Community goals this week

Solarus755

On 11/10/2023 at 10:47 AM, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Are community goals usually not avaliable this time of year? I haven't seen any since i started about a week or so ago.

Last week we had one that completed in a couple of hours. The week prior there was one as well.

Haven't seen any this week and I played about 2 hours after the weekly reset.

The community goal just ended and I did a bit of an experiment since this was my first one, I knew if things counted the trophy would pop so here:
1. Combat bonds gained prior to the start of the event count. (I grinded Thargoid scouts and saved up the bonds from them prior to the start of the community goal)
2. Picking up the Goal mission at a station and then turning in the bonds and finishing at another counts. (I picked it up 430 Ly from Giger Dock, then traveled to Giger Dock, turned in my bonds and waited. Once it finished I logged in, completed the goal and the trophy popped)

On 11/19/2023 at 1:50 PM, Letenko said:

The community goal just ended and I did a bit of an experiment since this was my first one, I knew if things counted the trophy would pop so here:
1. Combat bonds gained prior to the start of the event count. (I grinded Thargoid scouts and saved up the bonds from them prior to the start of the community goal)
2. Picking up the Goal mission at a station and then turning in the bonds and finishing at another counts. (I picked it up 430 Ly from Giger Dock, then traveled to Giger Dock, turned in my bonds and waited. Once it finished I logged in, completed the goal and the trophy popped)

I am not sure if I understood your 2nd point correctly: 

You farm 10 bonds (assuming you get one bond per thargoid) - deliver them at 10 different stations and get the trophy? What exactly do you mean with "turned in my bonds and waited" Waited for what exactly to happen?

35 minutes ago, trophynerd122 said:

I am not sure if I understood your 2nd point correctly: 

You farm 10 bonds (assuming you get one bond per thargoid) - deliver them at 10 different stations and get the trophy? What exactly do you mean with "turned in my bonds and waited" Waited for what exactly to happen?

My post was meant to clear up some misconceptions that you can find online where people said that you have to pick up the community goal and turn it in at the same station + that you have to gain the items needed for the goal AFTER you join the community goal mission.

I was basically just confirming that you can stock up on the needed items (in this case combat bonds) before the community goal even starts on thrusday.

There is no way to avoid doing 10, as every community goal requires you to turn the items in at a specific station. (i.e. Giger Dock last week) so you have no way to trick the game and turn in your items at 10 different stations.

What I meant by "turned in my bonds and waited" is that I picked up the community goal mission at a random station where I was killing Thargoids before the event came up, traveled to where the goal took place (Giger Dock), turned in my bonds and did nothing. I logged into the game every day just to see if Tier 3 of the goal has been met and when it finally did, I just picked my reward from the community goal and the trophy for completing my first community goal popped.

Like I mentioned the reason I did all of this was to test if all the info you see online is true or not, because if it was true (i.e. you have to pick up and finish the community goal at the same station) my trophy wouldn't have popped, that's all.

I specifically avoided using the number 10 to make sure my post won't be misunderstood, but I clearly wasn't clear enough so my apologies.

Should any other clarification be needed let me know.

7 hours ago, Letenko said:

Another event is on at Giger Dock, same story as before - turn in combat bonds.

Any advice for how to quickly get to a point you can tackle the thargoids for this event? We just wrapped our CQC and I'm getting into the game proper now.

5 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Any advice for how to quickly get to a point you can tackle the thargoids for this event? We just wrapped our CQC and I'm getting into the game proper now.

Get credits by mining and use them to get a Thargoid killer ship.

Here is a video I made killing them, ship parts in description:

Edit: forgot to say buy the ship and the parts in the CQC homeworld for a discount. Just make sure you prestige in CQC to get access to it.

Edited by Letenko
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Letenko said:

Once again, the event from last week repeats and unfortunately it's once again about halfway between Tier 2 and Tier 3 at the time of writing.

You pretty much have to already have the xeno bounty ready to turn in on the reset. There are so few players atm that it's adjusting to make sure the event is attainable. It's like the wars in Helldivers. I missed it last week because it completed too fast. I was prepared this week.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

You pretty much have to already have the xeno bounty ready to turn in on the reset. There are so few players atm that it's adjusting to make sure the event is attainable. It's like the wars in Helldivers. I missed it last week because it completed too fast. I was prepared this week.

I found that that the bonds are transferable, unlike bounties, so I leave my Thargoid killer at Asterope permanently. The day before reset, I go there, kill 1 or 2 groups of Thargoids to get the bonds ready and then take my ASP Explorer close to Sol prior to reset. Even though the bonds were gained using a different ship you can still turn them in using another.

I think the event caps are somewhat random. The first or second one lasted a couple of days, even though there were more players. It's just these last two that are either filled fast because players use many bonds, or their cap is lower. We'll see next week. When I turned mine in today, there were just 10 participants.

13 minutes ago, Letenko said:

I found that that the bonds are transferable, unlike bounties, so I leave my Thargoid killer at Asterope permanently. The day before reset, I go there, kill 1 or 2 groups of Thargoids to get the bonds ready and then take my ASP Explorer close to Sol prior to reset. Even though the bonds were gained using a different ship you can still turn them in using another.

I think the event caps are somewhat random. The first or second one lasted a couple of days, even though there were more players. It's just these last two that are either filled fast because players use many bonds, or their cap is lower. We'll see next week. When I turned mine in today, there were just 10 participants.

That's exactly what I did this week as well. Last week I didn't have my ship to kill xenos in time for the reset. That was the only reason I missed it.

5 hours ago, Letenko said:

There might have been another Community Goal that got completed fast, or there might not have been one at all today as I just checked about 7 hours after reset and there is nothing.

Next week, hopefully...

I was able to get a submission in. I'm Pacific time (gmt -8), so the reset happens at 11pm and comes back up around 1130. When it came back up, it was already at 5-10% left. I think when it completed, there were only 14 contributors.

My partner thinks this works like Helldivers. The least amount of playerbase, the less required to complete community goals. 

I tried to load up right at reset, but the servers were offline. It took about 26 minutes before I could even join the world. Even then it took ages to jump from system to system, I even had to reboot the game (I imagine because of the huge influx of people playing).

With that being said there is a Community Goal up, turn in combat bonds at Geiger Dock in Neites. Already past Tier 2 as of the time of writing.

Edit: Currently there is 3 contributors to the goal, including myself. The Global progress shows that a total amount of 2,488,519,930 credits were already turned in. It's just above Tier 2, so I'm not sure if the goal is truly adjusted for a smaller playerbase, as that number is really high already. I think it's just a case of people REALLY stocking up for the Community Goals.

Edited by Letenko

10 hours ago, Letenko said:

I tried to load up right at reset, but the servers were offline. It took about 26 minutes before I could even join the world. Even then it took ages to jump from system to system, I even had to reboot the game (I imagine because of the huge influx of people playing).

With that being said there is a Community Goal up, turn in combat bonds at Geiger Dock in Neites. Already past Tier 2 as of the time of writing.

Edit: Currently there is 3 contributors to the goal, including myself. The Global progress shows that a total amount of 2,488,519,930 credits were already turned in. It's just above Tier 2, so I'm not sure if the goal is truly adjusted for a smaller playerbase, as that number is really high already. I think it's just a case of people REALLY stocking up for the Community Goals.

It's 100% artificial. I've been the first contributor with less than a million credits when the "total" was several billion. Only other (remote) possibility is that PC players contribute to the credit total but are not being counted in # of contributors, but I also think it is unlikely that there are that many PC players still playing legacy. And, by the way, I believe that the goals shown on sites like inara.cz for the non-legacy version are different and typically more varied than simply "kill Thargoids," so I don't think it's likely that is being reflected in console progress at all.

Lastly, although I only have experience with Thargoid scouts, which are worth 80k Cr each, it seems suspect that the total number of credits would end with non-zero values in the tens, hundreds, and even thousands places.

I would love to know what is going on behind the scenes. The Heckdivers comparison is only a hypothesis, but I'm getting more and more convinced that most of the progress simply isn't real.

21 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

It's 100% artificial. I've been the first contributor with less than a million credits when the "total" was several billion. Only other (remote) possibility is that PC players contribute to the credit total but are not being counted in # of contributors, but I also think it is unlikely that there are that many PC players still playing legacy. And, by the way, I believe that the goals shown on sites like inara.cz for the non-legacy version are different and typically more varied than simply "kill Thargoids," so I don't think it's likely that is being reflected in console progress at all.

Lastly, although I only have experience with Thargoid scouts, which are worth 80k Cr each, it seems suspect that the total number of credits would end with non-zero values in the tens, hundreds, and even thousands places.

I would love to know what is going on behind the scenes. The Heckdivers comparison is only a hypothesis, but I'm getting more and more convinced that most of the progress simply isn't real.

It's very possible the Goals are set to appear as half completed already by the devs due to the small amount of players. I haven't killed an interceptor either but like you said, I doubt it wouldn't give a round figure for the bonds.

• 3 months later...