Should I restart?

mikem192

I have heard a lot about glitches and bugs but not much specifics so I’m probably just being over cautious here.

Basically I started the side mission with the ‘Raid lovers wife’ and couldn’t figure out how to light the fire so I just abandoned the mission and cracked on. 

I’m now in England very early on (9hrs played) and was panicking I’ve messed up the blue dot area for that mission back in Norway and wondered would it effect me later on?

I’m playing on PS5 and have no reason to believe I can’t go back and carry on with the mission but I also don’t won’t to waste another 60-70 hours to find out 

Anybody started missions and gone back to them no issue? Are the glitches still around? 

Amazing game so far though, restarting wouldn’t be much of an issue but I also want to crack on ?

AC games are generally pretty buggy. Its never advised to start a mission and not finish it.

Especially with the large number of collectibles as well in the game. See if you can go back to that mission and complete it and then move on. The problem id imagine if you keep doing this, is that NPCs will often walk and some do not have trackers so you might lose where they went

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trini said:

I'm currently playing on ps5 and I've encountered little to no bugs/glitches. Thankfully it isn't the buggy mess that it was at launch but there are still minor issues here and there, I won't worry much about it though. 

Same here. Not too many bugs or glitches to speak of so far - I did have one world event bug out on me when I had to be anonymous to complete it (and I very much was) so I saved the game and loaded it up and it fixed the issue. I imagine this should fix most of the problems.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm playing it on PS5, and today i think i faced my first bug. there is a side quest The Pardoner's Tale that shows in the map but when i go to its location i find no one. I searched it and it appears that someone must be setting their and it also appears i'm the only one with this issue cause i found no one complaning about it. so i plan to keep playing and come later to see if its there or no 

• 2 months later...

I'm also ps5 user, but got bug with one mystery in Rygjalfyke. During 'A desperate Bounty' npc died and now is always dead no matter how i restart game, change sex or quit to animus. I can't restart this quest and assuming 130+ hours of cleaning map I'm not going to start over again. 

I'm currently playing it on the PS5.  I've come across many bugs but most of them are fixed by closing out of the game or by reloading a previous saved game.  The latest Ysane, Cynewulf & Kitt Musicians Locations Falling Stars Lunden Mysteries as I have read/talked to the kids in the square but when I go to the locations of the 3 musicians none of them are there. Any one have any ideas?

Also, the main story problem is in the quest Gunnar and Brigid Wedding. I talk to Gunnar and select "talk about my wedding" and it goes into a cutscene. I end up on top of a cliff and supposed to go talk to Randvi and but can't talk to her or anyone else in the area.  Am I missing something? Anyone have any ideas on this one?

14 hours ago, motojontko said:

I'm also ps5 user, but got bug with one mystery in Rygjalfyke. During 'A desperate Bounty' npc died and now is always dead no matter how i restart game, change sex or quit to animus. I can't restart this quest and assuming 130+ hours of cleaning map I'm not going to start over again. 

Sorry to hear that, checkt reddit and this is a known bug but Ubisoft regrets till today to fix it, i would just wait a few months, maybe they will do.

Honestly thats the reason i did an Manual Save before every territory and completet it 100% (within the Story in it) so everything is complete and i did'nt have to go back again. I would recommend that to everyone who are still playing and completing