Best PS4 Shmups.

SignosisX

For many years i've been a fan of shmups (sometimes referred to as Shoot'em'ups or STG's) and some of my favourite Platinum Trophies I've earned have been from the genre.

If your looking for some of the best shumps on the PS4 you need to buy all the M2 ShotTrigger games, they are among the best on any console and are easy Plats.

Battle Garegga, ESP RaDe, Sorcer Striker (MAHOU DAISAKUSEN), Dangun Feveron, Ketsui Deathtiny and the recent Aleste Collection (which I've just finished a guide and menu translation for, just waiting for a review).

Ghost Blade HD was a slightly more tricky Plat but still very obtainable once you get used to the game, which I really enjoyed too.

Hard as nails shmups that I doubt I'll get 100% on but highly recommend are Ikaruga, R-Type Dimensions and Sine Mora.  NeoGeo had three absolute classics that are available on the ACA Arcade Archive range (easy 100%), Aero Fighters 2, Blazing Star and Pulstar.

Have I missed any great shumps you would recommend?

• Like 1

On 29/01/2021 at 11:56 PM, BrandedBerserk said:

Dariusburst and Jamestown are my two personal favorites.  Stardust galaxy warriors is probably the most underrated one but still great.  

Two great shmups, i've got Jamestown on Switch and Darius Cozmic Collection, that's worth it for Darius Gaiden.

Dariusburst looks great, it's always quite expensive though so I'm waiting for a sale.

• 3 weeks later...