Community goals this week

Solarus755

I know we were promised another 2 years of community goals after the long hiatus from the devs, but there are no community goals this week... Does anybody know if this is just a one time thing, or did I start this game and potentially lock myself out of the plat because the devs are no longer supporting community goals?

1 hour ago, VirtualNight said:

Occasionally no CGs are offered, I saw that happening three times. No need to be worried, they will come back eventually.

If anyone wants, the current CGs can be tracked from here:

https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/

Thanks! This is very reassuring. I was worried about being locked out of a platinum.

22 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

It's Christmas, most of them are on holidays. Just give them a break.    

Oh I have no issues with devs taking time off, it just seems like a pretty simple thing to keep rolling on a weekly basis with minimal effort. Maybe reuse old ones?

Just now, Solarus755 said:

Oh I have no issues with devs taking time off, it just seems like a pretty simple thing to keep rolling on a weekly basis with minimal effort. Maybe reuse old ones?

They can't reuse old once because CGs progress a storyline, which is far from over. They already stated that the storyline will run for 2 years and it would make absolutely no sense to suddenly drop it before the expansion was even released. 

• 1 year later...
On 11/05/2022 at 5:08 PM, Sydoki said:

I'm curious to know what counts as "participating in a community goal". Does simply signing up for one count towards the trophy? Or do you need to make a contribution to the goal for it to count?

You have to sign up, contribute to the goal, then hand it back in at the station that gave the goal once its completed for it to count.

• 4 weeks later...

PSA: this week's CG is the best way to make money! Some even say this is the best way to make money that has ever been available! It involves trading Tritium at an absurd +700% mark!

I myself went from having 3 million to 150 million in about 4 hours - that is with the fact that I've had a little shippy with barely any cargo space and horrible jump distance. The returns go up exponentially! Finish a small trade run > get a better ship > your next run is better > get an even better ship. You get the point.

At the moment of writing this, CG is at 60% completion.

35 minutes ago, quickfoozlle said:

Yuo can get around 120mio. per hour with robigo passenger missions.

As I said, it's exponential. Finished another run in a new Type-9 I got from this CG that took me an hour, for 350m. Of course, it's not a game-changer in any way as there are other ways to make money - but it's a perfect opportunity for newer players such as myself as the entry point is fairly low

I can't imagine a newer player would be able to take on passenger missions right from the get-go

5 hours ago, quickfoozlle said:

350m per hour sounds nice. Will try that after returning from the black hole

Edit: I think I wont be able to try it. Inara says, its reaching 100% tomorrow already.

That's a shame! Does a community goal close when it reaches 100%?

Yes, "if the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately". Sometimes, they add a new tier to extend it a bit. They have done that with one of the anti-xeno cg a few weeks ago, but it doesnt look like they plan on doing the same here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quickfoozlle said:

Yes, "if the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately". Sometimes, they add a new tier to extend it a bit. They have done that with one of the anti-xeno cg a few weeks ago, but it doesnt look like they plan on doing the same here.

That's a real shame! I can see why they wouldn't want to extend it, but I wish it would run for at least one more day

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/22/2022 at 7:29 AM, mikeandleanne12 said:

Looking to buy this game but just found out about community goals being an issue. Can someone confirm that there are no community goals anymore for the ps4 version?

thank you 

Not sure if you found your answer, but the devs are now recycling the old CGs for legacy console players specifically so people can still get trophies/achievements. Very cool of them.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
10 minutes ago, Letenko said:

Anyone know if just joining the event will count? I just started and the event requires you to kill high level enemies that I don't have the weapons to deal with.

Unfortunately it doesn't. You have to perform at least one required action for it to count. You can check whether you've done so or not when you look at a CG rewards section. IIRC the rewards are broken down into Tiers - with the bottom tier being "no participation"; you'd likely see yourself in that tier if you've only joined a CG.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Unfortunately it doesn't. You have to perform at least one required action for it to count. You can check whether you've done so or not when you look at a CG rewards section. IIRC the rewards are broken down into Tiers - with the bottom tier being "no participation"; you'd likely see yourself in that tier if you've only joined a CG.

Well shoot. Thank you for confirming. Guess I'll have to sit this one out until I can get weapons that can take down a Thargoid.