Trophy thoughts/game discussion

CaptainJeff87

I'm a few levels into the game and for the most part it's good especially if you are a fan of the Metal Gear series

I love that upgrades aren't permanent so you can choose what suits you best before going into each level

My only issues so far is clicking the L3 button brings up the menu which can interfere with combat if you get caught because you'll likely press it by accident and get killed or at the very least lose a lot of health. Stealth seems inconsistent because if even if you're hiding in the shadows you still get caught (but maybe I'm doing it wrong)

As for the trophy list looks like it's pretty straight-forward and will require at least two playthroughs (one for killing everyone and one for not killing everyone)

A couple of the trophies are glitched but in a good way because I got Ghost and Invincible despite getting caught and damaged

Thoughts? 

Edited by CaptainJeff87

I received a code of the game earlier to write a guide at first. I started a run and tried to kill everyone. It is a very hard trophy to get but for the bad reasons. Most of the time, you don't have enough ammo even if you are very diligent by killing with one shot and not missing one bullet. I cannot count how many times I had to restart a checkpoint in spite of clearing a large area just because I was too short on supplies. To succeed you don't have to rely on your skill only but on the RNG too and it is very frustrating. Not only that but you have to kill EVERY mob. Not for the trophy per se because it requires to eliminate only humans but by doing so you will be loud and will alert them so most of the time, you have to get rid of the drones, robots etc ... (with melee attack of course because you have to save your ammo). And the only way to do all of that is to use your ranged weapon because all of your skills are non-lethal.

I had the opportunity to talk about it with the devs on Twitter via PM who told me that they unlocked the trophy only once to make sure it is possible and inlcuded it after achieving it (it is the hardest of the list according to them). But they had it with luck and RNG and it will be the same for us. Clearly, the game is not design for killing everyone and the experience is stealth oriented so this trophy is harder than it should be. Unless people are complaining about it on the forums here and there to make them rebalanced the drop of ammo, it will be a real pain.

I was about to unlock the trophy but I had a save corruption at the very last level that prevented me from succeeding. I am waiting for a patch to fix this. But be prepared to struggle a lot.

Edited by Pelotedeneige
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pelotedeneige said:

I received a code of the game earlier to write a guide at first. I started a run and tried to kill everyone. It is a very hard trophy to get but for the bad reasons. Most of the time, you don't have enough ammo even if you are very diligent by killing with one shot and not missing one bullet. I cannot count how many times I had to restart a checkpoint in spite of clearing a large area just because I was too short on supplies. To succeed you don't have to rely on your skill only but on the RNG too and it is very frustrating. Not only that but you have to kill EVERY mob. Not for the trophy per se because it requires to eliminate only humans but by doing so you will be loud and will alert them so most of the time, you have to get rid of the drones, robots etc ... (with melee attack of course because you have to save your ammo). And the only way to do all of that is to use your ranged weapon because all of your skills are non-lethal.

I had the opportunity to talk about it with the devs on Twitter via PM who told me that they unlocked the trophy only once to make sure it is possible and inlcuded it after achieving it (it is the hardest of the list according to them). But they had it with luck and RNG and it will be the same for us. Clearly, the game is not design for killing everyone and the experience is stealth oriented so this trophy is harder than it should be. Unless people are complaining about it on the forums here and there to make them rebalanced the drop of ammo, it will be a real pain.

I was about to unlock the trophy but I had a save corruption at the very last level that prevented me from succeeding. I am waiting for a patch to fix this. But be prepared to struggle a lot.

Yeah it intially seems straightforward but the you realize that killing everyone sounds like too big of a pain. It seems like a bad trophy. 

Hopefully they add a way to kill people on the ground. If not, I'm not doing this platinum. 

Yeah, that would be nice. Because, for example, Joe's grenade is useless in that run as it stuns the mobs and don't kill them. A finisher with the closed range weapon would be a way to go.

And I didn't mention the fact that once the enemies spot you, they fire with a 100 % accuracy and they spam their bullets without having to reload. It's not like Hotline Miami which allows you to shoot while moving and hoping to get away with it. If you are spotted you will be hit at least once at best or killed very fast at worst.

1 hour ago, Pelotedeneige said:

Yeah it would've been nice to have a lethal skill or at the very least a silencer for your gun 

RNG is def a pain though especially if you're out of energy and manage to take out a mob you're lucky if they drop an energy pickup 

Thanks for the heads-up about the save file corruption, I'll shelve this for now and wait for a patch 

How long would you say the game is? I did the first two levels with the detective and three levels with Joe and now am back to the first character

20 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

After the release with the latest patch available 

Ok, because I have been on their Discord to talk to them about the problem and they answered me that the saves prior to the patch are not compatible with the latest patch. But obviously they lied or are incompetent and don't know where the problem comes from. I went on their Twitter account after reading your message and apparently a person informed them he/she has the same problem than us on Xbox. Not sure they are going to fix this.

9 hours ago, Pelotedeneige said:

Ok, because I have been on their Discord to talk to them about the problem and they answered me that the saves prior to the patch are not compatible with the latest patch. But obviously they lied or are incompetent and don't know where the problem comes from. I went on their Twitter account after reading your message and apparently a person informed them he/she has the same problem than us on Xbox. Not sure they are going to fix this.

I Reloaded a save before starting the final mission and same crash appear just a moment before talking to Mara. 

1 hour ago, Pelotedeneige said:

Same problem happened to me at the very same level. If anyone is reading this, try to beat the final level without quitting the game. Although someone unlocked all the achievements regarding Mara which means he had to reload his save after reaching her. It's seeems not everyone is affected by the crash.

From start to finish without quitting? 

Because in the second try I quit only in the first floor 

11 hours ago, Pelotedeneige said:

Same problem happened to me at the very same level. If anyone is reading this, try to beat the final level without quitting the game. Although someone unlocked all the achievements regarding Mara which means he had to reload his save after reaching her. It's seeems not everyone is affected by the crash.

I did because I backed up my save right before the last "encounter" with her. I am so glad I did because my save corrupted there at the end. So I just reloaded my old save to get all of her trophies. My save corrupted every single time except for one of the endings. I can't remember which. 

44 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

I did because I backed up my save right before the last "encounter" with her. I am so glad I did because my save corrupted there at the end. So I just reloaded my old save to get all of her trophies. My save corrupted every single time except for one of the endings. I can't remember which. 

Same here and the game keeps crashing at the final cutscene. 

The trophies for killed everyone and spare everyone , when it should pop? At the ending credits? 

16 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Same here and the game keeps crashing at the final cutscene. 

The trophies for killed everyone and spare everyone , when it should pop? At the ending credits? 

The one for sparing people popped for me after the other ending trophies. I don't remember when. But it only popped for me on the ending where my game didn't corrupt because the game corrupts before that sparing all or killing all trophy has a chance to pop.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

The one for sparing people popped for me after the other ending trophies. I don't remember when. But it only popped for me on the ending where my game didn't corrupt because the game corrupts before that sparing all or killing all trophy has a chance to pop.

Yep exactly what I Said, the problem is that the crash prevents the trophy to pop

On 2/1/2021 at 6:58 PM, Pelotedeneige said:

That's a shame since I've been enjoying the game

Hopefully this gets addressed soon

So I've been going through this at the moment. Everything is pretty good and finished the no kill run.

The biggest issue I'm finding is the Kill All Trophy. The RNG drop on ammo is absolutely ridiculous. I went through a level with Frank; he starts with 18 shots (which is good) but I left the level with 1 bullet. None of the 17 enemies inlcuding robots dropped any ammo at all.

I know Joe's ability allows more ammo drops but damn.

2 hours ago, wardragon989 said:

So I've been going through this at the moment. Everything is pretty good and finished the no kill run.

The biggest issue I'm finding is the Kill All Trophy. The RNG drop on ammo is absolutely ridiculous. I went through a level with Frank; he starts with 18 shots (which is good) but I left the level with 1 bullet. None of the 17 enemies inlcuding robots dropped any ammo at all.

I know Joe's ability allows more ammo drops but damn.

Not sure if it'd be possible or not but it'd be helpful to address this in a future patch

I haven't tried my no kill run yet but from what everyone is saying RNG makes it harder than it has to be

Maybe they could patch it so ammo pickups are a little more common

I may have some bad news about the 'Kill All Trophy' I went through the entire game killing everyone and I didn't get it.

During the run;

• Killed: Every type of human
  • Destroyed using the melee: Only robots

Every level I made sure everyone was dead before advancing levels. I really hope robots aren't meant to be counted.

Edited by wardragon989

15 hours ago, wardragon989 said:

I may have some bad news about the 'Kill All Trophy' I went through the entire game killing everyone and I didn't get it.

During the run;

• Killed: Every type of human
  • Destroyed using the melee: Only robots

Every level I made sure everyone was dead before advancing levels. I really hope robots aren't meant to be counted.

Did you kill everyone when talking to people during the cutscenes ? Because it might come from that. I don't know for sure but I think you have to kill people you had conversation with. That also means that the person you are talking to in prison has to stay there. If you bring him back to your place, he is considered as rescued and should void the trophy.

8 hours ago, Pelotedeneige said:

Did you kill everyone when talking to people during the cutscenes ? Because it might come from that. I don't know for sure but I think you have to kill people you had conversation with. That also means that the person you are talking to in prison has to stay there. If you bring him back to your place, he is considered as rescued and should void the trophy.

So I chatted with the devs on Twitter. They said to be Robots don't count but as you mentioned people you have conversations with do.

So yeah kill all people in conversations as well as everyone in the game (except robots). I think there are only 2 in conversations? The guy you can save in prison and the final one.

I think I missed the guy in prison, as I auto selected the options which save him ha. Ah well time to do it all over again :P

Edited by wardragon989

There are more than 2 conversations. I killed someone with Joe when he tries to know more about his daughter and 1 or 2 with Frank (one telling me I won't have the guts considering how he hurt Frank in the past). To be sure you will kill the person you are speaking with, always choose the most agressive answer (talk to me or else ... I am gonna hurt you if you don't cooperate, dialogues like that).

• Like 1