Can't play PS4 games on PS5 at the same time as another PS4

arsenal4life1471

1 minute ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Bro, has it not been the same since the PS3 brought the PSN along with it?

You can't be in two places on the same line of PlayStation (3, 4, 5, V), you can have your Vita on while you play on PS4 and whatnot, but you could never be on 2 PS3s at the same time, nor could you do 2 Vitas at the same time (which made self boosting Vita games a lot harder since there's no way to sign in as someone else and keep the games...without hacking anyway), same as the 4, and now the 5...we're surprised why?

As someone else said, if it's a big issue, whichever console is set to be the home console, just fire it up offline.

did you need to state the obvious mate i know that i was just suprised that i can play ps5 games on ps5 while bro is on ps4 but i go to play a ps4 game on ps5 and it obviously acts like its a ps4 if you get my drift i thought i would share

47 minutes ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

Looks LIke when you play a ps4 game on ps5 it counts as a ps4 no problem with ps5 games

Why would playing a ps5 game on a ps5 do anything to a ps4?
It is already well known that you can play on different system while signed in online. 

The "problem" you are having also happens to a ps3 when a ps5 or ps4 start streaming a ps3 game through psnow.
You can only be online on one if each type of system at a time, but you can be online on all of the systems types at once.   

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

did you need to state the obvious mate i know that i was just suprised that i can play ps5 games on ps5 while bro is on ps4 but i go to play a ps4 game on ps5 and it obviously acts like its a ps4 if you get my drift i thought i would share

Stating the obvious...but you were surprised you could have an account be active on both a PS4 and PS5...which is the obvious I stated...? I think..?

Feel like this whole thread is stating the obvious.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Wavergray said:

Why would playing a ps5 game on a ps5 do anything to a ps4?
It is already well known that you can play on different system while signed in online. 

The "problem" you are having also happens to a ps3 when a ps5 or ps4 start streaming a ps3 game through psnow.
You can only be online on one if each type of system at a time, but you can be online on all of the systems types at once.   

i know its well known about different systems as i have been doing that for years as stated many times by me throughout this thread lol. See i never played ps now so i never experienced that so thats why i was suprised when the ps5 "behave like it was a ps4" thats useful to knowi

6 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Stating the obvious...but you were surprised you could have an account be active on both a PS4 and PS5...which is the obvious I stated...? I think..?

Feel like this whole thread is stating the obvious.

t is now with all the comments repeating themselves. As i had no problems playing ps5 games while my bro played a ps4 game i assumed that meant the ps5 was separate (well it is when playing ps5 games) but obviously reverts to being a "ps4" when ps4 games are played hence why i started the thread as it suprised me that it was the case but thanks to @Wavergray saying about ps n0w i Now understand why but someone might not know this (like me Before starting this thread) and therefore wht might be obvious to you might not be for someone else. Besides did you actually read all the thread before posting.