Small Trophy Guide + Gameplay Tips

JakJakAttacks

On 3/6/2021 at 5:00 PM, BKnocheese said:

The stool is located in Winchester's/ the Golf Game floating by a balloon.

This is the case for all Side Quest items, not just the stool. 

Worth adding that while the Wincehster's game has a limited number of bullets you can shoot, you can simply wait for the blimp to fly right above your cannon and simply shoot upwards; for the Gold game, it's a lot easier as there's no limit on how many time you can hit the ball. As long as you don't actually win, you can keep trying to get the item.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I had such a great run today, really great game.

I recorded my master lich dragun and gloctopus which happened at the same room.

I did the trophy guide for Enter the Dungeon and saddens me that this one still doesn’t have one.

Fun game even though it doesn’t have the depth from the original 

Also thanks for the tips 

@JakJakAttacks

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone is looking for one, I just submitted a trophy guide for this game for review today! Well done with the mini guide OP, looks like you covered everything quite well IMO. 

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 2

On 2.4.2021 at 5:17 PM, Joe Dubz said:

Just in case anyone is looking for one, I just submitted a trophy guide for this game for review today! Well done with the mini guide OP, looks like you covered everything quite well IMO. 

Great work, thanks !

Planning to make Enter the Gungeon my 450th milestone and going for Exit the Gungeon soon after.

Great timing ! :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

@JakJakAttacks these are great tips, I'll leave some as well from my personal experience:

- After you finish the game with all characters you should lock the route as the one you feel is easier for you to go through. For example, I always play with the pilot in the marine route. The marine route is the easiest for me because it doesn't have auto scrollers, balloons, buttons that move platforms, etc. You just need to focus on aiming and shooting.

- Like Jak said, the combo that goes up to 20 doesn't do much, it helps you get a better chest when you find Daisuke and it helps evolve Sir Junken (keep in mind that even if you lose your combo, Sir Junken will remain in the highest evolution he had, for the duration of that run). Personally, I didn't think it did anything to chests or weapons, have never noticed anything significant in either of these. What I did notice was the amount of jammed enemies that start appearing when your combo is over 14, when you start seeing too many jammed enemies you'll notice that your combo is high, if you're not trying to get it to 20 to get a chest from Daisuke or to get Ultra Instinct Sir Junken, there's no reason to have the combo at over 14. I've shot myself in the leg a few times by getting jammed bosses, once I kept the combo at 20 until the 4th boss and I got both the 2nd and the 4th boss as jammed, you end up losing more time and more life because of this, so my advice is, if your combo is over 14, just take a strategic hit, specially if you are about to face a boss. It's better to lose half a heart to a low tier enemy that to lose 2 full hearts because the boss fight has been going for a bit too long.

- This isn't so much gameplay advice, more of a warning, do not pause the game on loading screens, for example when you leave the shop and the next level is loading in the black screen, likewise be very careful when using Clone, EtG is very poorly optimised for PS4 and so, when I need a break, I take it when I'm at Bello's shop and don't pause the game at all. I once lost a Clone run that was about 45 minutes long, because I paused the game on the loading screen and when I unpaused my character wouldn't move, literally couldn't do anything but watch enemies attack me, tried everything to make the character move but he wouldn't.

- Since I talked about Clone, there's another thing I should mention, frame rate issues, you won't need to do much to see this happen because again, the game is poorly optimised, but be advised when using Clone that since you'll have a lot of items on your second run, the frame rate will be worse. I almost lost a run yesterday because I was fighting a jammed Meowitzer and I had items like Bumbullets, Bouncy Bullets and a few others. The weapon changed to the Yari Launcher which by itself always causes frame rate issues and it was hell, the game was playing so slowly that I couldn't read the boss' movements and ended up losing a lot of life because of it, thought I'd lose the run. So just be mindful that depending on the items you have, a clone run might not be the best option.

- Really simple advice to face The Last Dragun, stay on the top platform. This took me way too long to realise, if you stay on the bottom platform it might seem safer but you'll have to dodge much more and you'll still get hit a lot. If you stay on the top platform you just need to jump to the center of Dragun's attacks and you'll be mostly safe.

- Lastly I'll leave a list of items that I always buy and I'll explain why, take into account that I always play with the pilot because of the discount he has in the store:

- Banana Jam Hands: When I first played with The Cultist I thought this was the stupidest item because I couldn't get any consistency with the weapons but I quickly changed my mind because of how easy it is to beat bosses with it.

Banana Jam Hands description is the following: Greatly increases the rate at which the player's blessed gun will change forms. Upon changing forms the old form will be thrown in the direction the player is aiming, with the ability to damage enemies.

This is a good thing because I've been stuck with useless weapons like the Casey, Black Hole Gun or very low tier weapons that do no damage to bosses and if I had had this item it wouldn't be that much of a hassle to get through them.

- Clone: used in moderation taking into account what I've said earlier, the only reason I use it is because it makes the second run much faster so I usually get killed at the Glocktopus since he doesn't drop any Credits and just breeze through the second run.

- Coin Crown: usually super cheap so it's never a big loss and it makes up for it really quickly, meaning you can buy a lot of items in the next shops, bonus points if you also get Gilded Bullets which can increase your damage output up to 100% at 500 Shells.

- Bouncy Bullets: You're in a tight space in most levels, just make a bouncy mess and you'll be flying through levels.

- Gundromeda Strain: Will be expensive but it's always nice to have weaker enemies.

- Magic Sweet: More damage output and more health, yes please.

- Galactic Medal of Valor: More damage output.

- Scattershot: Like Jak said it is an amazing low tier item that can win you the game.

This is all I can remember right now, hope you find it helpful!