Shopping spree

JBPlatinums

• 1 month later...

For me, the trophy pop after 100% of the first story campaign. I did first buy a cosmetic item on the Chimera, then went to the Ant Hill vendor, and then went to the SHIELD Substation Zero outpost to buy the item. I only bought the Upgrade Module and cosmetic for Ms. Marvel.

I hope this helps those people that having an issue getting this trophy.

I bought from every vendor in the game, several times, nothing.

After installing patch 1.32 yesterday, I did it again, still nothing.

Everything else popped without a problem so far (still a bit worried about the hives though).

So is the only way to delete the save data and start over with the campaign up until Ant Hill? And if that doesn't work, repeat until it does? It takes long enough to do it once again, but multiple times? Ugh. I guess I could upload the save data right before purchasing the first item and keep repeating from there, but I don't have an external save space and I don't want to overwrite the save data from the real playthrough. So if anyone knows a better way, please tell.

On 4/21/2021 at 8:05 PM, Infernopommes said:

I bought from every vendor in the game, several times, nothing.

After installing patch 1.32 yesterday, I did it again, still nothing.

Everything else popped without a problem so far (still a bit worried about the hives though).

So is the only way to delete the save data and start over with the campaign up until Ant Hill? And if that doesn't work, repeat until it does? It takes long enough to do it once again, but multiple times? Ugh. I guess I could upload the save data right before purchasing the first item and keep repeating from there, but I don't have an external save space and I don't want to overwrite the save data from the real playthrough. So if anyone knows a better way, please tell.

Have you already tried finishing first the first campaign? Mine, I did it after finishing the first campaign. Since there will be 3 places, you can buy these items. I did mine on the Helicarrier, Ant Hill, and the Shield Substation Zero outpost.

Edited by vachira1123

I bought several items from every single vendor in all three locations, during and after the campaign.

EDIT:

After installing 1.32, I noticed it then said 92% for my campaign progress (it was 100% before that), but there were no new missions. After installing patch 1.33 today, I did my buying routine again (to no avail of course), but when I got into the Helicarrier, I got a new cutscene I hadn't seen before

(Kamala gets made an Avenger)

and then noticed a new mission on the wartable,

Young Avenger (Flashback)

that was marked as campaign. So I did that and went shopping again, still nothing. The campaign progress still says 92%. What even is this game.

Edited by Infernopommes

@Infernopommes I got the trophy after buying a piece of gear from a Shield vendor (the bald guy) at Substation Zero and another from the Inhuman Alliance (Dr. Maddy Cho) at the Ant Hill.

If I were you, I would finish everything else (50 hives, etc) and then try to get that trophy on a fresh new save.

10 hours ago, Infernopommes said:

After installing 1.32, I noticed it then said 92% for my campaign progress (it was 100% before that)

My progress percentage also regressed to 92%, but I think it happened after I replayed one of the campaign missions after finishing the campaign.

10 hours ago, Infernopommes said:

when I got into the Helicarrier, I got a new cutscene I hadn't seen before

That cutscene is triggered the first time you visit the Helicarrier after finishing that big post-story mission chain Reigning Supreme.

• Like 1

On 23.4.2021 at 1:22 AM, LastMinuteSavior said:

If I were you, I would finish everything else (50 hives, etc) and then try to get that trophy on a fresh new save.

Yep, that was the plan.

My progress percentage also regressed to 92%, but I think it happened after I replayed one of the campaign missions after finishing the campaign.

I never replayed any campain mission.

Finished the Hives grind today (and unless I grossly miscounted, that trophy glitched in a good way for me, I think I got it when I had around 40 done). Deleted my save and started the campaign. Took me around 3,5 hours to get to Maddy Cho, trophy popped without a problem after purchasing from her (after purchasing first from Sidney, then from the Robot in Ant Hill). Platinum right after and deleted again. I hope they don't add trophies to the new expansions, but knowing my luck ...

Anyway, to anyone starting out, I would suggest backing up your save just before you buy your first item from the first vendor, so you can start from there in case the trophy glitches on you.

When starting the new game without a save file, I noticed I still had 500 credits from my previous playthrough (through challenges). So if anyone wants to farm those, maybe that's something you want to look into, I got 100 new credits from a Ms Marvel challenge, totalling to 600, so I think it just stacks to infinity (unless they'll patch it somehow). Just upload your real save, start a new one, load back your previous save afterwards. No idea what credits do other than buying cosmetics for which I don't care for though or if that even is an effective way to farm them, just wanted to put it out there if it helps someone.

Edited by Infernopommes
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 2:38 AM, Infernopommes said:

Yep, that was the plan.

I never replayed any campain mission.

Finished the Hives grind today (and unless I grossly miscounted, that trophy glitched in a good way for me, I think I got it when I had around 40 done). Deleted my save and started the campaign. Took me around 3,5 hours to get to Maddy Cho, trophy popped without a problem after purchasing from her (after purchasing first from Sidney, then from the Robot in Ant Hill). Platinum right after and deleted again. I hope they don't add trophies to the new expansions, but knowing my luck ...

Anyway, to anyone starting out, I would suggest backing up your save just before you buy your first item from the first vendor, so you can start from there in case the trophy glitches on you.

When starting the new game without a save file, I noticed I still had 500 credits from my previous playthrough (through challenges). So if anyone wants to farm those, maybe that's something you want to look into, I got 100 new credits from a Ms Marvel challenge, totalling to 600, so I think it just stacks to infinity (unless they'll patch it somehow). Just upload your real save, start a new one, load back your previous save afterwards. No idea what credits do other than buying cosmetics for which I don't care for though or if that even is an effective way to farm them, just wanted to put it out there if it helps someone.

Congrats on platinum! Me, Im still at 86%.

• 1 year later...
On 2/17/2021 at 0:34 AM, JBPlatinums said:

Yes u can get it by deleting your old save and as soon as u unlock iron man go to the lower level and purchase from the shield man then play the next mission and buy from the woman in the anthill only I used these only 2 vendors and the trophy finally popped

So is this work, or do I have to complete the campaign and then buy stuff?