Is the PS5's PS+ cloud storage separate from the PS4?

Raidou Kuzunoha XIV

From what I can find, the answer seems to be "yes", but I can't seem to find anything that 100% confirms it. They seem to be separate on the UI/settings but that doesn't necessarily mean they're both saved to separate online storages, I imagine.

For those that have PS5s and PS Plus, is the cloud storage for PS5 save separate from the PS4 cloud?

Main reason I ask is because I've hit that 1,000 save file limit on the PS4's cloud storage and don't want to find my ability to upload PS5 saves hampered by that when I eventually get one.

It is separate, both consoles have their own cloud for the PS5, when you go to manage your save files you will get a tab for PS4 and PS5 saves and be able to store your saves in their respective clouds. Aside from that, PS4 save data can be uploaded to a USB flash drive whereas PS5 save data can only be backed up to the cloud.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sergen said:

It is separate, both consoles have their own cloud for the PS5, when you go to manage your save files you will get a tab for PS4 and PS5 saves and be able to store your saves in their respective clouds. Aside from that, PS4 save data can be uploaded to a USB flash drive whereas PS5 save data can only be backed up to the cloud.

Thanks for answering, that's good to know. Yeah, I've heard about not being able to back up PS5 saves to USB which was another concern. I can just continue to back up my PS4 saves to USB, but that won't be the case for PS5.

Guess it's gonna be a few years before anyone discovers if the PS5 also has the 1,000 save file limit. Still don't understand why that's a thing, it's impossible to completely fill the 100GB storage with that limit in place.

• Like 1