Rice Farming Guide

Swrinny

5 hours ago, Kuei-mu said:

Great guide!
Would you consider writing a whole trophy guide for this game? I tend to rush a lot in it and often struggle while exploring. 1f605.png

Thx! I would've liked to but currently busy with work and a project :c Thankfully most trophies are straight-forward though, but if you have any questions I can try to answer them

There's a guy on youtube that covers japanese culture and history throughout videogames, and he has made an episode on the game. Apparently, after looking up historically accurate ways of farming rice and using them in the game he achieved great results. My physical has yet to arrive, but someone who already has the game may want to try and replicate the methods and see if they hold water.

Here's the link:

On 11/16/2020 at 11:04 PM, GrumpyFelo said:

hey man, thanks for the video. it was of great help

i have unlocked Aromatic, Pretty Paddy, Mass Production just by recreating that rice

the only trophy I have is trying to unlock this trophy, Glutinous

Any guides for that?

Also, what do you do to unlock Home Run Royalty  and Demolition Deity

for the love of god, i dont know how to

Glad it helped! Early in the video I go over all the areas of focus and show 3 overlays with multiple blocks. If you follow the steps for heartiness it should work out as that's what the game tells you to do for that. You can increase the stats by applying multiple fertilizers with tons of additional items to get a better result. Haven't had the time to try that trophy myself yet though, been too busy making videos after work :P

As for the other 2 trophies, they actually came naturally for me. But it just seems you need to bump multiple enemies into eachother a couple of times. With that in mind I suggest to go to stage 61 of the Amagaeshi Shrine, grab one Aphid with your raiment and toss it into a large group with one of the raiment skills. Hope this helps!

On 11/17/2020 at 0:08 AM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

This video helped alot im on yr4 roughly. An following your steps i went from yelding 10-16 to 65-70.

Just unlocked seed sorting so lol see what happens next round

Awesome, glad it helped! Seed sorting is key in going either for quality or quantity. High quality = less yield, but Sakuna will level quicker.

2 hours ago, Swrinny said:

Glad it helped! Early in the video I go over all the areas of focus and show 3 overlays with multiple blocks. If you follow the steps for heartiness it should work out as that's what the game tells you to do for that. You can increase the stats by applying multiple fertilizers with tons of additional items to get a better result. Haven't had the time to try that trophy myself yet though, been too busy making videos after work :P

As for the other 2 trophies, they actually came naturally for me. But it just seems you need to bump multiple enemies into eachother a couple of times. With that in mind I suggest to go to stage 61 of the Amagaeshi Shrine, grab one Aphid with your raiment and toss it into a large group with one of the raiment skills. Hope this helps!

Awesome, glad it helped! Seed sorting is key in going either for quality or quantity. High quality = less yield, but Sakuna will level quicker.

i got the plat today, thanks for the help

• 2 weeks later...

Appreciate the guide, been following your mix and it's got me all the way through to the ending with good stats.

One I'm struggling with is the Glutinous trophy. I'm probably being an idiot, but as far as I can see the conditions for heartiness are near identical to those for your own mix, but i'm not unlocking it.

Is there anything obvious I might be missing? Am i screwing things up by maxing out all 3 points of the fertiliser triangle?

4 hours ago, Lake013 said:

Appreciate the guide, been following your mix and it's got me all the way through to the ending with good stats.

One I'm struggling with is the Glutinous trophy. I'm probably being an idiot, but as far as I can see the conditions for heartiness are near identical to those for your own mix, but i'm not unlocking it.

Is there anything obvious I might be missing? Am i screwing things up by maxing out all 3 points of the fertiliser triangle?

Tried even with fertiliser manipulated, still no luck.

took screenshots of the summary: https://imgur.com/a/VcbwJra

if anyone has any ideas it'd be appreciated, this is driving me nuts. 

Edited by Lake013

On 11/20/2020 at 0:00 AM, GrumpyFelo said:

i got the plat today, thanks for the help

Congrats! :D

On 12/3/2020 at 2:00 PM, Lake013 said:

Tried even with fertiliser manipulated, still no luck.

took screenshots of the summary: https://imgur.com/a/VcbwJra

if anyone has any ideas it'd be appreciated, this is driving me nuts. 

Hey sorry for the late reply. I managed to get it by following the specific steps that I had added to the pinned comment on the video. Here's a list of the steps, hope these help you out!

[Winter/Spring] Fertilize before tilling
[Winter/Spring] Sort rice thoroughly using mud or salt
[Winter/Spring] Sow seeds thinly
[Winter/Spring] Plant the seedlings sparsely
[Spring/Summer] Unleash ducks
[Spring/Summer] Focus on root & kernel fertilizer
[Spring/Summer] ~20% water during 1st & 2nd offshoots stages
[Spring/Summer] Dehydrate the field during 3rd offshoots stage
[Spring/Summer] Lock up the ducks during 3rd offshoots stage
[Spring/Summer] During sprouting stage, focus on leaf fertilizer but only  halfway at most
[Summer/Autumn] ~30% water during sprouting stage
[Summer/Autumn] Pray for dry weather
[Summer/Autumn] Once ripe, drain field in the morning
[Summer/Autumn] Harvest field early afternoon
[Summer/Autumn] Thresh & Polish rice when it's cool (night/morning)
[Summer/Autumn] Create white rice for better growth

4 hours ago, Swrinny said:

Hey sorry for the late reply. I managed to get it by following the specific steps that I had added to the pinned comment on the video. Here's a list of the steps, hope these help you out!

[Spring/Summer] During sprouting stage, focus on leaf fertilizer but only  halfway at most

use this way 3 times to night and no trophy  what did you put in as additionnel compunds in fertelizer

On 7.12.2020 at 10:31 PM, AllanGronkjaer said:

On 7.12.2020 at 5:53 PM, Swrinny said:

still cant get glutinous trophy tried your guide many times now