the grind is ridiculous and unnecessary

melodicmizery

after finishing everything i still need 456,000 points. and the fastest track to finish is only 1,400 points. so i have to replay the same track roughly 325 times to buy every vehicle. id say this is up there with wolfensteins grind, and spidermans pointless robbery grind. on top of it all this game is very shitty. most monster jam games arent high expectations but do have a little fun in them and not much of a grind, id say this is the worse out of them all

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Property_Damage said:

So, You like racing games with a Long tedious boring grind Do ya

try the NA region of Beach Buggy Racing, ha

its the whole reason why i quit trophy hunting (for now) 

Not sure who you're replying to, but it really wasn't a grind. There's definitely more grindy, tedious racing games out there, as you've stated.

Also, don't give up trophy hunting because of a game? Suppose it depends on how you are about them (100% completionism etc).

1 hour ago, OpenScars said:

Not sure who you're replying to, but it really wasn't a grind. There's definitely more grindy, tedious racing games out there, as you've stated.

Also, don't give up trophy hunting because of a game? Suppose it depends on how you are about them (100% completionism etc).

I was just ranting

im actually pretty sure op played my sarcastic recommendation already

i literally had to replay the fastest track for 3weeks straight for about 5hours each sitting for the trans-siberian railway trophy

meanwhile they patched the EU version to pop much much sooner

Ill get back to my personal trophy hunt One day, im just enjoying a long break from it for now, i was getting burnt out

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 4:15 PM, Property_Damage said:

So, You like racing games with a Long tedious boring grind Do ya

try the NA region of Beach Buggy Racing, ha

its the whole reason why i quit trophy hunting (for now) 

i unfortunately made the mistake of doing all of beach buggy on NA before knowing that the europe version was patched. after a huge grind i was still a hell of a long way to platinum. i eventually bought the europe version and re did everything and grinded the last 2 trophies out in 2 days.

On 12/24/2020 at 4:03 PM, OpenScars said:

Hey, I wrote the guide. It’s not actually too bad.

Just redo the track in the guide for Full Garage. You end up randomly unlocking trucks.

I did a lot of the runs watching something else and holding R2 :P

thanks for your work on the guide, it helped on the collectables and a few misc things. oddly the collectables were one of the more fun things about this game. kinda think if the game was more based on free roam it could of been alot better. i ended up finding out that trucks unlocked randomly when i was down to 3 trucks left. i should of saved my cash longer i could of cut a few hours down possibly lol.

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/12/2020 at 9:03 PM, OpenScars said:

Hey, I wrote the guide. It’s not actually too bad.

Just redo the track in the guide for Full Garage. You end up randomly unlocking trucks.

I did a lot of the runs watching something else and holding R2 :P

Thanks for the guide it was very handy. I picked up the game at launch  it was painful to do wheelie, stoppie and 2 wheel tricks so put it in the backlog. 

Hope u do another 1 for Monster Jam Steel Titans 2 ?

Trophies are below

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Monster-Jam-Steel-Titans-2/achievements

Edited by Bennett316Spurs
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Bennett316Spurs said:

Thanks for the guide it was very handy. I picked up the game at launch  it was painful to do wheelie, stoppie and 2 wheel tricks so put it in the backlog. 

Hope u do another 1 for Monster Jam Steel Titans 2 1f44d.png

Trophies are below

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Monster-Jam-Steel-Titans-2/achievements

Thankyou, glad it helped. Will definitely be getting it, so I'll do the guide too :) 

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Didn't think it was a bad grind, about 5 hours or so of repeating the rhythm map (watched a couple of stand-ups in the meantime), but it is the best way as noted on guide, managed to unlock about 5/6 trucks that way, which cut down a lot of the work. 

Game was not that bad, but the repetitiveness of having just head-to-head, two-wheel and freestyle in the entire last 3 championships was horrendous!! I liked the circuits and the waypoints but didn't get to enjoy them at all for the entire second half... And last championship where I was expecting a true mix of everything, nope, get the same again!!

Rest of the trophies were easy enough, some needed a couple of tries. Shame the money grind is such that you actually can't enjoy any of the other trucks...