Trophy thoughts/game discussion

CaptainJeff87

23 hours ago, Pelotedeneige said:

There are more than 2 conversations. I killed someone with Joe when he tries to know more about his daughter and 1 or 2 with Frank (one telling me I won't have the guts considering how he hurt Frank in the past). To be sure you will kill the person you are speaking with, always choose the most agressive answer (talk to me or else ... I am gonna hurt you if you don't cooperate, dialogues like that).

Thanks for the info.

I've run through the game again and and gotta up to the end of Spider's level in the prison.

So far I have killed 3 people in conversations; 2 with Joe and 1 with Frank.

Two NPC's I didn't get a choice to kill. One was with Joe (the manager of the boxing ring) and Spider (the prisoner). So I think Im good so far.

On 12/2/2021 at 0:06 AM, wardragon989 said:

Thanks for the info.

I've run through the game again and and gotta up to the end of Spider's level in the prison.

So far I have killed 3 people in conversations; 2 with Joe and 1 with Frank.

Two NPC's I didn't get a choice to kill. One was with Joe (the manager of the boxing ring) and Spider (the prisoner). So I think Im good so far.

Are you experienced any crash? 

7 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Are you experienced any crash? 

Are you referring to loading a save on the last level? Kind of?

I've died loads of time during the final level, start and mid-checkpoint. The game loads and completes as it should.

I did think about being clever and reloading a mid-checkpoint to get the four end level trophies which I did have to close the game for. Everytime I went through the door to Mara the title crashed. I assume that might be the one you/someone mentioned in this thread having.

I've created a save at the choice point (where you have to choose Joe, Spider, and Frank) and it loads fine so far.

-

No Witness Update

• Went through the game again, seemingly much easier now I have a method down
  • In total I killed 5 people in conversations (2 with Joe, 1 with Frank and 1 with Spider + Final Boss)
  • There was only two people I couldn't kill in conversations (As Joe - his boxing ring manger / As Spider - the prisoner (seemingly I left him in there but couldn't kill him)
  • It didn't unlock so I must be doing something stupid somewhere =/
  • According to the trophy percentage someone got it so it is obtainable
Edited by wardragon989
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi.  I've been keeping my eye on the official psn platinum % for the past couple of months and it appears that every week people are somehow continuing to get the platinum, yet no one on psnprofiles has it still. Does anyone know how this is possible?  It seems pretty futile to attempt another 'No Witness' run, especially without any updates from the developer or publisher about the requirements to unlock it.

22 hours ago, D-Maestro said:

Hi.  I've been keeping my eye on the official psn platinum % for the past couple of months and it appears that every week people are somehow continuing to get the platinum, yet no one on psnprofiles has it still. Does anyone know how this is possible?  It seems pretty futile to attempt another 'No Witness' run, especially without any updates from the developer or publisher about the requirements to unlock it.

PSNProfiles is a sign-up site. So it's not directly linked with every official PS player. The people who have the platinum more then likely have not signed up for the site.

The main issue with 'No Witness' is that there is no research outside what I've posted above. There isn't enough trophy hunters playing this game in general, collecting all the information, discussing and finding the answer. I could be missing something completely obvious in my runs but I will never know because there is no discussions about it. I've looked up; Steam Discussions, Xbox Achievements sites, YouTube videos but I turn up empty.

I have a few other games at the moment so I can't really focus doing a 3rd/4th run as much as I hope (Im gonna try this weekend). I've been recording everything this time so I should be able to see if I melee'd instead of killed someone.

On 06/04/2021 at 11:04 PM, D-Maestro said:

Good news. I got the trophy.

I removed my save file, started fresh and repeated the same steps I posted above but made sure, absouletly sure, that everyone had been killed by a gun. I reloaded a lot of checkpoints. As of note 5 People were killed in conversations; 2 with Joe, 1 with Frank and 1 with Spider + Mara (Final).

Got the platinum and this game is now a wrap :)

Edited by wardragon989
  • Like 1

@wardragon989 Well done and congrats on being the first one here to get the platinum!  Thanks for all the effort you put into this,  I bet you're like a complete expert on the game by now lol.  I will definitely be going back to get this one finished up for sure. :D

Edited by D-Maestro

On 10/04/2021 at 1:41 PM, D-Maestro said:

@wardragon989 Well done and congrats on being the first one here to get the platinum!  Thanks for all the effort you put into this,  I bet you're like a complete expert on the game by now lol.  I will definitely be going back to get this one finished up for sure. :D

Thanks man. I also see you got the trophy too and the platinum. Congrats :D

@Wardragon989 Thank you my friend!  As you said, that's a wrap!

To future hunters...

The 'No Witness' run has a little bit of a learning curve but becomes much easier once you get the hang of it and get a rhythm going.  Most of the time you can do room by room and be good without alerting enemies in nearby rooms. Other times you might need to improvise. Here are some tips I can give...

#1 Take your time and learn the patrol routes of all enemies.  There are lots of opportunities for a quick/quiet elimination.
#2 Conserve as much ammo as possible by whittling down enemy health with melee.  Make sure to melee enemies from the front as to not do a 'sneak attack' from behind that ends with a knock out(If you do any k.o. then restart the checkpoint).
#3 Be sure to deal with enemies based on level of threat.  What this means is to disable security cams, smash all robots with melee only(rocket bots, machine gun bots, laser turrets, floating mines), then armored machine gun guards, shotgun guards, pistol guards, armored baton guards and regular baton guards.  If things go awry you can still always run, melee and gun.
#4 Corner method - You can stand behind an object or wall that gives you cover and a have a chance to melee / shoot enemies that are just around the corner while protecting your health at the same time.
#5 If you're fairly confident in your skills, then wait as long as possible before activating a checkpoint so you won't have to do much in case you do mess up.
#6.Use your character specific abilites to the best of your advantage.  Frank's stun gun, Joe's rush ability and Spider's shock grenade can get you out of a bind effectively.

#7 Always grab the upgrade kit and be sure to spend points on more % ammo drops.  It helps with rng but not for Frank though, you gotta be lucky with him.

As stated in previous posts, be sure to kill those 5 people after the conversation at the end of the level.

Hopefully these tips help anyone attempting to go for the platinum.  It's a rather enjoyable game once you learn the mechanics.  Good luck!! :)

Edited by D-Maestro
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

@wardragon989

Congrats!! Any tips for the kill run? 

Of course;

• Frank/Joe have the worse at getting ammo pickups. Spider is pretty much the best.
    • Joe and Spider have upgrades to increase the drop rate
  • Your goal during a Frank or Joe level is to always be aware of your ammo;
    • Before triggering the checkpoint if your ammo is lower then roughly 10 restart the level
      • Preferably save at a checkpoint if you've cleared the area before the checkpoint and you have 12/14 ammo
    • Restarting will force the RNG to eventually be on your side
      • Example: If you face 3 to 5 enemies, and after you kill them and you get 1 ammo drop. You need to restart the checkpoint, until the RNG is more favourable. Normally if I get 3 to 4 ammo drops the other enemies will drop more ammo in the level
  • General
    • Melee enemies and wear down their health points before causing the fatal shot
      • Melee attacking from the behind and front causes different amount of damage
    • Drag enemies away from other ones before killing them in private
  • Enemy Types
    • Remember to prioitise enemies by type
      • If you encounter a room with four enemies (3 melee, 1 gun) remove the gun wielder first
      • Remove smaller enemies where possible so pathways are more apparant to hit others
    • Melee enemies
      • Can be kited and dragged away from areas so you can kill them away from others
      • They should cause no issue
    • Terminator with assasult rifle
      • Avoid them. Normally last on the list unless in a group room
      • Multiple Melee attacks from front until their health is about 2 to 4, then I shoot them
    • Shotgun
      • Second worst
      • Normally take 2 melee hits from the front then a shot.

I'm planning to post something this weekend in more detail which should helpin more detail :)

@D-Maestro also posted some info above. Might help.

Edited by wardragon989
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Any tip for the double kill with one shotgun blast? I tried few times but nothing

nevermind got it

Ha sorry for not seeing this sooner. Just finalising some of the guide xD

The shotgun one was honestly the toughest mainly because of the shotgun being really ineffecient with two people next to each other. I decided the best course was to get get them to move to a specific area, go to the far corner and just hopfully shoot and hit both of them with the spread. I got lucky but glad you got it! Did you have the same tactics?

Edited by wardragon989
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, wardragon989 said:

Ha sorry for not seeing this sooner. Just finalising some of the guide xD

The shotgun one was honestly the toughest mainly because of the shotgun being really ineffecient with two people next to each other. I decided the best course was to get get them to move to a specific area, go to the far corner and just hopfully shoot and hit both of them with the spread. I got lucky but glad you got it! Did you have the same tactics?

Yep, but after a lot of tries I decided to run around two enemies and keep shooting. 

For the final level who is the best in your opinion? 

9 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Yep, but after a lot of tries I decided to run around two enemies and keep shooting. 

For the final level who is the best in your opinion? 

If its for the other endings I always choose Spider she quick enough.

Her cloak is a lifesaver.

If you're going for the Kill All, Spider her ability drops a lot more ammo if you abuse the save reload.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wardragon989 said:

If its for the other endings I always choose Spider she quick enough.

Her cloak is a lifesaver.

If you're going for the Kill All, Spider her ability drops a lot more ammo if you abuse the save reload.

Thanks!! 

I'm struggling (in my kill all run) in the 14th level with Spider, any advice? 

1 hour ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Thanks!! 

I'm struggling (in my kill all run) in the 14th level with Spider, any advice? 

Outside of the advice I gave above I don't think I could give much.

With Spider I do the following;

• Abilities
    • Ensure I have her ability to shoot while cloaked
    • Cause more ammo and energy to drop, ammo being the prioirty
  • Tactics
    • Cloak
      • The cloak should only be used for two methods;
        • You've messed up badly and need to save yourself
          • Remember if you've messed up and you have the shoot while cloaked ensure you use it to your advantage.
        • Use it as a part of a multikill takedown
    • Ammo - Checkpoint
      • Reload your checkpoint until she get her ammo drop
      • Ever new level I was at 100 ammo with her machine gun
    • Enemies
      • Melee
        • I generally try to always wear the enemy down to two point of health. That means a quick tap of the trigger button (so you only shoot 2 shots)
          • Melee, back up, melee then if their health is two points or less shoot two shots
      • Sometimes I had to long shot, basically if one enemy (red jacket with pistol) is standing but a partolling enemy is nearby. I would shoot all the way across the room
        • When you gain 100+ shots you have some leeway but I use the above tactic sparingly
      • Melee enemies can be lured away along with luring other melee away.
      • In heavy areas if you do the crouch (due to the surrounding AI) you actually gain momentary slow down of characters this helped with my reaction time
      • Don't forget to drag bodies - This helps a lot in some areas
  • Like 1

On 26/4/2021 at 11:30 PM, wardragon989 said:

Outside of the advice I gave above I don't think I could give much.

With Spider I do the following;

• Abilities
    • Ensure I have her ability to shoot while cloaked
    • Cause more ammo and energy to drop, ammo being the prioirty
  • Tactics
    • Cloak
      • The cloak should only be used for two methods;
        • You've messed up badly and need to save yourself
          • Remember if you've messed up and you have the shoot while cloaked ensure you use it to your advantage.
        • Use it as a part of a multikill takedown
    • Ammo - Checkpoint
      • Reload your checkpoint until she get her ammo drop
      • Ever new level I was at 100 ammo with her machine gun
    • Enemies
      • Melee
        • I generally try to always wear the enemy down to two point of health. That means a quick tap of the trigger button (so you only shoot 2 shots)
          • Melee, back up, melee then if their health is two points or less shoot two shots
      • Sometimes I had to long shot, basically if one enemy (red jacket with pistol) is standing but a partolling enemy is nearby. I would shoot all the way across the room
        • When you gain 100+ shots you have some leeway but I use the above tactic sparingly
      • Melee enemies can be lured away along with luring other melee away.
      • In heavy areas if you do the crouch (due to the surrounding AI) you actually gain momentary slow down of characters this helped with my reaction time
      • Don't forget to drag bodies - This helps a lot in some areas

Finished the game, I am completely sure I've killed everyone but no trophy... 

2 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Finished the game, I am completely sure I've killed everyone but no trophy... 

Oof. I know that pain all too well.

Unfortunately this means that you will have to do another one (this game is super unforgiving). Basically somewhere you must have either knocked out someone or an robot explosion near someone knocked them out.

If and when you do your second playthrough do the following;

• For peace of mind, upload your current save to the cloud. Delete the one on your hard drive and start the kill run fresh
  • Before advancing to the next section of the level, double check every body single body.
    • A telltale sign someone has died is the blood splat near them, if one doesn't have that it means they weren't killed
  • Remember as well you have to kill the people during cutscenes 5 in total (Mira at the end is included)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wardragon989 said:

Oof. I know that pain all too well.

Unfortunately this means that you will have to do another one (this game is super unforgiving). Basically somewhere you must have either knocked out someone or an robot explosion near someone knocked them out.

If and when you do your second playthrough do the following;

• For peace of mind, upload your current save to the cloud. Delete the one on your hard drive and start the kill run fresh
  • Before advancing to the next section of the level, double check every body single body.
    • A telltale sign someone has died is the blood splat near them, if one doesn't have that it means they weren't killed
  • Remember as well you have to kill the people during cutscenes 5 in total (Mira at the end is included)

I will try now, put too much effort on this game to give up now. 

Yep 5 people during conversation 

Sometimes I destroyed robots with the Joe Grenade is fine right? 

I use him in the final level, his health regeneration is very helpful and the shotgun is much stronger