Platinum straying further away

Just reached shadow wars and currently on Nurnen. I swear I lose so many times and then I have to conquer again and it takes forever for me to get back. It is a never-ending pattern. I’m truly sick of this game.

89% done, 37 hours played. Highest defense and attack rank I can get to is like 350 and even then I’m like 60 points lower than the enemy. This is nuts. My Talion is rank 45 and don’t really know how to level up anymore.. I honestly think I’m over it. Just lost again on the last defense wave. The fort rank is 458 now and the overlord is 51. Let’s just say I’m not conquering the fort anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Online conquests give boat loads of XP, especially in ranked. You can get XP from defeating your friends forts which can be weaker but just do ranked. I usually farm online conquests in Seregost because that's where my strongest orcs are. I levelled up from 40 to 72 within a few days of just doing this, it's not a grind to level up, if anything it is too quick.

It was a while since i did the shadow wars but cant you just farm XP and recruit stronger orcs from other players? That's your best bet, you'll rarely find orcs in your own world who are strong enough, just attack other players and recruit theirs! 

Don't worry too much about recruiting No Chance and Arrow Proof orcs as they wont help in shadow wars and are only good for dealing with the player. Focus on orcs that have some of the following traits;

Thick Skinned (Epic)

Great Strength (Epic)

Poison or Fire weapon (avoid curse)

Any mighty gang trait (defenders would be the best)

Several ways to become enraged or just the trait 'Enraged by everything'

Immunities i.e. Fire and Poison

On another note, use the following siege upgrades;

Strongest gates possible (i think metal?)

Reinforced inner and outer gates

Gates guarded by caged drakes

Spiked walls

Poison siege beasts

Poison mines

Defender host

Spiked walls ensure the enemies are funnelled towards the gates which if paired with reinforced gates means they are stuck outside the gate for a long time, this is where the caged drake comes into play. You can imagine how strong it is. I never change this for any defense, whether online or offline. The caged drake once set free can be dominated which is another weapon in your arsenal. Oh and don't forget that the tribe of the fortress matters too, be sure to look these up, it is dependant on your overlord.

This for the most part is the best setup but of course you need to mix and match slightly depending on the weaknesses of the enemy warchiefs. Always check what they are vunerable to and dazed by. Just make a mental note of their weaknesses. If 5 of them are weak to the same thing, like fire, then change your upgrades accordingly and ensure your warchiefs and bodyguards have fire weapons. 

It is really easy to farm for training orders, especially if you cheese the online pit fights by force closing before your overlord dies. 

Edited by rune12
  • Like 4