Mausoleum Key - Ostrava

Morphiar

I have just finished 1-4 and killed Old King. Ostrava did not appear after the blue dragon, couldn't see him anywhere so now I don't have the mausoleum key. I am sure Ostrava hasn't died throughout what I've played so far. Anyone know what's happened? Can I now not get the key, thus blocking me from getting one of the trophies? 

I didn't kill the blue dragon if that means anything, I ran straight in the building and Ostrava simply wasn't there. I've never found his dead body so can't even loot the key... 

Ostrava's AI isn't the greatest, so it's possible that he died despite being saved. I've witnessed him getting stuck in a corner on 1-1 and not being able to fight back. Had I not intervened, he would've died. 

The platinum requires multiple playthroughs, so missing the key isn't that big of a problem. I believe Ostrava drops the key even in 1-1, so you can always just murder him in NG+ if you don't feel like doing the sidequest again. However, you absolutely should not do this before getting the Ally's Ring, as killing Ostrava shifts character tendency towards black.

• Like 1

He first appears on the ledge over the dreglings in 1-1. Then he appears inside the interior of the Lord's Path bridge in 1-2 at the end near the start. Then he is supposed to appear on the other side of the shortcut gate in 1-3 that the Fat Official closed. Next he appears on the steps just inside the entrance of Allant's Tower and then finally as a Black Phantom guarding a bridge across to the elevator.

Did you miss the Lord's Path encounter? Missing the Lord's Path encounter before pulling the shortcut switch in 1-3 means there is no way to do his 1-3 encounter.

Thanks for the help everyone - I will just kill him in NG+ on 1-1 and make sure I claim the friend's ring first :)

I think I saved Ostrava in 1-3 from 2 red knights so assumed he would appear in 1-4 to give me the key but he was nowhere to be found.

Edited by Morphiar

If it works like the PS3 version, you can leap to the ledge behind him that's visible after going through the fog gate on top of the castle walls. This means you don't have to to kill the mobs below to get to him. Go unarmed and backstab him, it doesn't do enough damage to make him aggressive but it does push him over the edge into the waiting enemies. Having to fight them, along with the blue eyed knight on the way back is too much for him and he will get killed.

You can then loot his corpse and grab the mausoleum key without messing up world/character tendency.