Should your Leech Hunter rewards be saved over your clear file or on a brand new slot?

dieselmanchild

I decided to play a few minutes of Leech Hunter before getting off for the night, and I noticed it asked me to save my progress afterwards.

Should this progress be saved on a fresh slot, or over top of the Clear Save it originates from?

The guide isn’t really clear on this and I want to make sure I don’t lose my Clear Save, and that all the bonuses I unlocked in LH will carry over into subsequent playthroughs.

2 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I decided to play a few minutes of Leech Hunter before getting off for the night, and I noticed it asked me to save my progress afterwards.

Should this progress be saved on a fresh slot, or over top of the Clear Save it originates from?

The guide isn’t really clear on this and I want to make sure I don’t lose my Clear Save, and that all the bonuses I unlocked in LH will carry over into subsequent playthroughs.

1 hour ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Save in any spot you want until you get all the leeches.

If you intend to go for all the leeches and you unlock the infinite ammo as a result then you will be using the save that you created with the leech hunter completion on it. 

Just as Fresh said but know the leech hunter mode mode is as hard as you first beat the game on, so if you play on normal it will be set to normal mode leech hunter and if you played on hard it will be the same but on easy it will be easy but you won't get any of the unlockables

10 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Save in any spot you want until you get all the leeches.

If you intend to go for all the leeches and you unlock the infinite ammo as a result then you will be using the save that you created with the leech hunter completion on it. 

Thank you for responding quickly but I’m still a little confused. 

Just to clarify, you’re saying that I should be saving my LH progress in a fresh slot, and then loading that saved data (completed Leech Hunter data) for my subsequent runs through the game? Rather than loading my Clear Save file for “Once Again” mode?

9 hours ago, KANERKB said:

Just as Fresh said but know the leech hunter mode mode is as hard as you first beat the game on, so if you play on normal it will be set to normal mode leech hunter and if you played on hard it will be the same but on easy it will be easy but you won't get any of the unlockables

Yes I am aware of this, thank you! My first run of the game was on Easy while I focused on all the misc trophies, then I completed a 2nd run yesterday on Normal in preparation for Leech Hunter. The Clear Save I was referring to was on Normal difficulty so I can unlock the rewards.

I managed to get the Rocket Launcher on my 2nd run so no matter what my subsequent playthroughs are going to be fun! My plan is to do Wesker mode, No save Run, and Healing runs with both the rocket and infinite magnum ??

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Thank you for responding quickly but I’m still a little confused. 

Just to clarify, you’re saying that I should be saving my LH progress in a fresh slot, and then loading that saved data (completed Leech Hunter data) for my subsequent runs through the game? Rather than loading my Clear Save file for “Once Again” mode?

Yes I am aware of this, thank you! My first run of the game was on Easy while I focused on all the misc trophies, then I completed a 2nd run yesterday on Normal in preparation for Leech Hunter. The Clear Save I was referring to was on Normal difficulty so I can unlock the rewards.

I managed to get the Rocket Launcher on my 2nd run so no matter what my subsequent playthroughs are going to be fun! My plan is to do Wesker mode, No save Run, and Healing runs with both the rocket and infinite magnum 1f4aa.png1f4aa.png

Yes use your completed Leech Hunter save file for subsequent runs. Keeping in mind it will only be useful for the non difficulty trophies as Leech Hunter is tied to the difficulty you completed the save file on. Oh and whatever you do, do not play Leech Hunter again on the same save as it will overwrite your progress if you save over the completed Leech Hunter save.

I saved my last trophy in Leech Hunter to be the one for collecting all the leeches and escaping. This way you never have any leftover leech hunter trophies to risk overwriting your save with.

5 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Yes use your completed Leech Hunter save file for subsequent runs. Keeping in mind it will only be useful for the non difficulty trophies as Leech Hunter is tied to the difficulty you completed the save file on. Oh and whatever you do, do not play Leech Hunter again on the same save as it will overwrite your progress if you save over the completed Leech Hunter save.

I saved my last trophy in Leech Hunter to be the one for collecting all the leeches and escaping. This way you never have any leftover leech hunter trophies to risk overwriting your save with.

Thanks for clarifying that, this shit is confusing as hell!

I was skimming through a Leech Hunter guide earlier after I posted the above question, and at the end the guy actually overwrites his Clear Save file. So I guess LH can actually be saved over top of the Clear Save it originates from after all... Just to be safe, I saved mine on a fresh slot like you advised, because I only had one Normal Clear Save and didn’t want to risk it.

My last Leech Hunter related trophy is for escaping with 50 of only one colour leech. I didn’t realize playing it again will overwrite my progress, so thank you for the warning. ?

I also have a Clear Save file from my first Easy mode run. Should I just get my last Leech Hunter trophy on that file instead? That way it wouldn’t overwrite my progress on Normal difficulty, not to mention it would be way easier and I could probably just breeze through it.

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Thanks for clarifying that, this shit is confusing as hell!

I was skimming through a Leech Hunter guide earlier after I posted the above question, and at the end the guy actually overwrites his Clear Save file. So I guess LH can actually be saved over top of the Clear Save it originates from after all... Just to be safe, I saved mine on a fresh slot like you advised, because I only had one Normal Clear Save and didn’t want to risk it.

My last Leech Hunter related trophy is for escaping with 50 of only one colour leech. I didn’t realize playing it again will overwrite my progress, so thank you for the warning. 1f64f.png

I also have a Clear Save file from my first Easy mode run. Should I just get my last Leech Hunter trophy on that file instead? That way it wouldn’t overwrite my progress on Normal difficulty, not to mention it would be way easier and I could probably just breeze through it.

That's the best plan of action. Get the last leech hunter trophy on the easy save slot. Continue grinding out speedrun/no herb/spray trophies on the completed leech hunter save.

11 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

That's the best plan of action. Get the last leech hunter trophy on the easy save slot. Continue grinding out speedrun/no herb/spray trophies on the completed leech hunter save.

Gotcha! Thank you for all your advice my friend. I am very confident I’ll be finished this game within a few days now. ?

• Like 1

I made this trophy in the difficult Hard and although it was complicated I managed to manage the ammunition well between the parties. For example, if the shotgun was left with ammo, I saved it for the last part and so I kept the Grenade Launcher Acid and Normal. The videos helped me a lot, an advice kill the mimicry marcus with the acid weapon and use the SMG only after, go for me, I managed to use this weapon in the respawn of enemies until the last and finished with the Shotgun taking two trophies to eliminate all enemies and get rank A.

Edited by GAUNTLETOFFURIOU
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

In Resident Evil 0 Remaster once you pick a difficulty your stuck with that difficulty for the save file so don't overwrite it unless you don't want to use it anymore the exception to this is after you unlock Leech Hunter for that particular file you can overwrite it with your Leech Hunter data, but DO NOT overwrite with the Wesker Mode data that needs to be a separate save file.

• Like 2