Interview Trophies (giving up on platinum)

Ghost-TeamX

I've now completed 1 and a half seasons and I'm seriously on the brink of giving up on this platinum as I'm not even 1/3 towards Showmanship.

My main problems are:

• I do not get any interviews after Qualifying... never! I've had a single post Qualifying interview in Bahrain once, but never again. I even started a new career to test if this was a bug, but still no post Qualifying interview. Has this been patched out or why are people taking about 50% interview chance after every Q?
  • 80% of the questions are car related and only boost my team's reputation or the relationship with the R&D departments.

I've read nearly every thread on the whole internet regarding these trophies and the main tips seem to be to make sure the F2 rivals are with you on the podium.

This does indeed trigger a related interview question after the race... but I am talking about ONE question. Yes sometimes I get lucky to be asked a second question and once even a third, but mostly, it's just one post race question that is related to showmanship/sportsmanship and the rest is car related.

At this pace, it would take me easily 4 full seasons for just one trophy.

What frustrates me the most is the fact that many people claim to have gotten the respective trophies in merely 1.5 - 2 seasons with up to 6 related interview questions per race... So what am I missing here?

One can have bad luck for a few races with this question, but comparing this to my situation is just too much of a difference to put it on bad luck solely.

My procedure for reference:

• I simulate practice
  • I do drive the qualifying(tried both one-shot and long) and mostly win
  • I drive the 5 lap race and mostly win with either Butler or Weber on the podium with me

And just to mention it, I've never given false answers in the interviews so that's not my problem, rather the few question coming up and not having post qualifying interview.

Does anybody have any advice what I'm doing wrong? If i cannot find a way to drastically boost my interview gains, I'll definitely give up on this platinum as I'm not willing to grind through 4 seasons per trophy while others get this within 1.5 seasons.

Help is greatly appreciated

Ghost

Edited by Ghost-TeamX

• 4 weeks later...

Took my 4 seasons and 3 races aswel for the showmanship trophy + extra 2 seasons for the sportsmanship one since those questions occurred way more then the onces for the showmanship rating.

I am not aware of any trick to this trophy. Really must come down to luck...

However I can confirm that it is a tedious grind. I simulated the training sessions, crashed out in the qualis and started at the back of the grid but still always went for place 1 in the races.

I have read that you can try and crash out in the races aswel, it sometimes worked for me but for the majority i got more showman questions while playing the races till the end and winning them.

I hope this kinda helps or at least gives you the confirmation that its not only you who had those problems. 

Edited by tirol_terminator

• 5 months later...

I've managed to get both maxed out in 1,5 seasons. There are ways to trigger the interviews:

- Always go into battle with the other racers. Never go for first place in Q and finish 1st in the race, it will not trigger that many questions. 

- Try to qualify somewhere in the pack and battle your way forward during the race.

- Make sure to battle with your rivals (set 2) and include some soft touches. You want to get 'warnings' so the game notices your nudges. 

- For sportmanship, make sure to battle for first but finish second. Preferably have your rival (F2 rival would be best) win the race or make it to the podium.

- For showman, make sure to battle for first and finish first. Switch positions during the race with your competitor (preferably F2 rival) but win in the end. 

- Finally, mix your races up. Crash in Q, get 1st in race - Finish 1st in Q, get 2nd in race - Finish mid pack in Q, get 1st in race etc. 

I've been able to finish races with 5 to 6 questions with only 1 or 2 about the car. 

Also, a golden tip is that the interview can be replayed. If you've given the incorrect answer, just close the application and restart the game. It will directly trigger the interview again. There is a small chance you'll get different questions but at least you can give the correct one for the desired rating or leave 'no comment'. 

Edited by HansPatat050
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Actually, think I've found the best way to get this one. It's highly advised that you do it this way after getting both championship trophies (that you should get on first season), as well as getting the development one, or if going for the second one in a new championship.

- Get yourself to the lowest team (with the required attribute) and do the qualifying. Since you're overachieving you're guaranteed an interview, and 9/10 of the time there'll be a one question letting you boost the attribute, and rarely two (specially when it rains). 

- Simulate the race to save yourself the 5 laps and a possible waste of it if you don't get an interview.

- Repeat.

The balance with getting first in Q and last in the race should be enough to keep you within contract levels.

Edit: after some more testing trying to get the second trophy, to guarantee an interview you need to skip practice. if you simulate, you only get one every other race

Edited by Rejim
  • Like 2