborn is online only with no offline modes, thus you have to be signed into PSN and the Battleborn servers the entire time. Once the servers get switched off, the game will become the digital equivalent of a worthless brick on your Hard Drive.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

2 hours ago, se_guevara99 said:

Don't do it man! The game is really bland. The trophy list is grindy as hell. This is one game well worth leaving be if you haven't started it yet. The game is a huge time commitment and you will never be able to 100% it. There are loads of better options if you're thinking to sink a hundred odd hours into a game!!!  

26 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Don't do it man! The game is really bland. The trophy list is grindy as hell. This is one game well worth leaving be if you haven't started it yet. The game is a huge time commitment and you will never be able to 100% it. There are loads of better options if you're thinking to sink a hundred odd hours into a game!!!  

Each to their own but personally, I love this game to death and have approx 500hrs logged in it - though I can see how it's not for everyone :).

• Like 4

20 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Battleborn is online only with no offline modes, thus you have to be signed into PSN and the Battleborn servers the entire time. Once the servers get switched off, the game will become the digital equivalent of a worthless brick on your Hard Drive.

Ahh, I see bro. I was thinking I could do the online trophies before the servers shutdown and then carry on doing the other trophies since they didn't need online but since you say the game is always required to be online and connected to servers, I guess I'll have to skip this one

That is kind of crazy though how them closing the servers kills the game entirely as there is no offline mode

Edited by se_guevara99

I wouldn't do it. The servers for this game are notorious for not saving stats. I haven't checked recently if that's still an issue though.

I managed to get the 100% and the Platinum but like what was said earlier -- everything in this game is an incredible grind. It looks like Gearbox didn't learn their lesson and Godfall is more of the same just done by a different developer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I wouldn't do it. The servers for this game are notorious for not saving stats. I haven't checked recently if that's still an issue though.

I managed to get the 100% and the Platinum but like what was said earlier -- everything in this game is an incredible grind. It looks like Gearbox didn't learn their lesson and Godfall is more of the same just done by a different developer.

Okay, that's a pity. I'll have leave it, thanks for the help guys!