Onslaught mode is extremely unbalanced

I’m going for ‘Gold for Gold’ & ‘World Traveler’ and I’ve finally got my first gold (in a public match). I’d gotten two silvers & a bronze prior but man the amount of RNG is ridiculous. You’re able to take one weapon into the mode (though it’ll be the lowest rarity) and a Field Upgrade. (Ring of Fire & Aether Shroud seem the best, Healing Aura might be alright but seems worse compared to the previously mentioned Field Upgrades). But besides that all the drops are completely random. You get a perk when you kill the Elite (and it’s two split Megatons) but it’s likely it’ll be something awful like Deadshot Daiquiri or Elemental Pop, not the undisputed best perk Juggernog. You can get awful weapons, not get armour until an extremely high wave (Surge) and the HP of Zombies, Plaguehounds & the Megatons become incredibly high extremely quickly. You’ll go from 5 shotting a Megaton to 40+ shots with your gold rarity Sniper just to get it to half health on the very next Megaton spawn. Running out of ammo is extremely common too as you’ll soon burning through 70 LMG rounds just to barely put a dent in a split Megaton. Man this mode is so poorly made... I guess it’s good it’s the only exclusive content this year, and similar to Spec Ops from last years Modern Warfare nobody will care about it five minutes after the initial reveal of the mode.

On 17-12-2020 at 9:17 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

I’m going for ‘Gold for Gold’ & ‘World Traveler’ and I’ve finally got my first gold (in a public match). I’d gotten two silvers & a bronze prior but man the amount of RNG is ridiculous. You’re able to take one weapon into the mode (though it’ll be the lowest rarity) and a Field Upgrade. (Ring of Fire & Aether Shroud seem the best, Healing Aura might be alright but seems worse compared to the previously mentioned Field Upgrades). But besides that all the drops are completely random. You get a perk when you kill the Elite (and it’s two split Megatons) but it’s likely it’ll be something awful like Deadshot Daiquiri or Elemental Pop, not the undisputed best perk Juggernog. You can get awful weapons, not get armour until an extremely high wave (Surge) and the HP of Zombies, Plaguehounds & the Megatons become incredibly high extremely quickly. You’ll go from 5 shotting a Megaton to 40+ shots with your gold rarity Sniper just to get it to half health on the very next Megaton spawn. Running out of ammo is extremely common too as you’ll soon burning through 70 LMG rounds just to barely put a dent in a split Megaton. Man this mode is so poorly made... I guess it’s good it’s the only exclusive content this year, and similar to Spec Ops from last years Modern Warfare nobody will care about it five minutes after the initial reveal of the mode.

Deadshot Daiquiri is the best perk in this mode imo. You don’t need Juggernog in the first 15 rounds. 

Best perks:

Deadshot Daiquiri. (For melting elites.)

Speed Cola. (Faster charging of RoF.)

Juggernog.

Quick Revive.

Elemental Pop.

Stamin-Up. (Useless.)

Yeah, the drops are random. But I always hope they drop in this order ?.

Bring a fully upgraded Gallo shotgun as a starting weapon. Don’t drop it for anything lower than a purple Tier shotgun.

And if you didn’t know by now Ring of Fire Tier III is a ‘must’ in this mode. When activated you do triple damage to Elites while in the Ring.

On 17-12-2020 at 9:56 AM, Elite_Agent_009 said:

How are people having problems with this? If you have all Perks and ring of fire fully upgraded its a pice of cake, try using the gallo shotgun with the last barrel unlock and you can reach gold with your starting loudout. Also zombnies constantly drop ammo, which gives you like 30-40% ammo for both guns you are using.

I agree it was very easy with RoF III and my starting Gallo. Not anymore though. The latest patch definitely made it harder. Zombies take a lot more hits to kill on later rounds. It went from 2-3 hits to like 5-6. (Or maybe they nerved the Gallo?) Same goes for the Elites. The whole fast spawning now also doesn’t help.

Best thing is to play in coop, both with RoF III. Take turns in popping RoF for each Elite encounter, and stick together in the RoF. It will still melt all the Elites, except for the 8th one. So pop two RoF, one each, for the last Elite.

Gallo was nerfed, probably go Hauer now. If you do it solo, the bosses become way easier and the gun will carry you the whole time. The only weapons at that point that I would even consider picking up and using would be purple/gold dualmagnums, M16, or Stoner. Remember that Ring makes it so that you don't have to reload and wayyyy increases your damage output.

• Like 1