100x Combo trophy unlocked... but it didn't?

I'm playing on PS5 and was doing the combat training 2.0. After beating it the first time, I replayed it since I saw a chance to get the 100x combo trophy out of the way. On replay, I got the trophy, it popped, I hit the PS button immediately, saw the screenshot, etc. All good, right? Well, no. When I view the actual trophy list on my console, it says the trophy is still not unlocked. Even though I have a screenshot (and video) proof!

I have since restarted my PS5, re-synced, and done 100x combo twice, both on the training and in a separate mission. My trophy list refuses to show it as unlocked. Also when I updated my profile here, it also doesn't show the trophy. What the heck is happening? How can I fix this bug?

30 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Sounds similar to:

Looks like loading previous save file from before doing the 100x combo might do the trick.

Holy crap that worked! Thank you so much. I didn't know that thread had the same issue as mine.

So small sample size, but we have at least TWO proven cases of this working for this kind of issue. So again, reloading a past save DOES work when this happens. In case anyone reading this is wondering, like the original game, Miles Morales keeps a few backup save files set at certain progression points. I loaded up one that I knew was before I experienced the glitch, satisfied the 100x combo again, and the trophy is officially really unlocked.

Interestingly, it shows the original time that I should have unlocked it. Thank you again! Let's hope this is not a PS5-wide issue and hopefully just isolated to this one game.

Edited by Veritas7Ax
spacing, added comment

This is honestly kinda terrifying issue. What if it happens in something like Dark Souls, where you don't have any backups at all. I hope this will be adressed soon. 
I have a vacation with a PS5 and a dozen of games coming up, would be a bummer to encounter such an issue.

Having it unlocked at the same time as original sounds interesting. Maybe it will unlock later if you get another trophy?

Edited by Akrioz

5 hours ago, Akrioz said:

This is honestly kinda terrifying issue. What if it happens in something like Dark Souls, where you don't have any backups at all. I hope this will be adressed soon. 
I have a vacation with a PS5 and a dozen of games coming up, would be a bummer to encounter such an issue.

Having it unlocked at the same time as original sounds interesting. Maybe it will unlock later if you get another trophy?

Yeah, it will be interesting to see as more people play and we get more data. Potentially scary like you said if it's a recurring issue affecting any PS5 game, rather than just one. And agreed, games that constantly autosave will be really frustrating. I think the only way you would be able to get around it would be to reload a save from the cloud from the day before assuming you use that feature. And even then, that could mean losing hours of work, or having to redo a really hard section.

Imagine this happening on an EXTREMELY tough trophy that takes you dozens of tries? Sheesh. Let's hope it's not going to happen on other games.