Ultimate difficulty trophy on new game+

timis101

Just finished my new game+ run on ultimate difficulty but only got the new game+ trophy and not the ultimate difficulty trophy. Any one else have this happen to them? Kinda bummed I need to play a third time now since new game+ was how I got the trophy when it released on ps4. Is it just a bug with the trophy or did they change the trophy requirement so it has to be done on a fresh campaign?

Did you change difficulty select? press < or > in game settings?

To unlock the Power and Responsibility trophy in Spider-Man you must complete the main story of the game using the new hardest difficulty "Ultimate" added in Update 1.08. You must not change the difficulty at any time during your play through of the main story.

Seeing as this trophy comes with an update that also requires you to finish a New Game + play through you might as well combine your efforts and set your New Game + to Ultimate. This way you get all the advantages of your completed save -- XP level, unlocked skills, suits, mods, gadgets -- to help you adjust quickly to the new difficulty.

Spider-Man isn't a difficult game to complete even on a harder difficulty. The only modifier appears to be enemy damage and damage resistance, yet with plenty of patience Spider-Man can avoid damage entirely even with his basic move set. With all of the unlocks of a New Game + this should be pretty straight forward as long as you take your time.

EDIT: To be clear, you can start a brand new save on Ultimate if you want, you don't have to unlock NG+ first. Also, the game will throw up a warning if you attempt to change the difficulty from Ultimate, so there's no chance of an accidental switch.

• Like 2

On 27/11/2020 at 4:57 PM, timis101 said:

Just finished my new game+ run on ultimate difficulty but only got the new game+ trophy and not the ultimate difficulty trophy. Any one else have this happen to them? Kinda bummed I need to play a third time now since new game+ was how I got the trophy when it released on ps4. Is it just a bug with the trophy or did they change the trophy requirement so it has to be done on a fresh campaign?

The same thing just happened to me. Pretty damn annoying 

I did the same thing I did on the PS4 version and only got the NG+ one pop

A third play through after close together and two on Miles morales. Plus having done it twice on PS4 is just too much right now 

Did you resolve it? 

Edited by mikem192

On 11/12/2020 at 6:54 PM, DargEXE said:

If anyone is curious I found the fix, make sure the old save file is NOT on ultimate and then make new game+ from that save and then change the new game plus to ultimate when it asks you to. 

you can confirm if this works because now in the new save if you go to change it from ultimate it should give the warning that you will lose the trophy.

Hope this helps anyone

I confirm, this method works ! thanks

• Like 2