Hartman - Final Encounter Fight - AWE DLC

Nitemares-----

I looked through the topics and I didn't see anything about the final fight with Hartman. Thought I'd share my strategy and set-up for new players like myself who are having problems. Always bring a Ranger with you, he keeps Hartman busy and away from you. After Hartman's first bar of Health is gone, (which is easy to do), he darkens the room automatically. After turning the lights back on during the second part, he kept darkening the room no matter what I did, I tried every strategy and this worked best, I beat him right away after many tries.

Use the Pierce gun with Mods:
Damage Boost
Damage Boost 
Custodial Readiness (you get from the Ahti's AWE Quests)

Personal Mods:
Health Boost
Health Boost
Health Recovery

After turning the lights back on and dealing with a couple Hiss soldiers, the battle during the second phase can literally take like a minute, no need to have it drawn out. Keep your distance at all times, everytime Hartman gets close, just evade. Only shoot your Pierce gun, (with Custodial Readiness it reloads fast), when he says Darkness or looks like he's going to slam the ground, use Multi-Launch, it will stop him from turning the lights off. You don't want to keep launching, otherwise you won't have enough Energy for Multi-Launch and evade when needed.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nitemares----- said:

I looked through the topics and I didn't see anything about the final fight with Hartman. Thought I'd share my strategy and set-up for new players like myself who are having problems. Always bring a Ranger with you, he keeps Hartman busy and away from you. After Hartman's first bar of Health is gone, (which is easy to do), he darkens the room automatically. After turning the lights back on during the second part, he kept darkening the room no matter what I did, I tried every strategy and this worked best, I beat him right away after many tries.

Use the Pierce gun with Mods:
Damage Boost
Damage Boost 
Custodial Readiness (you get from the Ahti's AWE Quests)

Personal Mods:
Health Boost
Health Boost
Health Recovery

After turning the lights back on and dealing with a couple Hiss soldiers, the battle during the second phase can literally take like a minute, no need to have it drawn out. Keep your distance at all times, everytime Hartman gets close, just evade. Only shoot your Pierce gun, (with Custodial Readiness it reloads fast), when he says Darkness or looks like he's going to slam the ground, use Multi-Launch, it will stop him from turning the lights off. You don't want to keep launching, otherwise you won't have enough Energy for Multi-Launch and evade when needed.

Good advice for doing it legit :) thanks for taking the time to write it up and share it!

I beat him legit without the disability-friendly settings on but he didn't drop the item i needed for the Surge of Power trophy, so i'm stuck at 98% completion. I'll go back to it for a replay when Control 2 inevitably arrives and get it then, but it stung a bit not being able to get that one last trophy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Good advice for doing it legit :) thanks for taking the time to write it up and share it!

I beat him legit without the disability-friendly settings on but he didn't drop the item i needed for the Surge of Power trophy, so i'm stuck at 98% completion. I'll go back to it for a replay when Control 2 inevitably arrives and get it then, but it stung a bit not being able to get that one last trophy.

Thanks, I honestly didn't even know about the 1 hit setting, never really went to options, even if i knew, I wouldn't have done it. 

I got the Surge Level 3 upgrade before the Hartman fight, not sure which ones drop the item,  but I know the Side Missions I found gave them, maybe this will help you out if you missed a Mission.

Dead In Its Tracks

Gerbil Took The Top Head

Return To Sender

SHUM

I'm pretty sure Ahti's 3 Side Missions only give you the Custodial Readiness.