Online Trophies Assault

OoyahRequiem

Hi guys.

It seems that a lot of people are experiencing a wealth of problems in connection to the two online trophies for this game: "Throwdown" and "Honour Upheld". It seems that there are two main problems:

1 - Friends not showing up in-game.

2 - People sending challenges featuring scores which are hell to beat.

I have read a couple of different theories on this (in relation to problem 1), but frustration seems to be the common theme. At the end of the day, luck seems like a big factor. Usually, where luck is involved, a try and try again philosophy works best, and the more people trying the better.

I was wondering if a strategy like the following would help. If you need these trophies (or would like to help), express your interest here. Then send friend requests to other people on this thread, and try to send them challenges. It would be best to send a challenge in which you have a low score, so that the recipient of the challengs will have a better chance to beat it. It would probably also be a good idea to send one of the earlier games as a challenge, in case the recipient has not unlocked all of the games.

Personally, I have bronzed all of the games. I have a few (literally!) silvers, and no golds. So I should be able to provide challenges which are fairly easy to beat.

Depending on how many people reply to this thread, things could get a bit chaotic, but I guess that we can see how it goes, and maybe between us we can identify some kind of a relable pattern to this problem.

So... anyone up for this? :)

Doesn't seem like many people are interested but I really want honor upheld, problem is only 1 friend shows in the leaderboards, even though 2 more have the game, add me if you'd like to try it

Hi there! Sure thing, I'll send a request when I get home tonight. I find that sometimes friends appear in the leaderboard, but not in the higher or lower scores bit. I think that this could be a frustrating endeavour, but let us see what happens!

I would like these as well.

I haven't actually started the game yet so I will naturally get crap scores on my first run. I can send these as challenges.

I am work until tonight (UK timr) but feel free to send me a friend request. Just say it is related to this forum so that I know what it is for.

My PSN is theitdemon

Anyone else been having trouble with this?

None of my friends with this game show up on the screen with the higher and lower scores (I think it is 'Game' on the main menu). They do show up in the leaderboards when I filter on friends though

I am sad to say that my experiences mirror your own exactly. I can see everyone in the leaderboards... but not the higher and lower sections. I have been approached by four people so far (here and directly), and it is the same every time. Will keep on trying, though. Could take a lot of experimenting to get anywhere with this.

I think it might be an issue with the actual install.

Regardless of whether you add people or not, they won't show up on the higher / lower score screen.

May be worth trying an uninstall and re-install.

Of course, you will  need to make sure save is safe so you don't lose progress.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have an answer.

From reading around, it seems as though only people who had the game before April 2012 will appear on the higher and lower section. I don't really understand either. Apparently if you can find someone who falls imnto this category, add them. You should then be able to challenge them for the "Throwdown" trophy

I'm not sure if you would appear on their list for therm to challenge you but always worth a try.

If anyone is able to try this and it works, post here to say so. Also if the other player is happy to, post their PSN ID so that they can help out with other members (as I say, if they are happy to).

Demon's teory appears to be true: I have the same problem than all of you (Honor Upheld), and I even have been able to find two people who actually appear on my list! (both of them bougth the game in early 2012, or at least have an early trophy registered...). Unfortunatelly, none of them answers my challenges/messages (both of them probably will be young players that I found with near on summer holidays or so...).

Anyway, if any of you want to try, feel free to add me and try to send a challenge (PSN_ID :  Carr_Delling   ; put "Little Deviants" or something when sending me the invitation) ;)

Demon's teory appears to be true: I have the same problem than all of you (Honor Upheld), and I even have been able to find two people who actually appear on my list! (both of them bougth the game in early 2012, or at least have an early trophy registered...). Unfortunatelly, none of them answers my challenges/messages (both of them probably will be young players that I found with near on summer holidays or so...).

Anyway, if any of you want to try, feel free to add me and try to send a challenge (PSN_ID :  Carr_Delling   ; put "Little Deviants" or something when sending me the invitation) ;)

Done!

Finally did it yesterday, after more than a year trying to achieve the trophy.

The theories about this are true: Only people who bought the game in the first months of Vita (Feb- Jun-ish) can receive incoming challeges. The rest must rely on sending a challege to one of these "early players", and hope that they overcome it and send you back a reply.

If you get that reply (it took me more than a year... :( ), then it's just a matter of playing the challege again, get a better score than your friend, and the trophy is yours.

That's brilliant Carr.

I will try adding you later. Did you have the game early enough or did you have the game in early 2012? I will add you this evening anyway. Am hoping this works

I'll be playing the game in the following days (now I can aim for the platinum, ;)), so if a receive any challenge of any player, I will return it.

However, note that I bought the game in October 2012 - I was in the same situation as you - so it is very likely that it does not work between us (but of course it does not harm to try).

I'd give you the ID of the guy how did it with me, but considering that it took months of sending him challenges to get a reply, and that he looks to be not interested in throphies at all, I don't think it is going to be useful (he got the trophy a few minutes before me, so if he upload the trophies to PSN someday, you'll see his ID in the trophy achievers' list).

Wow, thank you so much for this info, Carr. I think that it is pretty much certain that my initial plan was absolute rubbish. Finding an older player who is willing to help seems to be the way to go. Thanks to Demon also. Maybe somebody who can help will spot this thread.

Not-so rubbish. This thread remembered me to do the (n+1)-ish (and last) try ;) So thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I got some trophies in this game in March 2012, so I might be able to help. Game made me rage quit about 50 times before I gave up, but I may have to put it back in rotation to be of some help for some of you. Give me a day or two to re-orient myself with this one and I am willing to help others with whatever this trophy seems to be.

*Update* 28 January 2013 - No dice on any help from my end. I found my original 4gb memory card this game saved to, just in case that affected anything and it doesn't seem to help. This trophy might be out of reach...

Edited by DaivRules