Langy's Lair of Trophies!

R25CCE

Quite an impressive platinum wall!  I must get around to playing Okami soon, it's been in my backlog for bloomin' ages!

Thanks Stewart!

Okami is probably one of the best PS2 HD remakes available on the PS3, interesting story, fun combat and an easy plat. Must have for any trophy hunter.

:)

Plat # 101

Far Cry 4 

1L24bade.png

:platinum: Master of Kyrat

Obtain all the Trophies.

I really enjoyed FC3 & Blood Dragon so I've wanted to play FC4 for a while. Although graphically it is beautiful I feel like FC3 did everything else better even though it is essentially a re-skin of FC3 it just feels like I didn't have as much fun. But still a fun game, riding an elephant to battle is f**king awesome! Capturing the outposts was a lot of fun and I really like the Pagan Min character. Rest of the story was a bit dull though, TEAM PAGAN ALL THE WAY!!

I own the Yeti DLC so will start that soon. Best part of FC4 in my opinion was the animal hunting so I will definitely be getting FC Primal.

• Like 1

DLC Completemaxresdefault.jpg

This was a really fun DLC, I think I enjoyed it more than the main game! Exploring the snowy mountains to upgrade your base and collect weapons was very fun, defending your camp was the best bit, just wish it lasted longer than 5 nights. My first encounter with a Yeti was really scary as I had no weapons, but later on once I had my Buzzsaw, they posed no challenge! 

DLC was worth every penny :)

New 100%

L5862d4.pngL0ee94d.png

​The humor in the Monkey Island games is great, really make me laugh throughout, some of the references in the 2nd game were awesome! The enhanced editions are amazingly well done, beautiful graphics. I enjoyed the 2nd game a lot more than the first, mainly due to the easier navigation and better control configuration.

If you like point & click adventure games, these two are a must play!

Plat # 102

Assassins Creed Liberation HD

1L5f9436.png

:platinum: Platinum Trophy

Collect all other 30 Trophies for this Trophy.

Easily the most boring Assassins Creed game I've played. Story was dull and the game felt pretty clunky/glitchy. Easy platinum though, and some interesting mechanics that I'm surprised aren't implemented in newer AC games such as the different persona's you can use and the tactical chain kills.

• Like 1

Plat # 102

Assassins Creed Liberation HD

1L5f9436.png

Collect all other 30 Trophies for this Trophy.

Easily the most boring Assassins Creed game I've played. Story was dull and the game felt pretty clunky/glitchy. Easy platinum though, and some interesting mechanics that I'm surprised aren't implemented in newer AC games such as the different persona's you can use and the tactical chain kills.

Congratz bro :)

well i never played this game but .... AC chronicles trilogy is boring and annoying but im gonna get platinum one day :D

Keep it up !!

Edited by Rose_Dark
  • Like 1

Congratz bro :)

well i never played this game but .... AC chronicles trilogy is boring and annoying but im gonna get platinum one day :D

Keep it up !!

Thanks Rose!

I've not played any of the Chronicles series yet, they remind me of Strider which was fun so might play them one day :)

Edited by Langy900
  • Like 1

Plat # 103

Hitman GO: Definitive Edition

1L7b0d30.png

:platinum: Agent 47

Collect all trophies for Hitman GO: Definitive Edition.

This was a really fun game to play, simple but really entertaining. I had to use a guide for some of the puzzles as some of them are so complex, I love the art style of the game and the different mechanics you can use are really fun. I'm really glad I picked this up and will be getting Lara Croft GO if it comes to Playstation :)

Plat # 104

Until Dawn

1Ld98210.png

:platinum: A Symphony of Horror Trophies

You collected all Gold, Silver and Bronze trophies in
Until Dawn

So far this is my favorite game I've played this year, the story and atmosphere was really good. Every choice you make matters and can make the difference of whether that character survives or not, and the results of those choices don't always necessarily happen straight away either. In my first blind play through I managed to keep everyone alive which was very lucky.  

I like that the characters are all varied and have their own traits. From when I started the game this is the characters I liked in order:

1. Sam
  2. Ashley
  3. Matt
  4. Chris
  5. Jessica
  6. Mike
  7. Josh
  8. Emily
  9. Sam's magical super glue towel

However when I finished the game my feelings towards the characters changed to

1. Mike
  2. Sam
  3. Ashley
  4. Emily
  5. Jessica
  6. Matt
  7. Chris
  8. Josh
  9. Sam's magical super glue towel

There is no way that towel would stay up like that in real life! Even if you were running away from a maniac I feel like you wouldn't care if the towel fell why bother wasting energy to keep it held up!

Anyway, great PS4 exclusive, can't wait to see what Supermassive do next! 

I also got this plat for the leap year event :)

Plat # 105

Legends of War

1Ldd1bc5.png

:platinum: Legend of War

Complete all trophies

I was surprised as to how good this was to be honest, it is a really fun turn based strategy game. There is a variety of units to command all with their strengths & weaknesses. It's based around WW2 so the settings are a bit bland but the gameplay really kept me entertained, position your solders to take out enemies or defend your allies it was all really well done. The missions for the most part were easy, I managed to get an heroic victory in almost all of them. Quick & easy plat :)

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone, even if Turn Based Strategies aren't your cup of tea :)

• 2 weeks later...

Plat # 106

L.A. Noire

1Ld59249.png

Collect all other trophies to unlock.

I love detective games so I've always wanted to play this game. It was decent but I don't think it has aged well. A lot of the cases become repetitive and the driving in this game sucks balls. The story was average and I didn't really like the main character Cole Phelps. I really liked the facial animations though and there was plenty of content for me to do.

Overall, decent game just not Rockstar's best :)

Edited by Langy900

Plat # 107

Minecraft: Story Mode

1L809e37.png

:platinum: Chip Off the Old Block

Earned all Trophies

It's a Telltale game so you know what to expect from this game. I played most of it with my little brother as he loves Minecraft, I thought some of the jokes were pretty funny but story wasn't Telltale's best and I didn't really connect with the characters emotionally.

Overall not Telltales best but worth playing as it has it's moments and if you enjoy Minecraft you'll love all the references all world building Telltale have made :)

Plat # 107

Minecraft: Story Mode

1L809e37.png

:platinum: Chip Off the Old Block

Earned all Trophies

It's a Telltale game so you know what to expect from this game. I played most of it with my little brother as he loves Minecraft, I thought some of the jokes were pretty funny but story wasn't Telltale's best and I didn't really connect with the characters emotionally.

Overall not Telltales best but worth playing as it has it's moments and if you enjoy Minecraft you'll love all the references all world building Telltale have made :)

Nice work on platinum #107. To be fair to Telltale, Minecraft doesn't exactly have much source material or lore to build a story from. Unlike The Walking Dead, Borderlands, Game of Thrones, Sam & Max, The Wolf Among Us & Back to the Future. Steve from Minecraft isn't exactly a compelling character. But I hope they did a half-decent job at least?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

So it's been awhile since I've been around here & made any trophy progress. It's been a bit of a rough year for me irl for both good & bad reasons but I'm hoping to get back into the trophy collecting scene & see what I've been missing.

In the meantime here's my latest  :platinum: 's

Plat # 108

Tales from the Borderlands

1L2ee2ae.png

:platinum: We Had Fun, Didn't We?

Complete Tales From The Borderlands

I've had this game in my backlog for awhile, love Telltale games & they are a great way to get back into trophy hunting due to not even having to think about the trophies. This is easily Telltale's most hilarious game by far. I was laughing constantly throughout & there's a lot of twists that keep you hooked & wanting more. The main character having the same name as me (although spelt differently) made me feel like I was more involved aswell haha.

Even if you haven't played a Borderlands game before, if you like Telltale, you will love this entry!

Plat # 109

The Deadly Tower of Monsters

1L295ac2.png

:platinum: Laundry List

Complete all other missions

This game is by far one of my favourites I've played all year (though I haven't had time for many) but even still I would say it's one of the best I've played in a few years aswell. Everything about this game is spot on, it's soo fun to play & it's such a unique game aswell, really refreshing. I loved the whole DVD/commentary theme, this is another game that's kept me laughing throughout. I primarily used the Robot due to his lightning strike & time slow skills, my favourites weapons were the whip, light sword, tesla gun & assault rifle.

If you got this game free with PS+ I strongly recommend you play it, especially if you like top down scrollers.

Not sure what I'll be playing next, most likely catching up on some PS+ games, but we'll see what I am in the mood for :)

Edited by Langy900

Plat # 110

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart

1L744064.png

:platinum: Platinum

Unlock every Trophy

One of the better HOS games I have played, the puzzles are easy & graphics are decent. Really enjoyed it & had no problems at all :)

• 3 years later...

Been awhile, since I've been to this, had some freetime so thought I'd give it an update!

Earned quite a few platinums since my last update, cleared a few from my backlog too. Enjoy reading my latest plats I'm gonna try and keep this updated regularly :)

• 1 month later...