Will platinum auto pop from PS4?

HMSilky

3 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

The grind is definitely not fun, as it's about 10 hours of mindlessly grinding a single fight over and over, post game. I finished the game doing everything in around 35 hours and a total of about 45 after finishing off the BOND points grind.

So if those numbers itt are accurate for Yakuza (80h for the game and 20h grinding- and apparently millennium tower is still kinda hard after that from some things I've read?), then Like a Dragon is def gonna be a harder plat than Strikers I'd say.

It isn't difficult at all IF you level the entire party. This is where the grind comes into play. I can't remember if the guide here links to Powerpyx's leveling guide or not. If you follow what he says it is fairly simple. I am terrible at higher difficulty and rarely try to go for the trophies. If I breezed through it the majority of people will have zero issues.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wargazsem said:

It isn't difficult at all IF you level the entire party. This is where the grind comes into play. I can't remember if the guide here links to Powerpyx's leveling guide or not. If you follow what he says it is fairly simple. I am terrible at higher difficulty and rarely try to go for the trophies. If I breezed through it the majority of people will have zero issues.

That's good to know. I guess the question I'll have to see is if want to put in that time for the grind at the end of the game ?

The grind for the True Millennium Tower wasn’t as bad as I expected. I’d put this off for months (PS4 version) but finally decided to give the tower a go to get my last trophy a few days ago. I only levelled up 1 job per character to 99 and all their other jobs to 30. You don’t need to waste time grinding other jobs to 99, just the job you’re going to use. Using the tips from the PS4 forum I did it on my first attempt comfortably.

So I’d say don’t let it put you off playing the game or going for the platinum. It’s not that bad. I plan on replaying the game on the PS5 version but not for a while. 

Edited by chalky83
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 7:53 PM, turniplord said:

Well, other than Dirt 5, Concept Destruction, WRC 9, Undead Horde, Planet Coaster, Maneater, King Oddball, Bugsnax, Mortal Kombat (some modes), Jydge, Bridge Constructor TWD, Freddy Spaghetti, Sparkle Unleashed, Override 2, MXGP, Hitman 3, Ride 4, Atelier Ryza 2, The Pedestrian, Control, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Ultra Goodness 2, Anodyne 2, Death Tales, Thunderflash, Mighty Fight Federation...

So yeah, other than those 26 (I also missed a few), Yakuza is one of the first...

If you only count the big AAA games then yeah, maybe. But not when you step back and look at all the free upgrades and cross-buy titles. 

You might want to look at the list you posted again.  Hitman 3 definitely has a cross save feature.  While it doesn't carry over your progress IN a level; all unlocks, trophies, and server side level completion progress is both backwards and forwards compatible.  So anything you do on PS4 will carry over to PS5 and vise versa. 

If you look at my trophy list I have 63% trophies on both versions and the PS4 ones were auto popped.  I played on PS5 then installed the PS4 version and all of the trophies popped once I signed into their servers on it.

Edited by Snake2410

4 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

You might want to look at the list you posted again.  Hitman 3 definitely has a cross save feature.  While it doesn't carry over your progress IN a level; all unlocks, trophies, and server side level completion progress is both backwards and forwards compatible.  So anything you do on PS4 will carry over to PS5 and vise versa. 

If you look at my trophy list I have 63% trophies on both versions and the PS4 ones were auto popped.  I played on PS5 then installed the PS4 version and all of the trophies popped once I signed into their servers on it.

One game... There have been many more games since posting that comment which doesn't support any form of cross-gen save importing and/or auto popping of trophies.

When I played the PS4 version of Hitman 3 on launch, I didn't notice any trophies unlocking on my PS4 version, but I've only played the PS5 version since. 

13 hours ago, turniplord said:

One game... There have been many more games since posting that comment which doesn't support any form of cross-gen save importing and/or auto popping of trophies.

When I played the PS4 version of Hitman 3 on launch, I didn't notice any trophies unlocking on my PS4 version, but I've only played the PS5 version since. 

You have to log into the version that you don't have the trophies in after getting them in the other, at that point everything you got on one will pop for the other.  All Hitman 3 trophy and unlock/mastery progress data is stored on their servers, not locally.  So they auto pop for whichever version you don't have them unlocked on.  It's been like that since launch.  You can even delete your local save file without losing progress outside of any auto or manual saves made in a level. 

It's the reason some of the glitched progress trophies can't be fixed by just deleting your local save and trying again, example is the Icebreaker trophy in my list that didn't pop even though I did everything required for it.  That was the reason I loaded up the PS4 version in the first place, to see if it was bugged on my end or theirs.  

If it's a local save, then the devs have to patch it in for save transfer and auto pop, sever save it's more likely trophies can be auto popped.  This game I believe is local, so it's way more work to make a save transfer.  That's why games like Spider-Man didn't add the save transfer until after release.  Comes down to how much work the devs want to put into it.  Unlike Xbox, Sony left it 100% up to the devs for any kind of progress/trophy transfer.